Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old December 23rd, 2015, 11:59 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: HoME Brainstorming Thread

We could give him the "Ringbearer" ability. That could start him with the ring, and give him a additional 1 on the 20 die to counteract it. I think that should cover that part. I know he has the blade Sting, Which is a goblin/orc killing blade, so something to say that he can start with that treasure glyph. I'd say give him an ability that helps him press on.(Of course sam helps there too.) Other than that, not too sure what else I'd give him.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 23rd, 2015, 06:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't think we want to specify that any characters start with any given treasure glyphs. I think we should leave that kind of specification to scenario parameters.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 28th, 2015, 10:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

This is not the post you are looking for.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; January 19th, 2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old December 28th, 2015, 10:45 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Those are some cool ideas, TREX. We'll have to pull them back out when we get to Legolas.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:42 AM

I thought I would go ahead and kick this thread back off. I have some old drafts from back in the day that I never shared. Here they are.

Legolas v1
Spoiler Alert!

Gimli v1
Spoiler Alert!

Legolas v2
Spoiler Alert!

Gimli v2
Spoiler Alert!

To be honest I think I like the v1 versions much better than the v2 ones. I think the v2 ones are too complex. But they're worth considering depending on how the polls turn out.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:47 AM

I've been thinking about different approaches for Gandalf as well. This is brainstorming, so in here all ideas are on the table. I've been pondering powers themed around his wisdom, and his pity/mercy/love of small creatures.

This one seems thematic and fitting for both a "The Hobbit" Gandalf and a FotR Gandalf the Gray

STEWARD OF THE SMALL
Small figures adjacent to Gandalf may roll 1 additional attack die when attacking an adjacent figure.

You could push it out to be an aura.

I also thought about a "wisdom" power where he makes opponents change one Order Marker every round. The problem is I'm not sure how often he actually foiled the Enemy's plans in FotR. It seems they tended to foil his. BUT this power would sometimes work to the other player's advantage, so maybe that's okay? We could call it "THE WISDOM AND FOLLY OF GANDALF."

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:53 AM

Most of my ideas for Boromir unfortunately would not work well with him as a Human Champion, in my opinion. We would have to balance him for the Knights of Weston and he would be overpriced without them.

Anyhow, here are my ideas.

ONE SHIELD DEFENSE
(see Crixus's card for text)

COMBAT CHALLENGE
(see Tandros Kreel's card for text)

You could use just these two powers and have a pretty thematic Boromir in my opinion.

I've also been playing with a HORN OF GONDOR power, but I'm wondering if it would be better as a scenario effect. Anyhow, here are the two versions I've come up with

HORN OF GONDOR
After Boromir receives one or more wounds from an opponent's figure, each player may move up to 2 figures up to 4 spaces each. Each figure moved with the Horn of Gondor must be able to move within 5 clear sight spaces of Boromir.

This would be very problematic with Knights of Weston. They're already very mobile with Sir Gilbert. This would make them rat-like on top of that!

Here's the alternate version

HORN OF GONDOR
After revealing an order marker on Boromir, if he has received one or more wounds from an oppponent, you may use Horn of Gondor. If you do, each player may move up to 2 figures up to 4 spaces each. Each figure moved with the Horn of Gondor must be able to move within 5 clear sight spaces of Boromir.

You could take out the order marker bit, and I'm not sure if it should happen before or after moving. But if you take out the order marker bit then it becomes problematic with Knights of Weston.

The wording in italics is kinda gross, but it's the "standard" way to word this kind of thing and ties in to a bunch of FAQs about how these powers are supposed to work; without the FAQs the corner cases become an unwieldy mess.

Maybe you can see why these seem like they might be best left as either a Treasure Glyph or a scenario effect.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:57 AM

... which brings me to treasure glyphs. One of the ideas we had before that I'm still fond of is to make a lot of the special items into treasure glyphs instead of powers on people's cards. Scenarios could give the Fellowship an extra edge by assigning the glyphs to the Fellowship.

Some glyph ideas:

Horn of Gondor
Sting
Glamdring
Narsil
The One Ring (obviously)
Elven Cloaks (from Lothlorien; no hit zone when unengaged, anyone?)
Barrow Swords (for the hobbits, to give them a little more bite)
Bilbo's Mithril Shirt

etc.

If we really wanted to get wild we could try to put point values on them so that people could "opt in" to extra complexity by drafting treasure glyphs to put on their heroes. This might help even for variety in scenarios; give the Fellowship X number of points for figures and X number of points for treasure. Better replayability that way, perhaps.

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:59 AM

I still mostly like the Strider we had before (although I would probably drop the terrain power to simplify the card) but there's other directions we could go with it too.

I have ideas about the hobbits, too, but my computer battery is dying and I should really go to sleep anyway. Looking forward to hearing y'all's thoughts!

--
--
--

--
Old May 18th, 2020, 11:10 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love Competition; "That still only counts as one!"
The V1 Legolas and Gimli as a whole I really like.

Last edited by Splash; May 18th, 2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old May 18th, 2020, 12:25 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I like Legolas and Gimli a lot. For Boromir I was envisioning a sort of cheerleader power that would activate when he builds up wounds. Something like..

Courage of Gondor
If Boromir has at least 3 wound markers on his army card, each friendly figure adjacent to Boromir may add 1 to their attack and defense value.

It needs work, but if we were to incorporate something like this I’d make his life around 6ish? Maybe give him an average/below average base defense to start?

Last edited by Ninja Status; May 18th, 2020 at 12:35 PM. Reason: I could see how this would be problematic with KoW, since they already have Gil’s attack aura. Hmmm
Old May 18th, 2020, 12:54 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’d like to see 2 iterations of Boromir. A FotR one with a Horn of Gondor power, and a class of Protector maybe? And a Champion of Osgiliath version that bonds with KoW and Macdirks.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs