Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
So we do not clutter up any other threads, we've decided to start this thread. What we want to see here:

If there is a general consensus that a C3G design needs a tweak for competitive play, please post it in this thread.

If you come to a consensus and post at least 6 different army tests by 3 different people, we will take that data and evaluate it in the sanctum. Then we'll get back to you with how we want to go from there. Please post the standard playtest reports in this thread.

When the design is finalized, the card will be updated and a post in that design thread will be made noting the update.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by quozl; May 23rd, 2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
PLAYTESTS:

Designs currently in the Reevaluation process:

none

Designs in initial reevaluation testing:

none

Designs that have completed the process:
Spoiler Alert!

Playtests for underpowered/overcosted designs:
Spoiler Alert!

Note on CRB Endorsements:
Spoiler Alert!

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Ronin; February 3rd, 2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Requests for Reevaluation

Currently accepting playtest reports!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; June 7th, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:19 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Nightcrawler needs to have the d20 roll reduced for Teleport Evade, even if it means raising his cost. It's just part of his character, and the current roll means that it doesn't trigger often enough for it to "feel" right.
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Nightcrawler needs to have the d20 roll reduced for Teleport Evade, even if it means raising his cost. It's just part of his character, and the current roll means that it doesn't trigger often enough for it to "feel" right.
I love the design, but he just doesn't last long enough to see enough play IMO.
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I love the design, but he just doesn't last long enough to see enough play IMO.
3rd this nomination. No need to change anything else about the design, just lower that D20 number down a lot so that he is teleporting around much more frequently and not getting killed off so easily. Then raise his points accordingly.
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Good idea to break this off from the strategy thread.

The other ones I would consider revisiting, aside from Puppet Master:
  • Joker I - the OM rearrangement is just too nasty and frustrating. If it were just one OM it would still be pretty potent.
  • Mastermind - very underpriced for the ability to turn 6 heroes invisible. Should cost at least twice as much.
  • Sage - Basically eliminates all past concepts of OM management. If you limit it to once per round then it's still very powerful, but this breaks up the Sage/Braniac5 combo and makes it less dominant in general.
  • Angel, 5th Prescinct Beat Cops, Alfred Pennyworth - nothing wrong with these guys except that they are underpriced.
  • Magma - reasonably priced in isolation, but her combos with Magneto, et al, are so nasty that I think she needs a price boost of at least 50 points.
  • Bizarro - reasonably priced for his stats, but Villainous Defense seems stronger than Superman's version and that just doesn't jive for me.

After that it starts to drop off a bit. I'd argue for Martian Manhunter, Doctor Light/Metiorite, and Shadowcat next, but none of these are as pressing as the ones I list above. Enchantress might belong here, too, but I need more time to consider her. I've only watched her shred a ridiculous army once, personally.

I have less experience on the flip side. The only figure that I look at and say "I'd never draft that guy" is Penguin, although Ventriloquist, Doomsday, and Impossible Man all seem underpowered to me. I'll probably get an argument on Doomsday.

Last edited by dok; May 27th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

• Joker I - the OM rearrangement is just too nasty and frustrating. If it were just one OM it would still be pretty potent.
  • Mastermind - very underpriced for the ability to turn 6 heroes invisible. Should cost at least twice as much.
  • Sage - Basically eliminates all past concepts of OM management. If you limit it to once per round then it's still very powerful, but this breaks up the Sage/Braniac combo and makes it less dominant in general.
  • Angel, 5th Prescinct Beat Cops, Alfred Pennyworth - nothing wrong with these guys except that they are underpriced.
  • Magma - reasonably priced in isolation, but her combos with Magneto, et al, are so nasty that I think she needs a price boost of at least 50 points.
After that it starts to drop off a bit. I'd argue for Martian Manhunter, Doctor Light/Metiorite, and Shadowcat next, but none of these are as pressing as the ones I list above. Enchantress might belong here, too, but I need more time to consider her. I've only watched her shred a ridiculous army once, personally.

I have less experience on the flip side. The only figure that I look at and say "I'd never draft that guy" is Penguin, although Ventriloquist, Doomsday, and Impossible Man all seem underpowered to me. I'll probably get an argument on Doomsday.
I would add Two-Face to the underpower/overpriced list. I have never had a successful experience with him.

I would add Poison Ivy to the overpowered/underpriced list.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think you need to be careful trying to price every unit based on the effectiveness of their best possible combination of units and powers. To do so would make them unusable in any army outside of that narrow window.
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:44 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I think you need to be careful trying to price every unit based on the effectiveness of their best possible combination of units and powers. To do so would make them unusable in any army outside of that narrow window.
This may just be a distinction in philosophy, but "price based on best combinations" is pretty much a guiding principle in C3V.

It gets fuzzier when the thing that makes a figure perform at its best isn't a combo of figures, but rather a scenario or map. We are generally OK with a figure being really good in its ideal environment as long as it's not out-and-out broken in that environment. The Eilan Sidhe are a good example - they are a very solid "A", maybe even an A+, on a very tree-heavy map, but pretty mediocre outside that.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

• Sage - Basically eliminates all past concepts of OM management. If you limit it to once per round then it's still very powerful, but this breaks up the Sage/Braniac5 combo and makes it less dominant in general.
  • Bizarro - reasonably priced for his stats, but Villainous Defense seems stronger than Superman's version and that just doesn't jive for me.

I disagree about doomsday, his increasing defense, combined with a powerful attack, and an ability to re-spawn makes him very effective in longer battles (1500+). he can also bypass Kryptonian defense, which is another added plus.

I TOTALLY agree with you on the Blinding Light figures (namely Meteorite). She can totally wreck an entire team by herself if that team relys on clear sight (I lost a huge advantage that I had with Purple Man because of her). At least Dr Light can be picked off by snipers, but Meteorite you have to be right next to her, at which point she can use her manipulation power on you and stop you from attacking, it just isn't fair. I don't think she needs a point increase, I think her powers need to be re-evaluated entirely. (I hope I didn't come off to critical)

My second, is Batroc the Leaper, even though he is my favorite figure. His chance for a auto skull (a huge advantage) and a base 5/5 stats, make him a formidible opponent for anyone who doesn't have range. His dodge might have a lot of loopholes, but if he goes against Batman, Bats will lose 4 out of 5 times. I don't think he should be redesigned at all, I love the design, but I think a 20 point increase would be perfect.

Some others, very quickly:

- Wendigo could use a point drop
- Loki could be reduced a tad
- Penguin needs a increase for self importance
- Ventriloquist needs more potent powers
- Iron Man MK3 is too weak compared to the others
- Hawkeye either needs a point drop, or a increase to his powers, he just isnt on the same level as Green Arrow
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I disagree about doomsday, his increasing defense, combined with a powerful attack, and an ability to re-spawn makes him very effective in longer battles (1500+). he can also bypass Kryptonian defense, which is another added plus.
I said I would get an argument.

While Adaptive Resistance is a great power, Evolutionary Regeneration is basically only useful in a stalling game. Any decent team at that point level can do better things with an order marker than knock a wound marker off Doomsday.

Quote:
I TOTALLY agree with you on the Blinding Light figures (namely Meteorite). She can totally wreck an entire team by herself if that team relys on clear sight (I lost a huge advantage that I had with Purple Man because of her). At least Dr Light can be picked off by snipers, but Meteorite you have to be right next to her, at which point she can use her manipulation power on you and stop you from attacking, it just isn't fair. I don't think she needs a point increase, I think her powers need to be re-evaluated entirely. (I hope I didn't come off to critical)
I haven't plated Metiorite, but I've played Doctor Light quite a bit, and I agree that it seems like adding intangibility to the mix with him could be ridiculous. Then she has that OM removal power after you engage her!

Quote:
My second, is Batroc the Leaper, even though he is my favorite figure. His chance for a auto skull (a huge advantage) and a base 5/5 stats, make him a formidible opponent for anyone who doesn't have range. His dodge might have a lot of loopholes, but if he goes against Batman, Bats will lose 4 out of 5 times. I don't think he should be redesigned at all, I love the design, but I think a 20 point increase would be perfect.
You may be right; I'm not sure. He could be underpriced but at the end of the day he's a melee normal attacker who can't be multiple-activated.

The recent standalone figures that strike me as possibly underpriced for their attacking output are Radioactive Man and Crimson Dynamo, but these are also solely pricing issues and I am not confident that I'm right about either of them.

Quote:
Some others, very quickly:

- Wendigo could use a point drop
- Loki could be reduced a tad
- Penguin needs a increase for self importance
- Ventriloquist needs more potent powers
- Iron Man MK3 is too weak compared to the others
- Hawkeye either needs a point drop, or a increase to his powers, he just isnt on the same level as Green Arrow
Wendigo is pretty decent in a Frankenstein build, and Hawkeye can bond with SHIELD agents with Nick Fury's help. So I'm not sure I'd drop them. Agreed on Penguin and Ventriloquist. No real opinion on MK3 but you may be right.

I have a soft spot for Loki and keep trying to use him, but I always come away thinking I could have done better with the points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy