Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 11th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

I mean, they keep trying to advertise on this site.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 12th, 2019, 07:03 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I don't understand why you need to draft Deadeye Dan into you army just to use his SA though.
Finally, a once per game ability that requires Deadeye Dan to be in your army. I’ve never had the guts to straight out say it but we all know it’s been on our bucket list for years.
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Good news on the Bionicle front: got some 3-D printed minis and they look great! I'm gonna put a little pitch together for the Heroes to see if they're cool with the property and the use of 3-D printed minis.

I dropped a pic on the Discord, but the pictures my phone takes are too big to upload to HSers, so I'll put some pictures up here when I get home later.
Old August 13th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay - that sounds awesome! I'd definitely be up for that.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 13th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Couple pictures with the Bionicle minis for an idea of scale. They'll need a coat of paint, but they have pretty simple color schemes.
Old August 27th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = ZENYATTA
SECRET IDENTITY = TERKHARTHA ZENYATTA

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ASCETIC
PERSONALITY = PACIFISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = ???

YIN AND YANG
Start the game with a black Harmony Marker and a white Discord Marker on this card. After moving and before attacking with Zenyatta, you may place either the Harmony Marker or Discord Marker on the army Card of any Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of Zenyatta. If the Harmony Marker or Discord Marker is on another figure’s card, and that figure is not within clear sight of Zenyatta, place that marker on this card. At the end of the round, if the Harmony Marker or Discord Marker is on another figure’s card, place that marker on this card.

ORB OF HARMONY
While the Harmony Marker is on another figure’s card, after a player reveals an Order Marker on that figure’s card and takes a turn with that figure, remove a wound marker from that figure’s Army Card.

ORB OF DISCORD
While the Discord Marker is on another figure’s card, whenever that figure receives a wound, it receives 1 additional wound.

LEVITATION
Zenyatta is considered to have height advantage over any figure without the Aerial Advantage, Flying, or Levitation special power whose base is no more than 2 levels above his base. Zenyatta does not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles he moves onto or occupies.
Another Overwatch character, and one I think has a lot of potential for fun mechanics. Buffs and Nerfs are a fun mechanic in video games, but they've never really made the transfer over to C3G Heroscape. He's a lot like Dhalsim, but a robot.
Old August 28th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I would cut the clear sight stuff in Yin and Yang. I like it a lot for theme, but there's a lot of text and it's the most finnicky bit of the powers. (I would also rename it, since that's the wrong religion, but it's not like Blizzard is paying much attention to that sort of thing either. )

Also, "Tekhartha" is an honorific, so he wouldn't have a secret identity.

Looks really cool though! I agree that he adapts to C3G really easily, but I think he'd add a lot.
Old August 28th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Johnny coming in with the cultural education!

I know Yin and Yang is a Chinese thing...but it’s literally the symbol they use in-game. (The Taiji, I believe it’s called?) Does it have any application at all in Buddhism, or is that just Blizzard slapping “foreign” religions/philosophies together? Either way, I think you’re right that a rename is best.
Old August 28th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, they're completely incompatible concepts. Yin-yang dualism is part of taoism and is like... the world ia divided into conflicting yet complementary forces (good/evil, hot/cold, male/female). Buddhism sort of hinges on dependent origination and the idea that everything is ultimately the same, and we all boil down to energy that passes through the universe endlessly. I'm rusty but that's the general idea...

I'd say it's just an orientalist mashup but honestly, China is kind of "whatever" with religions so you see a lot of that over there too.
Old August 28th, 2019, 09:49 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, they're completely incompatible concepts. Yin-yang dualism is part of taoism and is like... the world ia divided into conflicting yet complementary forces (good/evil, hot/cold, male/female). Buddhism sort of hinges on dependent origination and the idea that everything is ultimately the same, and we all boil down to energy that passes through the universe endlessly. I'm rusty but that's the general idea...

I'd say it's just an orientalist mashup but honestly, China is kind of "whatever" with religions so you see a lot of that over there too.
I'm fairly sure there are varieties of Paganism that allow for both concepts (essentially, that everything comes from the same energy within the universe, but there are such 'competing yet complimentary forces' in the way that energy is manifested, i.e. masculine/feminine etc.). That's sort of where I am, with less of an emphasis on the latter. (Modern day Paganism tends to take a lot of ideas from a lot of different places rather than emphasising a monolithic 'truth'.)

But yeah, seems like someone at Blizzard decided it looked 'foreign enough' and flung it on without thought. Pisses me off when people do that.
I'll take a look at the design later.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 28th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Just A Head

Yeah I studied Taoism a bit a few years back, but I’m honestly not well educated on Buddhism outside of the basics. Didn’t know if Yin and Yang had ever been incorporated in some weird way.

This would probably be a weird point where we might have to choose between accuracy to source material and cultural sensitivity, and honestly that’s not a discussion I’m jumping to have.
Old August 28th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Oh yeah, I'm sure there are ways to combine the two, and people probably do. Like, there are some types of Buddhism that have a heaven (like Pure Land Buddhism) or worship the Buddha - religions from Asia, in the general population, tend to be a lot less doctrinal than Abrahamic types.

And Taoism and Buddhism share a lot of common ground (athetistic, "we're all just energy" type stuff), so there's easy overlap there. But you're definitely not going to find a Tibetan monk putting yin-yang symbols on stuff, even if he is a robot from the future.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy