Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 25th, 2008, 07:49 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Otonashi

The Book of Otonashi
Defenders of Kinsland - Collection 8 - "Heroes of the Molten Sea"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio - Her breath is slow and hot behind her black cloth mask. Her wild eyes stare out from shadows, watching, and waiting. Every waking hour of the last three years has been spent preparing for this moment.

It was three years ago to the day that Otonashi watched, helpless, as her young husband was slain at the hands of the ronin samurai called Demonblade.
She has tracked the ronin to this small town and has watched him visit the same gambling den every night for three nights.

She watches as he stumbles out into the street, swaying in a drunken swagger. She watches as the crowd passes about him. She waits, and her window opens. In an instant she is upon him, using the sound and movement of the crowd to mask her approach.

She brings down her sword in one hate-filled, vengeance-seeking, stroke. But the stroke finds no flesh. Instead it rings out in a loud metallic cry. Demonblade has drawn his sword and blocked her strike. She has failed in her life's only remaining purpose and now the samurai will end her life in failure. However, before the deadly blow can be struck, Otonashi vanishes.

Now the self-trained assassin serves Vydar, with his vow that he will obtain the power to send her back to a time where she can prevent the death of her beloved, rather than just avenge it.
(Hasbro)

(Images courtesy of truth)
No, Tricky Speed 4 does NOT stack. (Link)

Synergy Benefits Recieved
TRICKY SPEED 4 : Tricky Personality Units
* Shiori
* Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
* Arkmer
* Emirroon
* Morsbane
* Sonlen
* Ulginesh
* Warriors of Ashra
* Deathreavers
* Deathwalker 7000
* Kee-Mo-Shi
* Ne-Gok-Sa
* Su-Bak-Na
* Tornak
* Warden 816
* Agent Carr
* Dünd
* Gorillinators
* Krav Maga Agents
* Microcorp Agents
* Nakita Agents
* Agent Skahen
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Attack the Wild 2
ATTACK THE WILD 2 works only against figures with a Wild personality. The following figures are Wild:
* Fyorlag Spiders
* Guilty McCreech
* Valguard
* Dzu-Teh
* MacDirk Warriors
* Tarn Viking Warriors
* Jotun
* Arrow Gruts
* Blade Gruts
* Deathstalkers
* Heavy Gruts
* Marrden Hounds
* Marro Dividers
* Marro Drones
* Marro Drudge
* Marro Stingers
* Marro Warriors
* Me-Burq-Sa
* Ornak
* Swog Rider
* Braxas
* Sudema

First Impressions
Army Ideas

Power Ranking and Master Index

B+

Unit Strategy Review

- TBA

Last edited by R˙chean; April 13th, 2015 at 10:28 PM. Reason: vc synergy added
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Otonashi

This girl really brings a lot to the game. Abilities that reward careful maneuvering plus make personality types more meaningful is great. While some may prefer a more durable ninja hero, I find Otonashi's status as point filler for Vydar invaluable. Due to her only really good offensive ability being versus wild units, I expect she'll be most common as a counterdraft against wild armies. But with such potentially huge movement, she also makes an excellent glyph snagger, like the robot ratties, and will shine in scenarios that depend on capturing points on a map. Even her pose is neat... it's very dynamic and threatening, suitable for a unit that charges a ridiculous number of spaces to attack.
One of my favorite new units, by far.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:05 PM

Hilo-scaper is surprisingly tart

I posted this as a new thread in the FAQs, but I thought I would add this here also since someone told me that this is where the topic belongs.
The original question was "Does Otonashi's Tricky Speed ability stack?" In other words, does she get an additional 4 move for each tricky figure that she begins her turn adjacent to? The card is a little ambiguous about this, but the consensus on this site (from loyal and insightful Heroscape players and fans) is that it does not stack. The discussion led to the "conclusion" that the word any in the Tricky Speed ability is meant to say that she can move an additional 4 spaces no matter how many tricky figures she begins adjacent to.
I am still unconvinced either way, but I will trust the experts until a higher expert tells me otherwise.
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Back on to the unit, I feel that Otonashi really has nothing over Isamu. At least with Isamu you can pull off some ridiculous win. Otonashi doesn't even get Vanish/Dissapearing Ninja, which means that she's pretty poor againt most other clean up units. I really see nothing that can allow you to make a comeback with Otonashi. Even if you send her as a first strike, I think that would be better used with an order marker on other early game units. Of course, I still need to play extensively with her, but that's my initial impression. It may change when I play with her more. Plus, you can't deny the awesomeness of being unable to hit a ponytail.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:29 AM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilo-scaper View Post
I posted this as a new thread in the FAQs, but I thought I would add this here also since someone told me that this is where the topic belongs.
The original question was "Does Otonashi's Tricky Speed ability stack?" In other words, does she get an additional 4 move for each tricky figure that she begins her turn adjacent to? The card is a little ambiguous about this, but the consensus on this site (from loyal and insightful Heroscape players and fans) is that it does not stack. The discussion led to the "conclusion" that the word any in the Tricky Speed ability is meant to say that she can move an additional 4 spaces no matter how many tricky figures she begins adjacent to.
I am still unconvinced either way, but I will trust the experts until a higher expert tells me otherwise.
It does not stack. You get 4 additional spaces no matter how many tricky figures she begins adjacent to, due to the word "any," as you have stated that the discussion concluded. It is obvious that if they meant to have her move an additional 4 move for each tricky figure that she begins adjacent to, then the word "each" would have been used instead of any. Sir Dupuis' text uses "each" for number of knights to add to his attack which can increase more than one, while the Marrden Hounds use "any" because having multiple Marrden Hounds does not allow you to roll the Marro Plague multiple times for the same figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Back on to the unit, I feel that Otonashi really has nothing over Isamu. At least with Isamu you can pull off some ridiculous win. Otonashi doesn't even get Vanish/Dissapearing Ninja, which means that she's pretty poor againt most other clean up units. I really see nothing that can allow you to make a comeback with Otonashi. Even if you send her as a first strike, I think that would be better used with an order marker on other early game units. Of course, I still need to play extensively with her, but that's my initial impression. It may change when I play with her more. Plus, you can't deny the awesomeness of being unable to hit a ponytail.
I agree with you, but I will play devil's advocate here and say that I see Otonashi as a sneaky mid-game order marker use, when your opponent has a pretty valuable WILD personality unit within 10 spaces of where Otonashi started in your starting zone. Then you get one strike of 4 attack and an engagement on that wild unit for one (sneaky and unexpected if you had been using the X on her all game) order marker and 10 points... Well worth it to me!
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:00 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you have 10 points left in your draft and Isamu's not available, she's totally worth it.
Old June 27th, 2008, 05:12 PM

phantomclone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
If you have 10 points left in your draft and Isamu's not available, she's totally worth it.
LOL, I purposely choose Oto over Isamu simply because she is new and I haven't had her around as long as Isamu! Isamu still has that secret-ninja spot in my heart though, no doubts there!

Never smell what you can hear????
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Marro Stingers are Wild.

Anyone else notice that, according to her bio, Demonblade is tricky and Otonashi has "wild" eyes?

Last edited by spiteofthedice; July 2nd, 2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:25 AM

Su_Nan Woo who?

Of course Otonashi doesn't got anything over Isamu. She tried one sneak attack after years of training and she failed. Besides, Isamu almost killed Agent Carr with a candy bar.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:35 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilo-scaper View Post

Still unconvinced? So you think she was desgined to be able to move up to 30 hexes in one turn for 10 pts.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM

risus_vir is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Well, my two cents is that she's perfect for taking down someone like Guilty, who, for 30 points, can really pack a wallop in my games.
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:36 AM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart

I think she would be a good end gamer in your start zone, obviously next to someone tricky. So as soon as all of your other units die, there's a good chance with her 10 movement to get a 2, maybe 3-die first swing at whatever is left of your opponents forces.

Sort of like an end-game magic missile if you will. Can we get some testimony from people that have played with her?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units