Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 10th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: IAmBatman's Design Workshop

Yeah, lots of options for Trigon if he needs to be toned down.

For Blockbuster, I'm thinking I might go with the one OM version and then make it one additional OM if the chosen figure is a Vigilante. It is, after all, based on his dogging Nightwing in Nightwing's solo series (pre-New 52), and it also just makes more sense for Vigilantes to be more affected by Blackmail of this sort since they operate further outside the law than most.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 11th, 2016, 12:08 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So that'd make it something like this:

BLACKMAIL
At the start of the game, you may choose one Unique Hero with a Secret Identity. If you win initiative and the chosen hero is within clear sight of Blockbuster, the player controlling the chosen hero must reveal and remove one Order Marker from the chosen hero’s Army Card, if possible, or two Order Markers from the chosen hero’s Army Card if the chosen hero is a Vigilante.

Still a pain in the butt for Order Marker hubs, but he'll just slow them down a tad rather than halting them altogether. Mister Fantastic just feeds him the "X" as do others who don't use it. Hawkman (Carter Hall) hates him with a burning passion. He mostly keeps Vigilantes sidelined while he's in play.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 16th, 2018, 11:03 PM

Man, haven't used this thread in a while ... well, here they are! The initial drafts I have, at least:

HE-MAN
Spoiler Alert!

SKELETOR
Spoiler Alert!

Old July 16th, 2018, 11:18 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I love the Skeletor concept. The idea of having a random magic item each game is really cool. The items are variable and would lead toward very different playstyles for him.

He-Man makes sense as well. I think Heroic Duty is appropriate for this character. My biggest concern is that the Power Sword glyph could be really powerful if used by other characters in a normal glyph pool.

Also, fantastic art for both!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 16th, 2018, 11:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think 90% of my exposure to He-Man comes from that one Geico commercial that the NHL Network was showing 8000 times during any game you streamed last winter, and the other 10% comes from a couple action figures that I sometimes had to play with at my grandparents' house when I was little - presumably they were an artifact from one of my uncles.

So coming from that level of expertise....

Skeletor is really intriguing. The Crystal Ball is pretty underwhelming when compared to his other options (since, as you point out, the Object of Power at least comes with the benefit of being difficult to lose). The concept here is really, really cool, though even if it could use some refinement.

He-Man is pretty jacked, and Power Punch does feel like more of a 1-2 than one big hit. I like the idea of making it a little more OM-based, like you mentioned:

Quote:
Before attacking with He-Man's normal attack, you may remove an unrevealed Order Marker from this card. If you do, and He-Man inflicts at least one wound, you may remove an unrevealed Order Marker at random from the defending figure's card.
It's pretty simple, and at that point the Power Sword stuff may need to carry more of the design hook, but the crazy-good double attack version worries me a little.
Old July 17th, 2018, 02:52 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I really like what you have and I think Ronin's suggestion for Power Punch is on the money. I do have two small suggestions. 1) Make Power Sword +2, but to Attack only, while 2) Lowering his base Attack to 5.
Reasons: I can safely say that I have seen every episode of He-Man and the MOTU from the 80s. While He-man is stout, he is definitely more offensive than defensive, in fact he was often captured or knocked out as a plot devise, so 6 Defense is fine, especially with Ranged Counter-strike, his one go to defensive move. Also, it makes him feel more Prince Adam without the power sword glyph. Lastly, it makes power sword REALLY boost him. Power Punch is good without the sword, but great with it.

EDIT: Oh and your right, just Adam is odd. IMO, it should be Prince Adam, especially if he's a Champion, which I like.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old July 17th, 2018, 05:39 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm liking both of them, especially Skeletor! Just a few stray observations:

1) I'm liking what people are suggesting for Power Punch/Power Sword;
2) Would Noble fit for He-Man? It's already been used on Silver Surfer;
3) Having another figure in the game with Heroic Duty does feel like it may cause problems... I'm wondering if it's best to try to come up with something new to represent this theme? Gives the design more of a hook as well;
4) Mysterious Item of Power is awesome - it makes Skeletor feel just like a cheesy 80s cartoon villain, as he should;
5) Power-Mad 13's already a power name on Vulcan, so you may have to change the name there.
6) Crystal Ball is feeling a bit of a let-down right now - it needs to be juiced a bit;
7) Spells aren't going to break Skeletor - they'll be nice for him, certainly (I can certainly see Mesmerise being useful to keep him alive a tad longer when his defence drops, and Hypnotise will pair nicely with Crystal Ball), but you still need to pair for them and he's not going to be breaking any.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 17th, 2018, 08:36 AM

I'm liking the suggestions and feedback thus far! Next update will probably include Ronin's suggested Power Punch (or something close) and Spidey's suggested tweaks to the Power Sword. "Prince" is a title, though, and not his name. If we ever do a Prince Adam card, he can be Adam and have the Prince class, though (and a transformation power).

Any brainstorming on possible Heroic Duty replacements? The power as is feels sooo appropriate for him, but I just worry about that power stacking with Superman (maybe one of the competitive minds can comment on whether it's as big of a deal as I worry or not?).

From Orang, I can give Noble some consideration. I was thinking Honorable as a bit of a sideways reference to "the Honor of Grayskulll" (something She-Ra technically says, but the two are pretty much personality carbon copies of each other).

I'm open to new suggestions for the power name of "Power Mad" (and I'll mull on it myself).

To juice up Crystal Ball, maybe something that lets you change some of your OM placement after viewing that of your opponents?

Old July 17th, 2018, 09:44 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
From Orang, I can give Noble some consideration. I was thinking Honorable as a bit of a sideways reference to "the Honor of Grayskulll" (something She-Ra technically says, but the two are pretty much personality carbon copies of each other).

Well they are twins aren't they? Carbon based copies...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 17th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I like Spidey's suggestion for the Power Sword. I'd probably also slap a couple restrictions on it:
-make the attack boost only good against adjacent figures
-make the ranged counter strike part only work for Adam's class or personality

I think that makes it a little more manageable to have in a glyph pool, and it doesn't become Apoc's favorite new toy.

On the Crystal Ball, if you wanted to make it a more active power, you could maybe do something like this?

Quote:
If you win initiative and at least one Order Marker is on this card, you may immediately view one unrevealed Order Marker in an opponent's army. When that Order Marker is revealed, you may immediately do XYZ.
Not sure what XYZ is. Maybe move a couple figures, rearrange your own OMs or something.

On reusing Heroic Duty, I'm not worried about it from a competitive perspective, (the competitive types consider it a negative power), but the fact that they both have to roll defense instead of each other would put them into an infinite loop. Well, maybe not quite infinite - they could use their alternating movement to work their way over to the attacker and engage him, finally preventing Heroic Duty from triggering with the now-adjacent attack.

I'd be fine with updating Heroic Duty to make it handle re-use a little better. I think just tweaking the first few words to something like "If a friendly figure without this special power that is within 3 spaces..." would handle the issue (at least, the only issue that I'm seeing).
Old July 17th, 2018, 10:11 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Ooo, I like that wording change, Ronin!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old July 17th, 2018, 10:49 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I like Spidey's suggestion for the Power Sword. I'd probably also slap a couple restrictions on it:
-make the attack boost only good against adjacent figures
-make the ranged counter strike part only work for Adam's class or personality

I think that makes it a little more manageable to have in a glyph pool, and it doesn't become Apoc's favorite new toy.

On the Crystal Ball, if you wanted to make it a more active power, you could maybe do something like this?

Quote:
If you win initiative and at least one Order Marker is on this card, you may immediately view one unrevealed Order Marker in an opponent's army. When that Order Marker is revealed, you may immediately do XYZ.
Not sure what XYZ is. Maybe move a couple figures, rearrange your own OMs or something.

On reusing Heroic Duty, I'm not worried about it from a competitive perspective, (the competitive types consider it a negative power), but the fact that they both have to roll defense instead of each other would put them into an infinite loop. Well, maybe not quite infinite - they could use their alternating movement to work their way over to the attacker and engage him, finally preventing Heroic Duty from triggering with the now-adjacent attack.

I'd be fine with updating Heroic Duty to make it handle re-use a little better. I think just tweaking the first few words to something like "If a friendly figure without this special power that is within 3 spaces..." would handle the issue (at least, the only issue that I'm seeing).

That could work. I know I used a tweaked version of Heroic Duty on Mammoth to be more specific, another option here would be to maybe take that approach...I guess I need to review Mammoth and see if that approach even works.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy