Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 28th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Life Of A C3G Design

I have a few ideas/suggestions regarding the "Release" phase on the first post.

As figures, rule sub-sets, scenarios and maps get C3G finalized, we should move them over to their own thread on Googlewave. I don't think we should then rush to a release once we have 10 pieces. I would prefer we try to group figues as best we can and then vote. For example, 5 heroes and 5 villians; or having 5 squads; or 4 heavy hitter, 4 mid-level, 4 weak and 2 squads; etc. I don't think there should be a defined rule for this, but we should really try to create some sort of synergy within the set. We put a great deal of thought into our DC set and I would like to see some this logic move remain for future sets.
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think the current plan is to release things in a set at all, but to release each individually once it's voted as finalized.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I don't think the current plan is to release things in a set at all, but to release each individually once it's voted as finalized.
That's too bad. I really like the "release" aspect of this project.

EDIT: This confuses me, then.
RELEASE PHASE
Once 10 (or so) approved designs have reached the Release Phase, C3G Heroes may vote to package them into an official C3G "Release," in which case a name for the Release will be designated and a new thread will be created on the C3G forums to display this "Release."
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:09 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, that's out of date, actually. Thanks for pointing that out - it needs to be updated!

Edit: Updated with a better, more current description of what happens at that point in the life of a design.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I think that what we can do Balantai, is release Scenarios and campaigns that will show case figures that are finalized. Then we can relive this experience again in that way.

That's a great idea Griff. It makes sense to get more units out first and have more units to build the scenarios and campaigns around. I think once we go ala carte, we'll be able to get many more good units out to build around.

I love the idea of getting the passed units out once they've gone through the process and stamped. I would hate to wait, as I'm sure much of the community would, 4+ months for a release of 10 units. We've been starving for more heroes and villains since the Marvel set came out, we don't need to dangle the carrot any longer than necessary. Getting them out there sooner will allow for those that introduce good units and put hard work in the project will get the opportunity to introduce another unit when theirs passes.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

I don't really like this "Release" process and would like to fight to get it changed.

1. I understand why the process was initially changed and I completely agree with why it was done. It is completely unfair on Hahma, Griffin and yourself to playtest figures you have no interest in. On the other hand, I don't think this change to the release has any effect on that logic.

2. If including an official release meant a bunch of extra work for GreyOwl, I would be against having an official release. But I don't think that will be the case either. Everything should be pretty much finalized anyway through the actual creation process.

3. If we don't have official releases, this project will be most likely become invisible to the typical Heroscaper. The main reason we got so much attention this time around was because of the front page access. Now I don't expect to receive front page similar to what we just had ever again. For this reason, we will need word of mouth to generate excitement and I don't think it will exist if we release figures one at a time with no particular timeframe.

4. Having the release is fun! Having these polls with imput from the community is a blast. Everyone is having a great time.
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:53 PM

So how are you imagining the "release" taking place in a way that would generate excitement?

Old January 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I don't really like this "Release" process and would like to fight to get it changed.

1. I understand why the process was initially changed and I completely agree with why it was done. It is completely unfair on Hahma, Griffin and yourself to playtest figures you have no interest in. On the other hand, I don't think this change to the release has any effect on that logic.

2. If including an official release meant a bunch of extra work for GreyOwl, I would be against having an official release. But I don't think that will be the case either. Everything should be pretty much finalized anyway through the actual creation process.

3. If we don't have official releases, this project will be most likely become invisible to the typical Heroscaper. The main reason we got so much attention this time around was because of the front page access. Now I don't expect to receive front page similar to what we just had ever again. For this reason, we will need word of mouth to generate excitement and I don't think it will exist if we release figures one at a time with no particular timeframe.

4. Having the release is fun! Having these polls with imput from the community is a blast. Everyone is having a great time.
I am starting to see Balantai's side here.
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I would hate to wait, as I'm sure much of the community would, 4+ months for a release of 10 units. We've been starving for more heroes and villains since the Marvel set came out, we don't need to dangle the carrot any longer than necessary. Getting them out there sooner will allow for those that introduce good units and put hard work in the project will get the opportunity to introduce another unit when theirs passes.
I don't think this will be an issue. It won't take us 4 months to get 10 units finalized. Also, when a unit passes, the creator can still immediately begin work on another figure. There should be no limitation to the number of figures you introduced being in a release. If I go on hiatus and Bats creates and finalizes 3 figures, it's feasible that all three would end up in the release. Besides, these aren't our figures, they're C3G figures.
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I think that what we can do Balantai, is release Scenarios and campaigns that will show case figures that are finalized. Then we can relive this experience again in that way.
This is a fantastic idea, Griff, but I feel like we should do both.
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
So how are you imagining the "release" taking place in a way that would generate excitement?
Create a thread with the release date on it. We can put the release date in our signatures. We can ask Truth to just add a blurb to the front page about our new release. There are lots of possiblities.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Create a thread with the release date on it. We can put the release date in our signatures. We can ask Truth to just add a blurb to the front page about our new release. There are lots of possiblities.
So a new thread that we'd use for about a week each time we release 10 or so designs? Doesn't seem like a very economical use of forum space ... I'd almost rather just change the name of the release thread for each of these "releases" and put some actual pictures up in it during that release time instead of just the links to catch people's eyes.
And then change the name of my link in my sig instead of linking a whole different thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy