Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 17th, 2020, 10:34 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Orc's Power Rankings

The more I read this heresy, the more I wish Infinity War was the final movie.

Last edited by OEAO; April 17th, 2020 at 10:34 PM. Reason: *snaps*
Old June 2nd, 2020, 10:08 PM

Mr. Phats is surprisingly tart

It seems that the unit descriptions cut out after Brunak.

You're gonna carry that weight... all 250 pounds of it.
Old July 12th, 2020, 08:40 PM

Rama is surprisingly tart

I too would like to see all the unit descriptions @OrcElfArmyOne , if you could update the OP? I can only see up to Brunak on my end.

~ Rama
Old July 12th, 2020, 08:51 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
I too would like to see all the unit descriptions @OrcElfArmyOne , if you could update the OP? I can only see up to Brunak on my end.

~ Rama
Thanks for reminding me. I’ll try to write them this week.
Old July 12th, 2020, 09:00 PM

Rama is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post

~ Rama
Thanks for reminding me. I’ll try to write them this week.
Thank you! I’ve been spending these last few days wracking my brain on what army to bring to OnlineCon in August - having some more rationale surrounding your power rankings here would be a big help.

I was also just reading your forum post about the modern meta and gathering some ideas from it. Thanks for writing! 👍

~ Rama
Old July 31st, 2020, 02:14 PM

Mr. Phats is surprisingly tart

I'm curious as to why you placed the Marro Warriors in A+.

You're gonna carry that weight... all 250 pounds of it.
Old July 31st, 2020, 04:08 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Phats View Post
I'm curious as to why you placed the Marro Warriors in A+.
Marro Warriors are the cleanup figure in the game. Mobile, ranged, able to regen lost figures, cheap, and can hit decentish with 4 attacks of 3 from height. Their high range lets them split up too so that you can't take them all out in one turn while still being able to focus fire on your figures.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old July 31st, 2020, 05:09 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Marro Warriors not only excel at cleanup, they can also be a very effective opening. The presence of the Unique Attack Glyph in the meta only helps them. They’re perhaps the single most efficient unit in the game. Their stats are insane.

Edit: Also, sorry the unit descriptions aren’t finished. It’s been a very busy few months for me. Check out the Casters of Valhalla podcast for more insight on the A+ to B+ units.
Old August 1st, 2020, 07:28 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Even if you're low on hexes, Marro Warriors are amazing. I'd even be keen to drop a Heavy Grut or Roman Legionaire to fit them in.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 1st, 2020, 05:10 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Marro Warriors not only excel at cleanup, they can also be a very effective opening. The presence of the Unique Attack Glyph in the meta only helps them. They’re perhaps the single most efficient unit in the game. Their stats are insane.
If Major Q10 could be in multiple places at once, he'd be called the Marro Warriors. They give you the board control that Q10 can't with similar offensive output. A single Warrior can die easier but killing all of them is similarly difficult if not even more so.
Old August 18th, 2020, 02:54 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

After re-listening to the latest episode of CoV while editing last night, I’ve moved Axegrinders up to A. I still don’t think Mogrimm and Darrak are good enough for A (although Darrak is close), but the Axegrinders themselves are really efficient. Is Mogrimm better than Marcus, for example? I don’t think so, but I could be mistaken. He’s certainly not as good as Grimnak or Gilbert. For Darrak, I don’t think he’s quite on the level of Nerak and MBS, but I think he’s closer to them than Mogrimm is to Grimnak and Gilbert.
Old August 18th, 2020, 03:22 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
After re-listening to the latest episode of CoV while editing last night, I’ve moved Axegrinders up to A. I still don’t think Mogrimm and Darrak are good enough for A (although Darrak is close), but the Axegrinders themselves are really efficient. Is Mogrimm better than Marcus, for example? I don’t think so, but I could be mistaken. He’s certainly not as good as Grimnak or Gilbert. For Darrak, I don’t think he’s quite on the level of Nerak and MBS, but I think he’s closer to them than Mogrimm is to Grimnak and Gilbert.
I will slowly make them all believers!!! Mwahaha!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 18th, 2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: It’s all part of the plan.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion