Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old July 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM

piratepwnsninja has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by theats
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepwnsninja
I'm new to the game. Just started it over the weekend, teaching my six year old son the basic rules. I've technically had the game since it came out at Gencon years ago, but never played until now.

Went on a spending binge, bought a new 2nd edition Master Set, 2 castle sets, two forest bridge sets, the ice tiles set, the lava tiles set, all the big character expansions, and all of wave 5 and 6. Heh. Oh, and I ordered a flag bearer from TRU.com and preordered the Marvel set. I really wish I had gotten into the game sooner than now, but I really see the wife, son and I having a lot of fun with it.

We are in Cary, NC near the Cary/Apex border. There is a game store called All Fun & Games that was over on Waverly Place in Cary but recently moved to Apex. They are about 5 minutes from me.
were you affected by that apex chemical fire last year?

also, I believe a new thread for all ACTIVE northcarolinin players might be useful.
We actually moved into the area in November of last year, so we were not affected by it. We were out in California before that for my first job as a game designer. I work at Red Storm now as a designer working on Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and the like.

Yes, swinging a rubber chicken with a metal pully in the middle can be dangerous....
BUT IT'S NOT A SWORD!!!!!!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 02:00 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Quote:
We actually moved into the area in November of last year, so we were not affected by it. We were out in California before that for my first job as a game designer. I work at Red Storm now as a designer working on Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and the like.

cool. By chance would you have a spare copy of the game "Dominant Species"? Years ago, I picked it up at Goodwill and couldn't beat the first level. A few years later I picked it up, My video Game skills increased, and I was dismayed to find that it was unreadable. It looked really cool, you had monsters that evolved, and you killed the invading humans.

Theophilus.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:02 AM

reluctant has disabled reputation
Quote:
I'm new to the game. Just started it over the weekend, teaching my six year old son the basic rules. I've technically had the game since it came out at Gencon years ago, but never played until now.

Went on a spending binge, bought a new 2nd edition Master Set, 2 castle sets, two forest bridge sets, the ice tiles set, the lava tiles set, all the big character expansions, and all of wave 5 and 6. Heh. Oh, and I ordered a flag bearer from TRU.com and preordered the Marvel set. I really wish I had gotten into the game sooner than now, but I really see the wife, son and I having a lot of fun with it.

We are in Cary, NC near the Cary/Apex border. There is a game store called All Fun & Games that was over on Waverly Place in Cary but recently moved to Apex. They are about 5 minutes from me.
Hi there, I'm also relatively new... just been playing for 2 weeks or so, though I don't have nearly the set count you have. I know where that store is (though I've never been inside), and would be more than happy to meet up for a casual game there sometime.

reluctant
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:11 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctant

Hi there, I'm also relatively new... just been playing for 2 weeks or so, though I don't have nearly the set count you have. I know where that store is (though I've never been inside), and would be more than happy to meet up for a casual game there sometime.

reluctant
My sons and I played there once and enjoyed it. The store has Star Wars minis and Warhammer stuff going on all the time, but no other HeroScape players that I have seen. They do have a few Wave 5 sets for sale there, but that's all as far as HS goes.

Mondays and Tuesdays are "miniature game nights" according to their calendar. We should try to set a night and see if we can get something going...

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:37 PM

reluctant has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron
Mondays and Tuesdays are "miniature game nights" according to their calendar. We should try to set a night and see if we can get something going...
Tuesdays are typically tough for me since I have reoccurring plans that night. Mondays are usually free. It'd be good to know a fews days in advance though so I could clear it with the wife.

reluctant
Old July 4th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, piratepwnsninja!

On behalf of our ownership driven and piratical community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, who secretly thinks that ninjapwnspirate

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:32 PM

piratepwnsninja has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron
Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctant

reluctant
My sons and I played there once and enjoyed it. The store has Star Wars minis and Warhammer stuff going on all the time, but no other HeroScape players that I have seen. They do have a few Wave 5 sets for sale there, but that's all as far as HS goes.

I'm in an Earthdawn game at work on Tuesday nights, but Monday nights are generally open. Dunno if every week is doable, but every two weeks or a monthly get together or whatnot would work.

Yes, swinging a rubber chicken with a metal pully in the middle can be dangerous....
BUT IT'S NOT A SWORD!!!!!!
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
I'm in Greensboro and there's a group of us that play, we're all around 30ish. You should get in on our next NC SHASS tourney which will probably be in January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrayne1
In the same group that noodles plays in .. Greensboro area as well
I think Im in the same group, but Im the step-child? LOL
Kernersville/W-S

As for the NC SHASS, I think XRayne69 wants to do it prior.
Old July 5th, 2007, 06:23 PM

XSI Addict 32 has disabled reputation
I'm 13, and live in Concord.

Seeking a great place to Role Play?
Look no further, the haven for great RP is here:
The Menagerie
Old July 5th, 2007, 07:07 PM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
im xsi's buddy, we are good friends/ fiends

Old July 24th, 2007, 02:19 PM

Superman has disabled reputation
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums and live in Raleigh. My girlfriend and I play this game all the time. We are 26. As many of you know playing and collecting this game becomes an addiction. However we can never find anyone to play with other than my roomate. All fun and games in Cary is cool, but I hardly ever see anyone who plays heroscape. There is also a coffe shop on hillsborough street that says they play on Sunday, but we've never gone. If there is anyone out there that knows of places or when items are being released, let me know
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:56 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums and live in Raleigh. My girlfriend and I play this game all the time. We are 26. As many of you know playing and collecting this game becomes an addiction. However we can never find anyone to play with other than my roomate. All fun and games in Cary is cool, but I hardly ever see anyone who plays heroscape. There is also a coffe shop on hillsborough street that says they play on Sunday, but we've never gone. If there is anyone out there that knows of places or when items are being released, let me know
Welcome! Seems like there have been a lot of new players/posters in the area lately.

Momentum is building, I can feel it.

Mon & Tues nights are miniatures nights at All Fun & Games in Cary. I have been thinking about setting up an every-other-week or once-a-month game time there.

I know they have SWM & DDM leagues on one of those nights, so us HS-ers would probably want to take the other night.

I just found 2 of the Wave 7 boosters there the other day.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers