Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old May 4th, 2013, 06:22 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Rank Your Favorite Superhero Movies!

pulled my list of options from wikipeda

1) Dark Knight - so many great portrayals and scenes in this one
2) Watchmen - A great story and pretty chilling in certain spots
3) Batman - Where does he get those wonderful toys?
4) V for Vendetta - remember remember the 5th of november.
5) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I never did read the comics, but I watched every one of the original animated and still have many action figures I force my kids to play with
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Comic Book Movie Rankings (complete ranking of those I’ve seen)

1) Dark Knight
2) The Avengers
3) Batman Begins
4) The Incredibles (animated)
5) Special
6) Dark Knight Rises
7) Spider-Man 2
8 Kickass
9) Iron Man
10) Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (animated)
11) Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (animated)
12) Iron Man 3
13) The Amazing Spider-Man
14) Scott Pilgrim
15) The Incredible Hulk
16) Justice League: The New Frontier (animated)
17) Captain America
18 Spider-Man
19) Thor
20) Watchmen
21) Hellboy
22) Wonder Woman (animated)
23) Green Lantern: First Flight (animated)
24) Hellboy 2
25) Iron Man 2
26) Batman: Gotham Knights (animated)
27) X-2: X-Men United
28 Spider-Man 3
29) Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero (animated)
30) Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (animated)
31) Batman: Under the Red Hood (animated)
32) Superman: Doomsday (animated)
33) X-Men
34) Mystery Men
35) The Mask
36) Superman
37) Green Lantern
38 X-Men 3
39 Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (animated)
40) Unbreakable
41) Green Hornet
42) Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (animated)
43) Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
44) Wolverine
45) Hancock
46) Superman Returns
47) Fantastic Four
48 Daredevil
49) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
50) Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (animated)
51) My Super Ex-Girlfriend
52) Batman
53) Ghost Rider
54) Elektra
55) Batman Returns
56) Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (animated)
57) Hulk
58 Superman II
59) Batman Forever
60) Sky High
61) The Batman vs. Dracula (animated)
62) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze
63) Batman and Robin

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 5th, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You forgot TMNT.

I should expand my list too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:09 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
You forgot TMNT.

I should expand my list too.
Yeah, I saw the first two. I really should add them in. I though about adding in V as well, but I guess I just don't consider it a superhero movie for some reason. Same with Zorro.

Were they just called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze"?

The one problem with ranking them is I saw them soooooooo many years ago and was so much younger that I don't really recall them at all. Pretty sure TMNT 2 would have to be very low on the list, though.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 4th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think those are the right names. 2 is pretty bad but you should watch the first again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:34 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

and let's not forget TMNT 3: Turtles in time....ok let's do forget it. I mean they left Casey Jones at home, and he's the best character!!!
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:39 PM

OK, updated with some turtle power.

Old May 5th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Wow, you put The Batman vs. Dracula that low? I thought it was pretty solid! Haven't watched it in a while, though...

And, by the by, putting Superman II below Elektra should probably be illegal.
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Wow, you put The Batman vs. Dracula that low? I thought it was pretty solid! Haven't watched it in a while, though...

And, by the by, putting Superman II below Elektra should probably be illegal.
Went in to edit out those stupid smiley eights and I moved a few things around. I actually think Elektra's a bit overrated, and the Donner Superman movies honestly do almost nothing for me outside of the absolutely fantastic first fifteen minutes of Superman. The endings of both of those movies (I and II) irritate me to no end, though, and Superman II just came off as really flat for me. Not a fan of The Batman in general, because I find it pretty lacking in soul or depth, but I tried not to judge The Batman vs. Dracula on that account. As is, though, there was just no memorable moment in that movie for me.

You're right, though - it shouldn't be lower than TMNT 2, so I fixed that!

I also bumped Wolverine up, because the more and more I think about it, there were so many individual moments in that movie I liked, even if I didn't like it as a whole, the overly Matrixy effects drove me nuts, the bad CGI drove me nuts, and Gambit just made me sad. Deadpool in the intro, boxing with Blob, an actual cool final battle, though .... there is actually a lot to like in that movie. So I bumped it up several spots.

Old May 5th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I never heard of Special. I will have to check it out.

I recommend Ultimate Avengers 1&2 and Hulk vs. Wolverine/Thor.
The Hulk vs. Wolverine is my favorite.

I really need to check out all of the Batman animated movies. I think I have seen most of the other animated DC releases.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

My top nine, alphabetically:

The Avengers
The closest film has come to capturing the four-color action spectacle and character interplay found in the Marvel comics that drew me to superheroes in the first place

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Still the only Batman movie in which the character is actually portrayed as a, y'know, detective.

The Crow
At this point it's as much a time capsule of '90s alternative music as much as a superhero movie, so it might feel dated to some, but Brandon Lee was born to play this character and the script is actually pretty tight. Also, Michael Wincott as Top Dollar is, hands down, one of my favorite villain performances.

The Incredibles

The best Fantastic Four movie and proof that audiences don't necessarily need characters to have origins.

The Iron Giant
Yes, this has a lot of elements ('50s sci-fi, monster movie, boy and his dog) but superhero is one of them. Easily one of the best animated films ever made.

Robocop
My favorite movie about the '80s. If you weren't alive back then, watch this to see what America was like.

The Rocketeer
This movie manages to translate the feel of its specific source material more perfectly than anything else on my list. One of the most perfectly cast movies here, and James Horner's score is an all-time favorite of mine.

Spider-Man 2
A great movie for my favorite fictional character. The story never once loses sight of its theme while still making room for the requisite superhero action set pieces, which are among the best ever. Maguire and Dunst may not be the definitive Peter and Mary Jane of the comics, but for this version of the characters this movie is their home run.

Superman
Two words: Christopher Reeve. There's a reason that, when he was injured and when he died, there was such an outpouring of global affection for an actor who had, frankly, not had much of a career otherwise. The man inhabited the character of Superman almost effortlessly.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:19 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I never heard of Special. I will have to check it out.
Special is awesome. Just plain brilliant. And if you find you like that, Griff the Invisible is pretty similar (Not quite as good though, in my opinion)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion