Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM

3hex Woo who?
Post 3Hex's Customs. Wooo.

MASSIVE HUGENESS UPDATE. My brains been pouring out ideas, helped by my brothers.

Some comments?

If anybody wants a blank card outline for making their own custom cards, just ask!

Card Images
Spoiler Alert!

New rules/Glyphs
Spoiler Alert!

Classic Heroscape
Spoiler Alert!

Video Game Figs
Spoiler Alert!

Cartoons
Ben 10
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by 3hex; February 23rd, 2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: More stuff
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:58 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: 3Hex's Customs. Wooo.

If I may offer some suggestions on wording of Ben Tennyson:
Ultimatrix: Try "Instead of taking a turn with Ben Tennyson, you may remove him from the field and replace him with another Ben Tennyson that you control." Alternately, you can change that to "antoher unique Alien hero that you control who (normally I would say "follows Vydar" or whatever, but you can try replacing the General part of the card with Ben.)"

Another idea could be based on this, which I used for a Halo custom that I need figures for:
Quote:
METAMORPHOSIS
At the beginning of each round before order markers are placed, you may replace any unengaged Stalker Form you control with any other Pure Form Flood figure that you control, or one of your own previously destroyed Pure Form Flood figures.
If you do not want your Aliens to start the game on the field, the card needs to say so. Take a look at the Rechets of Bogdan for reference. As well, "Alien Hero" is not a type of unit- that needs to be Unique, Uncommon, or Common Hero.

I definitely like where you're going with these units, and I'd love to see some more detailed cards!

Afterthought: Try this and this

Last edited by DeathDoom; January 8th, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:25 PM

3hex Woo who?

Yes, those would be nice.

However...

I (DON'T LAUGH, ANY OF YOU!) am still using Windows 95.
(hangs head in shame)
I have to pretty much get by in MS Paint.
There are some programs that would work with W95, though.

However...

I (DON'T LAUGH, ANY OF YOU!) am still using Windows 95.
On a computer with no Internet. Oh, the shame...

As to your suggestions, yeah, it would be better to use Unq., Unc., or Com. Hero. But that would mean four to five special powers for some of these cards. It was easier to try and build it into the card, albeit by using unrecognized Traits. (See the New Rules spoiler.)
(AFTER POST NOTE-Actually, I could build it into the ULTIMATRIX TRANSFORMATION, couldn't I?)
I'll fix those problems and get on with it.

What did you mean by "more detailed" by the way? I didn't put pics of a figure because...well, I just didn't want to go looking for a B10 micro figure pic. Lazy. Or was it something else?

Marro Drones FTW!
My favorite squad(s)...

Last edited by 3hex; January 9th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old January 10th, 2012, 05:48 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I was just commenting on how detailed the units are. Sorry for any confusion.

On the Hero issue, you may need to alter that simply because there are no rules for "Alien Heroes." How many can you draft? Can you control the one that your opponent does? Can you take control of your opponent's? Can they pick up treasure glyphs? What does Braxas roll against them?

As well, if the Aliens are a species, you could just say "Unique Alien Hero that you control," a precedent set by most of the bonding units in the game. I'd look at the Minions, Knights, and Greenscales for reference. This would remove the need for part of the Special Rules section.

But I really do like the customs, I swear!
Old January 13th, 2012, 10:03 AM

3hex Woo who?

Ah, i see now. Thanks!

And I'm doing some heavy thinking on whether I should just change it to Unique Hero, or leave it as is. It makes sense to stick with the Com/Uncom/Uniq format, but...we'll see.

By the way, any comments on Samus Aran? I kinda feel like there might be too much there.

Marro Drones FTW!
My favorite squad(s)...
Old January 13th, 2012, 02:06 PM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

I like the idea. I have only seen like 1 1/2 episodes of Ben Ten, but the concept was kind of cool. You see any Secret Saturadays? There's a Big Lots near here that has some of those figures hanging around. I've never seen it but some of the characters were intriguing.

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.
Old January 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM

I was going to get to that, but got distracted. This is how I would modify Samus:
Quote:
Samus Aran
Human
Unique Hero
Hunter
Resourceful
3 L
5 M
4 R
3 A
3 D
Medium 5
250 P This bothers me. Jotun is 225, and he's a bit more of a niche figure. This cost goes into Marvelscape ranges, though if she's priced right this could work.
Powers
Energy Tank 2
Every time Samus flips a symbol side up glyph to power side up, add
2 to Samus' total Life.
How about "When Samus reveals a symbol-side up non-treasure glyph, instead of resolving the glyph's effect, you may place that glyph on this card. Add 1 to Samus's life for each Glyph on this card?" This provides some tactical immunities to glyphs like Proftaka and can keep your enemy from grabbing glyphs, but you also lose the glyph that you may have just fought hard to get to.
Suit Equipment
Before moving After revealing an order marker on this card you may choose and activate one of the following effects for the duration of Samus's turn.:
-Samus receives no wounds for the duration of her turn and is not destroyed from non-figure effects.
-While moving, Samus may ignore elevations, and pass over tilesobstacles such as ruins and glyphs without stopping.
-When moving, add 5 to Samus' Move. Samus may not climb move up levels of terrain.
-If Samus does not move this turn, add 2 to Samus's Attack.
-Attacked figures roll the 20 sided die. If 17 or higher is rolled,
remove any order markers from that figure's Army Card.
This one is a bit awkward. Try "After attacking an opponent's figure with Samus, roll the 20-sided die. If the result is a 17 or higher, you may remove all order markers from the attacked figure's army card."
-Samus does not need a clear line of sight to attack. AnyAll figures in Samus' line of sight up to the attacked figure are also affected by Samus's attack. also roll defense dice. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.
-When Samus attacks, all figures adjacent to the attacked figure also roll defense dice. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. Samus can/cannot be affected by her own attack.
-Add 4 to Samus' Attack. Samus receives one wound.
-If Samus attacks an adjacent figure, roll 6 extra attack dice. Broken.
She could probably use a defense modifier instead of so many attacking powers, though. This card is fairly crowded. I would suggest removing at least two effects.
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:54 AM

3hex Woo who?

Yeah, those seem better. I may keep 1 of them the way it was, but I'll have to look at it again.

As for the crowding, yes I thought that too. I was trying to represent each of her suit's different powers. I've already thought of a couple that can go.

On a similar note, there aren't really any defensive powers, beyond the first, because there aren't many defensive powers in the game (Super Metroid for SNES).

Thanks for the insights!

Marro Drones FTW!
My favorite squad(s)...
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:17 PM

3hex Woo who?

Some new stuff I came up with. Comments would be appreciated!

I like Totsumeta, personally.
I had a different idea for the Mutates, but they ended up as is. Now if only I could actually MAKE these figures...

Marro Drones FTW!
My favorite squad(s)...
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:44 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For personality, I think you want Valiant. Every other samurai is Disciplined, but I can see wanting to go somewhere else with this guy.

I'm pretty sure Dance of the Dragon Sword is insanely overpowered well into the 200 point range.
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM

3hex Woo who?

Not really. Most of the time, your opponent doesn't have a bunch of figures spaced one apart. And it doesn't allow you to attack the same figure twice a turn...

Marro Drones FTW!
My favorite squad(s)...
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM

3hex Woo who?

Okay. Fixed wording on TK, and subtracted 10 points. I playtested him (Sort of) and in 4 games, 180-250 point armies,
and he died every time. I may have messed up the testing though.

Massive hugeness update. I wonder if any one is actually seeing these. Wish I was garnering more comments.

Marro Drones FTW!
My favorite squad(s)...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards