Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 7th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Kurrok the Elementalist Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Maybe I just forgot from the original teaser, but did we know he could bring a destroyed elemental back to life?
Yes, the powers are verbatim from the original teaser.

The stats (5L, 5M, 1R, 3A, 3D) also match the consensus exactly, although there was a bit of debate on 6L, 5R, 4D, and 4A.

The big surprise in 120 points in stead of 150. Adding one more elemental to the elemental builds is significant. I've been testing with these exact stats at 150 points, and there have been a lot of times towards the end of a battle where I've thought "damn, if I had just one more elemental..."
Its going to make my Kurrok + Fire Elementals look funny at 500 points when I have to through in one Water or Air elemental.

Last edited by A_Train; July 7th, 2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: 10 Fire Elementals? Yes, I have.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:42 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

It's too bad he can't attempt to summon an elemental and take turns with them on the same turn. I wouldn't expect that with his current stats and point-cost, but I can see him having been designed in such a way as to allow that.

I haven't played him yet, but I doubt summoning will play a factor until very late in the game, assuming that Kurrok is one of your last figures alive.

Last edited by rouby44; July 7th, 2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: grammar :(
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:44 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Last edited by A_Train : Today at 09:20 AM. Reason: 10 Fire Elementals? Yes, I have.
I'm a bit embarrassed, but I do too now. I just ordered 6 of the dnd fire elemental mini.
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think Summoning Elementals is like Marro Water Clone; if you're doing it alot, it probably means you've already lost.

Quote:
I'm a bit embarrassed, but I do too now. I just ordered 6 of the dnd fire elemental mini.
Nothing to be embarrassed of, we are not alone I'm sure. Plus, your army will look varied with the DnD units in there.

Last edited by A_Train; July 7th, 2010 at 01:19 PM.
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Tidal Wave

Kurrok - 120
Water Elemental x13 - 510, 14 hexes

90 - Water Elemental x3
110 - Fire Elemental x3
130 - Water Elemental x3, Fire Elemental

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:49 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Am I the only one thinking Air + Fire is going to be hard on knights?
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

For those of you who have play tested this, how do you keep Kurrok from getting assassinated? He has to stay pretty close to the action, but seems like he would get owned by a couple order markers worth of attacks from 4th/10th/stingers.
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Battle Reporter

I haven't play tested it, but 8 is a pretty good distance. You'd likely only have to move him once to get all of your elementals into play, and remember, so long as you activate a fire elemental, even ones that have moved out of Kurrok's range will get to roll for their Searing Intensity damage.
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dang, it's too bad that the bonding power only works on small and medium figures, otherwise you could use the GIE to create an ice bridge with one of the three, and allow 2 FE cross over...drat.

This guy is awesome and competitive, but considering I have no elemantals (or D1, for that matter) I don't think I'll buy him.
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:06 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post
For those of you who have play tested this, how do you keep Kurrok from getting assassinated? He has to stay pretty close to the action, but seems like he would get owned by a couple order markers worth of attacks from 4th/10th/stingers.
8 hexes plus the range of the figure being activated is a long way. With water elementals, they have a ranged attack, and with fire (and air, I suppose) you often don't care to activate again after you've moved them into adjacency. So the effective range of Kurrok stretches across most of the map.

I've found I am usually more limited by LoS blockers than by the range of 8. It's not hard to keep him away from the action. Cyprien/PKs can be an issue, but regular old ranged figures usually have to contend with the elementals first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
It's too bad he can't attempt to summon an elemental and take turns with them on the same turn. I wouldn't expect that with his current stats and point-cost, but I can see him having been designed in such a way as to allow that.

I haven't played him yet, but I doubt summoning will play a factor until very late in the game, assuming that Kurrok is one of your last figures alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
I think Summoning Elementals is like Marro Water Clone; if you're doing it alot, it probably means you've already lost.
I've found a reasonable strategy can be to save your "put Kurrok on a perch" move until mid-game. So I sometimes fit in one summoning roll early on. Aside from that, though... yeah, it's basically an endgame play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Tidal Wave

Kurrok - 120
Water Elemental x13 - 510, 14 hexes

90 - Water Elemental x3
110 - Fire Elemental x3
130 - Water Elemental x3, Fire Elemental
Don't you want either some deathreavers or some air elementals there? Otherwise melee armies seem like they could just overwhelm you with numbers.
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have not playtested him so this is just theoryscape, but I would think if you put a few air elementals exactly 8 spaces out from where Kurrok is, not too many ranged attackers would be able to reach him before dealing with them first. Put a row of water elementals behind the air elemental screen and you can strike out with range from behind the screen.
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Am I the only one thinking Air + Fire is going to be hard on knights?
Yes. With Sir Gilbert's help, Knights will usually close right in on the Air Elementals.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units