Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 18th, 2010, 10:05 AM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Isamu

That's mostly what I use him for, though- Phantom Walk, Vanish, and a possible 5 base attack cater to the idea of getting to a key target (most powerful Jandar figure on the board, if there are any). This helps him earn his points worth, especially if you cripple a powerful unit like Gilbert or Nilfheim that would otherwise cause hell. For me, it's never simply enough to run around hashing and slashing then relying on Vanish to stay alive. Though, I can see that being a usable strategy if no target really catches your eye... though most Jandar armies typically have a strong center.

And see the post above my first ^ tcglkn is new. Psst, go on, welcome him.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes Isamu is often underrated because he is only 10 points but he can cause some major damage. I was meerly comparing the vipers to isamu to show that both are despensable. they have very different stratageys though.
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

At GenCon, I used Isamu to kill Agent Carr when those were the only two figures left in the game.

In another game, my opponent brought Thanos back from the dead by taking continuous turns with Isamu. I won anyway, but it was rough.

He is easily worth his points and then some.

Old January 18th, 2010, 01:03 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My dad has taken out my Tor-Kul-Na with Isamu before. Uneven terrain, and height advantage for Isamu didn't help me, but I still had a 220 point figure taken out with ten points.

I eventually won the game, but it was pretty close.
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yes personally i think of isamu as one of the best bang for ur points characters in the game. hes is esp good going against a mainly jandor army.
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:35 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
In another game, my opponent brought Thanos back from the dead by taking continuous turns with Isamu. I won anyway, but it was rough.

So, if I'm reading correctly, he abused Vanish and Phantom Walk to Stall for time and bring Thanos back?

That is a potentially great idea.

Do you recall your opponent's army, Taeble?

That could be a great strategy if you have some cannon fodder/stalling stuff behind you. Just imagine...

Thanos 360
Rats x3 480
Isamu 490

Or even:

Thanos
4th Mass x2
Isamu 490

Rats would provide a screen while Thanos wreaks as much havoc as possible. Then, after he's down, the rats and Isamu can provide enough time to roll a 20. 4th Mass. could be used for a more offensive approach. Pretty risky, but I'd love to try it out.

Even better?

Thanos
Tandros
Isamu

If you can engage a figure with both Tandros AND Thanos, your opponent would have a long way to go just to KO Thanos, and Isamu can then provide enough time to run around and roll that 20.

Yeah, ok, this is a terrible idea. But I'm still gonna try it out sometime.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.

Last edited by Vilsara; January 18th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Yes, personally I think of Isamu as one of the best bang for ur your points characters in the game. he's is especially good going against a mainly Jandar army.
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post

So, if I'm reading correctly, he abused Vanish and Phantom Walk to Stall for time and bring Thanos back?

That is a potentially great idea.

Do you recall your opponent's army, Taeble?
I don't recall it, but I do recall that I had Knights of Weston holding Thanos down and forcing him to attack one at a time, and that they were able to whittle him down twice.

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Yes, personally I think of Isamu as one of the best bang for ur your points characters in the game. he's is especially good going against a mainly Jandar army.
Sorry I was feeling quite rushed.
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:57 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Sorry to say, but unless playtesting, I absolutely reject to mixing Superheroscape figures with classic heroscape figures.

Besides the point, Isamu is definately worth more than 10 points. Vanish can keep him alive a long time, and if it doesn't work, he has a chance defendin with hieght advantage. Pit him against Jandar, and he's practically a titan.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 19th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Sorry to say, but unless playtesting, I absolutely reject to mixing Superheroscape figures with classic heroscape figures.

Besides the point, Isamu is definately worth more than 10 points. Vanish can keep him alive a long time, and if it doesn't work, he has a chance defendin with hieght advantage. Pit him against Melee Jandar, and he's practically a titan.
Edited for clarity - Vanish won't work forever and he can't stay adjacent when using it.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

You want to make any Nilf player nervous, just move this guy into battle with him. Of all the characters in 'scape I believe Isamu has the most potential to kill hundreds of points over his value every game. You'de think a ten point character wouldnt have a chance against all the expensive figures in the game but he definitely breaks the mold there. There is hardly a game I dont draft him (or anyone else for that matter). Matter of fact most of the time me and my gaming group are deciding who gets to use him, hehe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units