Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Requests for Reevaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Woot woot! It's about time someone fixes Nightcrawler. Classic case of overconfident lead designer leading to sub-par results.
Since I have you here, any particular reason why you wanted it to only work vs. normal attacks?
I don't exactly remember, but it probably had something to do with Psychic attacks. We were in the process of designing Prof X and Jean at the time, and I assume we were attempting to ensure that Nightcrawler wasn't able to Bamf! away from some sort of psychic blast.
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:49 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Woot woot! It's about time someone fixes Nightcrawler. Classic case of overconfident lead designer leading to sub-par results.
Since I have you here, any particular reason why you wanted it to only work vs. normal attacks?
I don't exactly remember, but it probably had something to do with Psychic attacks. We were in the process of designing Prof X and Jean at the time, and I assume we were attempting to ensure that Nightcrawler wasn't able to Bamf! away from some sort of psychic blast.
While the theme of that is perfect, it doesn't make any more sense for Spider-Man to swing line away from a psychic attack than it does for Nightcrawler to Bamf away.

It's been a while since I played Nightcrawler (or anything C3G for that matter...it's been all HoSS all the time lately) but maybe this is part of the problem, ie - his weakness to SA's.
Old May 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Maybe changing to to avoid all attacks would fix him enough?
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Off topic again - concerning Penguin, I don't think that his self importance power is really very themetic (isn't he something of a coward?) I think he could be changed in a very good way if you replace SI16 with a power that effects criminal figures (maybe like black mask's) It would make him a more effective Crime Lord, and it would bring him back to the realm of playability.
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Penguin can be a frustrating figure to use as he screws up your own plans.
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:50 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

My first real playtest for PM at 140 points.

PM did SP a rediculously high amount of times....I played the losing team. This should not be the norm. I will post more play tests as I am able to do them.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by weebaer; May 29th, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Please post playtests in proper format, including how many wounds on each of the surviving figures and such! Thanks!
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:09 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wait... Thor 2?
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:49 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Wait... Thor 2?
Thor2, Cap2 and Hulk2 all only refer to player 2's figures (me).

Both teams had Thor, Cap Am (C3G), and Hulk (C3G). I was just using the numbers to help the reader know which team's figure was doing what. I probably should have used A and B.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:26 AM

Ohhhhh... That makes more sense.
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

So I've been thinking about where I'd want to see an updated Nightcrawler fall power wise. I think 160 points is a good place to target for him. He is not quite to the level of Emma Frost or Bishop at 170, but should be on even footing with Banshee at 160 and slightly better then Iceman at 150.

Now what D20# would get us better into that point range? I'm looking at the 160 point Spider-Man card and his D20# is down at 11+, however he would also have 1 more life, 1 more defense, & 1 more movement then our Nightcrawler. Then both have a SA that is pretty different in nature so they would be hard to compare. Both are SA or 3, but one involves moving and attacking adj. figures up to 3 times, the other one is a single ranged attack that lowers a figures defense by 1. Each SA has it's usefulness vs. a different type of opponents figures. Still the +1 def. & +1 life is fairly significant in terms of survivability and extending Nightcrawler's survivability is the reason for the update. So without changing the def. or life numbers I think Nightcrawler should have a slightly better D20 roll.

Thus my suggestion would be that we update his evade power to fall into line with all the other powers of a similar nature and extend it to cover special attacks as well. Then lower the roll down to 10+ and test him out at 160 to see how he does.
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Ravenous Raptor

darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby!

Just to clarify I am pretty sure Meteorite removes OMs before she moves. So you can still run right up and punch her in the face. I took her down fast with Wolverine with a Sage Mutant Power Boost on him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy