Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 25th, 2017, 12:14 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
C3G Poker-Sized Card Project

You can find all our released poker cards here

Currently available
First Decade Deck 1
First Decade Deck 2
Glyphs, DOs, and Spells from the First Decade
Errata, Updates, and Class Changes from the First Decade
Year 11

The complete collection of figure cards from the beginning through Wave 32 - 897 cards plus 3 double sided Uncommon marker cards = 900

The complete Glyph, DO, Spell collection from the beginning through Wave 32 - 113 total cards

OK to help keep track and to let folks know the progress I decided to start this thread.

Cards not ready for Proof Reading

Ready for Proof Reading

Cards Needed:
Waves
Spoiler Alert!

SSEs
Spoiler Alert!

PECs
Spoiler Alert!

Other
Spoiler Alert!

Prototype printer

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; June 3rd, 2021 at 12:27 AM. Reason: added Wave 31
Old January 25th, 2017, 12:14 AM
See the Book of Sporx for updates.

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Corrections Needed:

Corrections made and ready for Backchecking

Waves
Spoiler Alert!

SSEs
Spoiler Alert!

PECs
Spoiler Alert!

Other
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Sporx; May 16th, 2020 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Edits 5.16.2020
Old January 25th, 2017, 12:16 AM
See the Book of Sporx for updates.

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sets Completed:

Master Sets
Spoiler Alert!

Waves
Spoiler Alert!

SSEs
Spoiler Alert!

PECs
Spoiler Alert!

Other
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Sporx; May 16th, 2020 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Updates 5.16.2020
Old January 25th, 2017, 09:12 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Poker-Sized Card Project

Examples:
Glyph
Spoiler Alert!

Figure
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It was originally based off a concept that JustaBill posted that I recreated and tweaked. It combines the mini and comic in a single card and goes with the more standard C3G look for the text background. I've been making my way through picking up all the recent text changes.

Text font is the same as C3G standard but actually a touch larger than the official cards amazingly enough. The text box is slightly larger overall that the official cards.
In case you think it's too much border...here is the cutlines indicating the actual card size. The blue line is typically where the cards are cut if the shop hits them perfectly..
Spoiler Alert!

possible back...
Spoiler Alert!

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 25th, 2017, 10:01 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These look beautiful. Is the plan to eventually release new figures with both formats (Hex and rectangle)?

I can't help but see how nanDECK would automate the crap out of this...just sayin. If it would interest you, I would be happy to help you get setup and going (not that you can't figure it out, but I know it well enough to help speed you along).
Old January 25th, 2017, 11:21 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
These look beautiful. Is the plan to eventually release new figures with both formats (Hex and rectangle)?

I can't help but see how nanDECK would automate the crap out of this...just sayin. If it would interest you, I would be happy to help you get setup and going (not that you can't figure it out, but I know it well enough to help speed you along).
One issue I'm seeing is that it appears that you make one template for the backgrounds and such. Not as much an issue with Classic since there is just one color scheme per general. C3G however uses different background and borders for each unit. The text part isn't an issue since it's just copy and paste from the second post of each book. I save the templates for each set so that if I need to update or change any text it's quick and easy. The part that takes time is trimming the mini and creating the target zones which can't be automated anymore than I already have it with my photoshop actions. I also have actions that auto color the borders.

As for your other question, yes I will continue to create the cards for each set. To be open...all the cards that are finalized for the next release have already been created. The newer cards are the easiest for a few reasons. 1. the mini and comic images are linked in the post so I don't have to search for them.
2. If I created the official card I just copy paste the mini and text straight over since with a direct port.

Some of the older cards don't have the comic image linked and a lot of the links to mini images are no longer valid so they take a little longer. I have most of them already done from previous efforts but since I added the highlighted mini option I have to go back and fix them. Also some of the previous ones had been done with the mini that we had and since these are being released here I need to change the cards to the official mini's. I also hadn't updated text in awhile so I'm picking that up as well. Because I'm not sure on the mini I have or when the last updates were done I'm going through each figure and checking text and mini's which is why it takes time. Plus I'm only one guy with a family.

Old January 25th, 2017, 11:34 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
One issue I'm seeing is that it appears that you make one template for the backgrounds and such. Not as much an issue with Classic since there is just one color scheme per general. C3G however uses different background and borders for each unit. The text part isn't an issue since it's just copy and paste from the second post of each book. I save the templates for each set so that if I need to update or change any text it's quick and easy. The part that takes time is trimming the mini and creating the target zones which can't be automated anymore than I already have it with my photoshop actions. I also have actions that auto color the borders.

As for your other question, yes I will continue to create the cards for each set. To be open...all the cards that are finalized for the next release have already been created. The newer cards are the easiest for a few reasons. 1. the mini and comic images are linked in the post so I don't have to search for them.
2. If I created the official card I just copy paste the mini and text straight over since with a direct port.

Some of the older cards don't have the comic image linked and a lot of the links to mini images are no longer valid so they take a little longer. I have most of them already done from previous efforts but since I added the highlighted mini option I have to go back and fix them. Also some of the previous ones had been done with the mini that we had and since these are being released here I need to change the cards to the official mini's. I also hadn't updated text in awhile so I'm picking that up as well. Because I'm not sure on the mini I have or when the last updates were done I'm going through each figure and checking text and mini's which is why it takes time. Plus I'm only one guy with a family.
So I think I have adjusted my perspective on this. I can see how this is not a good solution for C3G. There is just to much fine tuning. I am finding that nanDECK is brilliant for rapidly creating cards that hit 90% of the target. If your goal is to publish high quality polished products as the C3G does, not so great. But if your like me and you just want playable resources that are good enough...then it is brilliant. I also think it could help a lot of people that want to make customs but can't hang with photoshop/gimp.

I posted a write up on nanDECK in the software section btw. Sorry to crud up your thread with this
Old January 25th, 2017, 12:36 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Quote:

So I think I have adjusted my perspective on this. I can see how this is not a good solution for C3G. There is just to much fine tuning. I am finding that nanDECK is brilliant for rapidly creating cards that hit 90% of the target. If your goal is to publish high quality polished products as the C3G does, not so great. But if your like me and you just want playable resources that are good enough...then it is brilliant. I also think it could help a lot of people that want to make customs but can't hang with photoshop/gimp.

I posted a write up on nanDECK in the software section btw. Sorry to crud up your thread with this
Yeah I saw your thread. I actually rep'd you for it. I was hoping it would work out because it would have been simpler and quicker. I agree that it will be great for other customs. Especially if you only need a few templates.

Old January 25th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Can you post those somewhere I can try to proof them?

Awesome work japes!

Really looking forward to printing these out!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 25th, 2017, 05:27 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Can you post those somewhere I can try to proof them?

Awesome work japes!

Really looking forward to printing these out!
PM sent.

Just post in here when you have finished a set and I'll track it in the post above.

Thanks a ton. Let me know if anything needs adjusted or fixed or just doesn't look right (art and mini wise) All changes should be easily done.

Old January 27th, 2017, 11:50 AM

Wasgo knows what's in an order marker Wasgo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
possible back...
Spoiler Alert!
I like the logo, but I'm not a fan of the cards being vertical, and the logo being horizontal. Could you rotate it 90 degrees?
Old January 27th, 2017, 03:55 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
Quote:
possible back...
Spoiler Alert!
I like the logo, but I'm not a fan of the cards being vertical, and the logo being horizontal. Could you rotate it 90 degrees?
Yeah I figured someone would call me on that. I ran out of pattern for the background and wanted the logo to be the same orientation as the hexes in the background. I'll work on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy