Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 17th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: IAmBatman's Design Workshop

What cost range are you going for here because they look like they could be 350-400.

Skeletor with Range 5 and 7 attack is going to be brutal, especially in a Cap & Starlord build. 9 Attack at 5 Range, yikes!
The Defense subtraction is pretty meaningless since he has MD.

I think he needs wording that allows him to actually carry more than one EQ Glyph?

More later, gotta roll. Fun concepts.
Old July 17th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
That could work. I know I used a tweaked version of Heroic Duty on Mammoth to be more specific, another option here would be to maybe take that approach...I guess I need to review Mammoth and see if that approach even works.
Mammoth's version doesn't cause any loops, because he can only step in for Shimmer. What could happen is that Mammoth could step in to roll defense for Shimmer and then Superman could intervene and roll defense in place of Mammoth. But Mammoth isn't about to break back in and roll defense for Superman, so that's fine.
Old July 17th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Liking Ronin’s suggestions for the power sword and Heroic Duty language to prevent issues. Are folks ok with tweaking the wording on a card as old snd established as Superman I’s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What cost range are you going for here because they look like they could be 350-400.

Skeletor with Range 5 and 7 attack is going to be brutal, especially in a Cap & Starlord build. 9 Attack at 5 Range, yikes!
The Defense subtraction is pretty meaningless since he has MD.

I think he needs wording that allows him to actually carry more than one EQ Glyph?

More later, gotta roll. Fun concepts.
350-400 is probably about right thematically. In terms of pure power, He-Man isn’t that far off from Supes. If nothing else, his plot armor is epic.

Good point on Magical Defense mostly negating the defense loss. I had Magical Defense on their for theme and wasn’t considering its mechanical effects fully. I think I will make the glyph +1/-1 instead of +2/-2 and lower his life at least one.

I’m not sure I want him carrying multiple equipment glyphs. I guess two max if he already has one when a starting one flips. I’ll chew on that one.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 17th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I never have an issue with minor card updates if they:
1) don't change how the card works with anything that already exists
2) open up design space
Old July 17th, 2018, 12:55 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Agreed Ronin. Since this would be the first reuse of Heroic Duty, it wouldn't change anything about Superman's design at all.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 17th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

He-Man: I really like Power Sword but would consider a mechanic that requires two wounds for a Champion to lose it. I can never remember He-Man ever being disarmed.

I feel like some sort of Super Throw is a must. Essentially akin to the optional Throwing Rules. This is a recurring theme as he has thrown dangerous objects into space.

Not really feeling Heroic Duty. Something more like what Robin has would be cool, where you have to attack He-Man instead of an adjacent figure.

Not really loving Power Punch either, not sure he really needs anything like that.
I would be happier with a Knock-back mechanic.

Skeletor: Pretty much covered it in my last post. He really should have a Teleport power or Spell. He pretty much teleports away at the end of every episode.

ANOTHER TIME HE-MAN
Once per game, after an enemy rolls attack dice against Skeletor, you may ignore the attack and place Skeletor in your SZ, no LEAs.

or

Once per game, if Skeletor would be destroyed, instead place him in your SZ and remove all but 5 wounds markers from this card.
Old July 17th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Good point on Magical Defense mostly negating the defense loss. I had Magical Defense on their for theme and wasn’t considering its mechanical effects fully. I think I will make the glyph +1/-1 instead of +2/-2 and lower his life at least one.
Another option would be to keep Power Mad as is and replace MD with something like this (modeled on Kristoff):

MAGICAL PROFICIENCY
Skeletor may cast Spells as if he had the Magical Defense special power. While Skeletor is casting a Spell, whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 17th, 2018, 04:09 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think I have Kristoff in my copy of the index. Could I have a link, please?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 17th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I don't think I have Kristoff in my copy of the index. Could I have a link, please?
Here we go. Kristoff has a once per round restriction on spellcasting, as he's weaker.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 17th, 2018, 04:56 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I personally like Magical Defense on Skeletor. Makes perfect sense.
Some responses to other comments:
  • Yes, indeed He-Man loses the power sword on occasion. In fact, a few episodes are built around him losing possession of the sword and striving to get it back. At least one has him as Prince Adam 90% of the episode trying to recover the sword, so that he can become He-Man and save the day.
  • Skeletor is kind of portrayed as a bumbler in most of the episodes, but in the comics he is much more of a serious threat, and occasionally he is portrayed that way as well in the TV show. i know the She-Ra Origin has him as much more of a threat. I'm really liking these so far. I just really hate that the Havok Staff doesn't freeze people in place or teleport him. Those were two of the more iconic powers. I think Magical Defense puts him more on par with He-Man, so that he can give him a run for his money, but should eventually fall first. Of course that's just theoryscape, so testing will show if that's true or not.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old July 17th, 2018, 05:07 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Just had this thought, which could help balance him with He-Man:
Quote:
MAGICALLY ADEPT
Skeletor may cast Spells as if he had the Magical Defense special power. While Skeletor is casting a Spell, whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well. When Skeletor is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, if he rolls at least one Shield, the most wounds Skeletor can take for this attack is one.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old July 17th, 2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
He-Man: I really like Power Sword but would consider a mechanic that requires two wounds for a Champion to lose it. I can never remember He-Man ever being disarmed.
I'd consider that. I definitely want him to be able to lose it, though, so Skeletor can try to steal it. I think his defense is high enough that losing it on one wound wouldn't be terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
I feel like some sort of Super Throw is a must. Essentially akin to the optional Throwing Rules. This is a recurring theme as he has thrown dangerous objects into space.
Objects more than people, though he's done both. I think he hits people and knocks them way back and throws people at about the same regularity. I think we need to choose one or the other for the card, so it's a matter of deciding which is more essential. I'd probably just go straight up Super Throw if we went with a throw power.

Wouldn't mind a straw poll here if folks prefer a throw or a punch power on He-Man.

Quote:
Not really feeling Heroic Duty. Something more like what Robin has would be cool, where you have to attack He-Man instead of an adjacent figure.
The theme of Robin's power is that he's a decoy, though. The theme here is that He-Man is always going to leap in the way of trouble to save a civilian. I'm not sure why Robin's power would speak to the theme more than Heroic Duty. Simply put, I'm unconvinced of your position, but open to hearing more about your reasoning.

Quote:
Not really loving Power Punch either, not sure he really needs anything like that.
I would be happier with a Knock-back mechanic.
I think if we keep the Power Punch I'll revamp it as a special attack that can knock back and remove OMs.

The thing about both a power punch that knocks back AND a throw power is, as you outline above, both are options with optional rules already. Which kind of begs the point of why bother putting them on his card? If the end user wants them, they can have them without using the text beyond giving him Super Strength.

Quote:
Skeletor: Pretty much covered it in my last post. He really should have a Teleport power or Spell. He pretty much teleports away at the end of every episode.

ANOTHER TIME HE-MAN
Once per game, after an enemy rolls attack dice against Skeletor, you may ignore the attack and place Skeletor in your SZ, no LEAs.

or

Once per game, if Skeletor would be destroyed, instead place him in your SZ and remove all but 5 wounds markers from this card.
It seems like a teleportation spell is something that'd be available for any magic user, though, already. Is that something y'all have made yet?

I do agree that his teleporting to escape at the end of a battle is pretty iconic, but two things on that:

1. He does it at the end of a battle after he's lost (which, how do you translate that into a single battle without essentially making it into two battles on a thematic level?)

2. What on the card gets replaced (not doing a four power card here).

I think it's best left as something he can do either through one of his three glyphs (though it seems like his teleporting just comes from his magic, not any magical items) or a spell that he can use as someone with Magical Defense (or maybe the other magical power suggested by Orang).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy