Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Notices

Old October 16th, 2016, 01:57 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart
Re: D&D ToEE Full Box Customs - Need Help! - Updated 10/4

NAME = Fire Bat Swarm
SPECIES = Elemental
UNIQUENESS = COMMON Squad (3)
CLASS = Beast
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE/HEIGHT = Small 1

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = 30

Flying
When counting spaces for a Fire Bat Swarm's movement, ignore elevations. Fire Bat Swarm figures may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Fire Bat Swarm figures start to fly, if they are engaged they will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Evasive 7
When this figure rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, add 7 defense dice to the defending creature.

Fleeting Flame
When a Fire Bat Swarm figure inflicts a wound, destroy the Fire Bat Swarm figure. Fire Bat Swarm Figures destroyed by the Fleeting Flame special Rule do not count towards points destroyed when deciding who won the game.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 21st, 2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old October 16th, 2016, 02:29 PM

NAME = Ascended Air Elemental
SPECIES = Elemental
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Air Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = ?

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 165

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Ascended Air Elemental’s movement, ignore elevations.Ascended Air Elemental may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Ascended Air Elemental starts to fly, if it is engaged it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SWIRLING VORTEX
When an opponent’s small or medium figure moves into a space within 2 clear sight spaces of Ascended Air Elemental you control, that figure must end its move there. Figures can never move through any figure affected by Swirling Vortex.

Cult Following
After taking a turn with Ascended Air Elemental you may select up to 3 different non-unique air cultist figures. You may then move with those selected figures up to their full move or you can move those figures up to two spaces and then attack.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 21st, 2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old October 16th, 2016, 06:31 PM

NAME = Ascended Water Elemental
SPECIES = Elemental
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Water Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = ?

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 165

Water Traverse
Ascended Water Elemental may move through water spaces without stopping. If Ascended Water Elemental is on a Water space, Ascended Water Elemental will always be considered at the same elevation to attacking or defending figures.

Accumulating Pools
All spaces within 2 clear sight spaces, and at an elevation of no greater then 3, of Ascended Water Elemental are treated as water spaces in addition to its actual type.

Cult Following
After taking a turn with Ascended Water Elemental you may select up to 3 different non-unique water cultist figures. You may then move with those selected figures up to their full move or you can move those figures up to two spaces and then attack with those figures.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 21st, 2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old October 21st, 2016, 09:17 PM

Re: D&D ToEE Full Box Customs - Need Help! - Updated 10/16

Hey all updated some of the cards.

Altered Cult Following abilities, Updated special powers that I had left blank. Upped the health of the Goblin mercenaries. Changed Grnoll Hunters to common squad, and fixed some typos.
Old October 29th, 2016, 10:57 PM

Bump, still looking for more feedback! Been real busy as of late so have yet to add a few customs. Any and all help wanted!
Old November 10th, 2016, 10:28 PM

NAME = Ascended Fire Elemental
SPECIES = Elemental
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Fire Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = ?

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 165

Lava Resistance
Ascended Fire Elemental never rolls for molten lava damage, or lava field damage, and it does not have to stop on molten lava spaces.

Unwieldy Flames
When Ascended Fire Elemental attacks a targeted figure, all figures adjacent to the target will be affected by the attack. Roll attack dice once for all figures. Roll defense dice separately for each figure. Ascended Fire Elemental and all figures with the fire's blessing special rule, will never be affected by attacks from Unwieldy Flames special rule.

Cult Following
After taking a turn with Ascended Fire Elemental you may select up to 3 different non-unique fire cultist figures. You may then move with those selected figures up to their full move or you can move those figures up to two spaces and then attack with those figures.
Old November 20th, 2016, 03:21 PM

Re: D&D ToEE Full Box Customs - Need Help! - Updated 11/10/1

NAME = Ascended Earth Elemental
SPECIES = Elemental
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Earth Cultist
PERSONALITY = Devote
SIZE/HEIGHT = ?

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 165

Collecting Gravel
At the start of the game, before any figures are placed in the starting zones, place 3 single rock hex tiles on this card. When Ascended Earth Elemental starts or stops its movement on a rock space, or adjacent to a ruin, roll the 20 sided die. If the result is 10 or higher add a single rock hex to this card. Up to a maximum of 5.

Earth Stomp Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 6.
After selecting the target, but before rolling any combat dice, move the targeted figure to an adjacent non occupied space. Then place a single rock hex tile in a space that was previously occupied by that target.

Cult Following
After taking a turn with Ascended Earth Elemental you may select up to 3 different non-unique earth cultist figures. You may then move with those selected figures up to their full move or you can move those figures up to two spaces and then attack with those figures.
Old December 16th, 2016, 10:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Neat stuff here Smurf_Scape. Bring on all the random miniatures to greatly expand your games.

Now then, onto the Ascended Earth Elemental:

Terraforming is a fun concept in heroscape, but it can be tricky to utilize to improve your game. One devilish concept for his Earth Stomp Special Attack is to attack your own figures to create a nice hill for another one of your figures. You can park Raelin or Syvarris up there in order to keep height advantage and get a clearer view of the board. Could be useful to know when you do play with him.

For Ascended Fire Elemental:

Unwieldy Flames is a cool power, but you may wish to change to a special attack. While getting to take advantage of any attack bonuses may seem awesome, units who can move after one of their buddies gets hit will quickly get out of hand. In theory, they can also make themselves out of reach of the initial attack. As Special Attacks get around these (by often resembling explosions or such), you may find that to be a much easier option to work with.

For Ascended Water Elemental:

A water aura, so to speak eh? Neat. However, do you want land figures to end their movement if they step into the giant bathtub? That would be a game changer for this guy, as he would gain a very strong kiting power against anything melee. I'd like using that in tandem with standard Water Elementals and Kurrok.

In conclusion, keep it up! You'll have a thriving pool of units to draft from with this lot of units.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 26th, 2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

Now then, onto the Ascended Earth Elemental:

Terraforming is a fun concept in heroscape, but it can be tricky to utilize to improve your game. One devilish concept for his Earth Stomp Special Attack is to attack your own figures to create a nice hill for another one of your figures. You can park Raelin or Syvarris up there in order to keep height advantage and get a clearer view of the board. Could be useful to know when you do play with him.
I was unsure about this, what are the rules for attacking your own figures? How might I clarify the special attack so that was not possible?

Quote:
For Ascended Fire Elemental:

Unwieldy Flames is a cool power, but you may wish to change to a special attack. While getting to take advantage of any attack bonuses may seem awesome, units who can move after one of their buddies gets hit will quickly get out of hand. In theory, they can also make themselves out of reach of the initial attack. As Special Attacks get around these (by often resembling explosions or such), you may find that to be a much easier option to work with.
I'm not really sure if I understand what you are saying here. I think making it a special attack might also simplify some of the other interactions with the Ascended Fire Elemental.

Quote:
For Ascended Water Elemental:

A water aura, so to speak eh? Neat. However, do you want land figures to end their movement if they step into the giant bathtub? That would be a game changer for this guy, as he would gain a very strong kiting power against anything melee. I'd like using that in tandem with standard Water Elementals and Kurrok.
Very true about the kitting ability, I think I want to change the Ascended Water Elemental to have a range of 1, make it so it has the decisions of whether to engage or not.

Quote:
In conclusion, keep it up! You'll have a thriving pool of units to draft from with this lot of units.
Thanks for the input and encouragement! I'll try to keep this one going. I did set a pretty realistic goal for myself though I think. And believe I am making good progress.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 08:29 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

You are making great progress! Keep it up.

Quote:
I was unsure about this, what are the rules for attacking your own figures? How might I clarify the special attack so that was not possible?
You could simply add in "Earth Stomp Special Attack may not be used on friendly figures".

Quote:
I'm not really sure if I understand what you are saying here. I think making it a special attack might also simplify some of the other interactions with the Ascended Fire Elemental.
I probably could have worded it better, but yeah. Go with a Special Attack there. :P

Quote:
Very true about the kitting ability, I think I want to change the Ascended Water Elemental to have a range of 1, make it so it has the decisions of whether to engage or not.
Sounds like a good option to me. Scrub out bad guys with Aquapunches.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 17th, 2017, 05:55 PM

Haven't Played around with this much lately. Sorry everyone. Please feel free to leave critiques eventually I'll get back around to finishing this project. I have about 6 more months for my own deadline. Any and all help is welcome!
Old July 3rd, 2017, 12:44 PM

Really lost motivation for this. Playgroup got sick of Heroscape - I didn't have enough variety in troops or terrain, Arena of the Planeswalkers - Not enough enthusiasm for the theme, and ToEE - never could get a continued story/quest to go through.

I hope the stuff I came up with will help someone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs