Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old November 12th, 2011, 09:10 PM

professorsam Woo who?
Looking for fellow scapers in Nassau cnty LI or Brooklyn NY

I live in West Hempstead and I work in Brooklyn. I would like to meet some fellow scapers. Sundays would work for me or possibly one night during the week (in brooklyn). Anyone out there?

DWARVES RULE!!!!!
Old November 12th, 2011, 09:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Looking for fellow scapers in Nassau cnty LI or Brooklyn

Get a hold of Chas from here...he is in Brooklyn
Old November 12th, 2011, 10:56 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Please contact us! Below is but a taste of what the Gang of Four is all about (follow the links):

Chaos in the Catacombs Battle Report and Discussion

Posted April 23rd, 2011 at 01:59 PM by kolakoski
Updated April 23rd, 2011 at 02:51 PM by kolakoski
Well met!

Original Blog Entry:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1749

Barebones Battle Report:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...78&postcount=6

My team, while fine for a "normal" FFA, was far from the best for this scenario. We played 3 games and, this being my first go at CitC, it took me awhile to get the hang of it. It's all about the use of the Wandering Monsters, of course, and in the third game, I used them to great effect, in combination with my own team, to wipe out the other players. Unfortunately, Taeblewalker had gotten a couple of glyphs off by that time, and chas and Sherman joined him to deny me the win, with 3 OMs per turn of Wandering Monsters to my one. chas posited, that it was a mistake to kill off all the other players' units, leaving them no hope for anything but vengeance.

I still like the Werewolf Lord in this scenario, but, if and when we play CitC again, I'll choose different units for the other 210 points than Syvarris/Rhogar, including Stealth Flyers and/or Phantom Walkers. It might be efficacious to fill all 5 start zone spaces as well. Some armies (with comments):

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=25

We all rebelled, as I predicted, against doing the obvious, and using Cyprien or any lockdown figures in our armies or Wandering Monsters. That will probably not be the case the next time.

It is probably worth mentioning that we chose our Wandering Monsters without consultation or, in some cases, without knowing what the other players' armies were. Next time, I'll suggest that we hold off on choosing them until after we get together.

Naturally, the other members of the Gang will throw in their on this, and their own take on the proceedings, in their comments.

Armies in this scenario don't really operate in a cooperative fashion. Instead units tend to go out separately, one at a time, to make glyph gathering runs, with those left behind being a sort of garrison for your start zone. Since there will be a lot of Phantom Walkers/Stealth Flyers, units that negate those powers, through actual Negation or otherwise, seem to be naturals for that role (the above-mentioned Morsbane and Mindflayer, and, to a lesser extent, Kee-Mo-Shi and Ne-Gok-Sa).
Old November 13th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

And we have a group that meets once a month on the third Sunday out in Plainview. Our next meeting is the 20th. Let me know if you'd like more information. Both the Brooklyn group and the Long Island group have a lot of crossover.
Old November 13th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Don't forget the City Island Board Game Group in the Bronx. Contact me for details.

Old March 8th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Mikeyblaze Woo who?

I want to play im in brooklyn ny age 25, this thread is 6yrs old so im hoping some one still checks it
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:47 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyblaze View Post
I want to play im in brooklyn ny age 25, this thread is 6yrs old so im hoping some one still checks it
Its actually only 4 months old
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyblaze View Post
Its actually only 4 months old
Not so fast, Ona.

So...this thread is six years old, you say? Tell me, where you disappointed that flying cars never became a reality in 2015? And what do you think of the fourth Heroscape Master Set?

Old March 21st, 2012, 08:40 PM

Mikeyblaze Woo who?

Ok my bad, but i read the post date wrong, read the "join" date by accident, he had joined in 2006 so I am sorry for the complication. But i am very happy to know the thread isnt that old. See you all soon!
Old March 30th, 2012, 08:47 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm happy to report that Mikeyblaze is now in touch with us here at The New York City Gang of Four (aka Charley's Cobras, Heroscape Division; as opposed to the Boardgame and 54mm Miniatures Divisions), and he and his pal will be meeting us soon. We also had another guest, Ishmel, who recently played with us and will return as his availability allows. There have been a few local and foreign (outside of New York City) visiting players occasionally, most recently a romantic couple from Boston (but he proposed here in NYC), and an inquiry from two father and son pairs who we're still hoping to hear from in the future. We have attended Scape Cons from New England to Baltimore, and some of us a GenCon here and there. So we're a going concern still, and interested parties can PM (Private Message from your Control Panel) any of us:

Chas (Brooklyn) "Mr. Host"
Sherman Davies (Brooklyn) "Mr. Custom"
Taeblewalker (The Bronx) "Mr. Dungeon Crawl"
Kolakoski (Manhattan)
"Mr. Cinematic Scenario"

We have been playing monthly now for several years, with at least 4 players, on large maps in custom scenarios of our own devising, rotating Game Mastership among us. Our group has tried many variations of Scape over the years. We also attend Griznak's LI Scape annual tournament out in Nassau county, and some of his gaming sessions, which are always great fun.

Most of us have been Scaping since the beginning, own it all several times over, and play Classic, Customs, Superheroes, Team, Co-op, and whatever. Two of us are members of the C3G Inner Sanctum. You can follow our adventures all over the site, including on our own custom figures, maps, and scenario threads (everything from multi-section/level boards and teleportation, to pirate ships and active volcanoes), general discussions, and personal blogs!

Scape on!

Last edited by chas; March 30th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old March 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Let me get this straight. No special scenario rules, no glyphs, no goals, just kill the guy on the left? 650 points if 4 players, 400 with 6? Classic, D&D, Marvel and C3V/SoV allowed? What to do, what to do, what to do . . .

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by kolakoski; March 31st, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM

FuriousMufasa is surprisingly tart

Let me know if any of you guys head north a bit to the Hudson Valley. Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers