Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 28th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Requests for Reevaluation

I think this thread is more for slight tweaks. Total redesigns should be new public designs. As you can tell from the multiple Superman, Joker, and Batman designs, we have no issues with two or more different takes on the same character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I think this thread is more for slight tweaks. Total redesigns should be new public designs. As you can tell from the multiple Superman, Joker, and Batman designs, we have no issues with two or more different takes on the same character.
That is the impression I had as well, thanks for the quick response. I'll excuse myself from the Hawkeye discussion then. However, I will contribute some Nightcrawler play tests if we can get his D20# changed. Anything in particular (units with/units against/board type) you want to see in those tests?
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:14 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
However, I will contribute some Nightcrawler play tests if we can get his D20# changed. Anything in particular (units with/units against/board type) you want to see in those tests?
I'll leave that up to you guys although you may want to ask in the strategy thread. You should probably all agree on the number to test him at too.

Quote:
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
However, I will contribute some Nightcrawler play tests if we can get his D20# changed. Anything in particular (units with/units against/board type) you want to see in those tests?
I'll leave that up to you guys although you may want to ask in the strategy thread. You should probably all agree on the number to test him at too.
Okay, thanks for clarifying that. You don't just want tests of the card in it's current state, but tests of the proposed changed card then.

Let me put some thought into what I feel a good D20# would be then for Nightcrawler and see where others think it should be at, then we should discuss that that change would do to his point value. I think that discussion might be best had here rather then the strategy thread so everyone who is interested in seeing the Nightcrawler card undergo a D20# and point change should chime in with their thoughts.
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:39 PM

It depends on the design. For Puppet Master, we want tests for how he is now.

For Nightcrawler, you guys have proposed you want Teleport Evade lowered and the points adjusted. Since that's a specific tweak you guys want to see, we'd like to see tests for that specific tweak.

Quote:
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:23 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hypothetically, if you decide that a given figure has serious issues, is this likely the direction you would take? Would you, say, just adjust the current Puppet Master to have a higher price or a reduced range, or would you make a new PM that encompasses these concerns?

Or, to put that another way - if we think the first Joker has issues in competitive play, should we just ban him and say that Joker II is the Joker for competitive play?
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:32 PM

Depends on the concerns. We definitely do not want any bannings so we will adjust what needs to be adjusted to address the concerns.

Quote:
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Here are some data points to consider.
These are the defensive D20 special powers that relate to moving the figure to avoid a hit:
Carnage, Symbiotic Senses, 13+ (works vs. all attacks)
Catwoman, Stray, 13+ (works vs. all attacks)
Daredevil, Radar Sense, 12+ (works vs. all attacks)
Nightcrawler, Evade, 13+ (works vs. normal att. only)
Spider-Man (Hasbro), Spider Sense, 11+ (works vs. all attacks)
Spider-Man (C3G), Spider Sense, 9+ (works vs. all attacks)
Vemon (Hasbro), Sider Sense, 14+ (works vs. all attacks)
Venom (C3G), Symbiotic Senses, 13+ (works vs. all attacks)

Similar defensive abilities that do not use the D20 but trigger often and result in bonus movement:
Flash & Prof. Zoom, roll a blank (1/6) on base 4 defense (works vs. all attacks)
HQ & Robin, roll a shield (1/4) on base 3 defense (works vs. all attacks)
Kid Flash, roll a blank (1/6) on base 3 defense (works vs. all attacks)
Speedball, roll a shield (1/3) on base 3 defense (works vs. all attacks)

Figures that can improve the D20 roll:
Brainiac 5, +/-1 for each unrevealed OM on his card
Destiny, +1, +3 if Magneto makes him an Outcast
Dr. Fate, +1 per unrevealed OM revealed on his card
Sage, +/-1, clear sight required

I left out Batroc, Puppet Master, and Ragdoll as they were not similar enough to really use as a comparison. Anything else I missed? One thing that I noticed is that Nightcrawler is the only one whose power does not work vs. special attacks. All the other D20 defensive powers work just as long as a skull was rolled for any reason.
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Ravenous Raptor

darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby! darkraptor5413 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Wait just so I am clear you can't design a figure that's already drafted but you can design a 2nd version of a already released figure?
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraptor5413 View Post
Quote:
Wait just so I am clear you can't design a figure that's already drafted but you can design a 2nd version of a already released figure?
Sometimes you can do both.

Quote:
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Woot woot! It's about time someone fixes Nightcrawler. Classic case of overconfident lead designer leading to sub-par results.
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Woot woot! It's about time someone fixes Nightcrawler. Classic case of overconfident lead designer leading to sub-par results.
Since I have you here, any particular reason why you wanted it to only work vs. normal attacks?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy