Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old July 28th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wend. Night Gaming? Twas the Night Before GenCon

Hey All,

I will be heading to Indy on Wend. night and have a hotel room, sad to say 7 miles away by the airport, but I have a car.

So my questions is -

Are there any Scapers there the night before? And are there any gaming going on that I could still get in on?

I have been checking out the GC Forums and it seems the KFC crew at the ram is basically booked. Just wondering if anyone here will be gaming then - Heroscape or just any board games in General.

I will have a few Board games with me, besides all my Heroscape stuff.

Conquest of the Fallen Lands
Gubs
Colossal Arena
Politico
& a few others.

If there is some gaming going down I can be there as early as possible!

Just curious - looking forward to meeting a bunch of you , and gaming with you all.

Have a great day, and I for one am a excited dude just waiting to get my Game On'

Thanks

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:59 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker
Re: Wend. Night Gaming? Twas the Night Before GenCon

I am definitely down for some gaming. I live about 45 minutes from Gen Con, so I stay at my parents' home downtown to be close during Gen Con, and they are planning on being gone for vacation. If we are talking a few people, I could probably play host. Unless you are set on your hotel.

Also, I can find out how late some of the local gaming stores will be open. We could play at one, and have much more room.

For those coming in Wednesday night, what time are you arriving? Maybe we could have a decent group to do some last minute testing.
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:26 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Maybe we should get a thread going with when people are arriving and where they are staying to coordinate some after hours gaming besides at The Ram?
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

WDGrant - That sounds great, I think your house ( parents ) or a game store would be better then my hotel. If I was in a fancy hotel near the convention center I would say there. But not sure what my hotel will be like.

I plan on getting there by 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I am coming with 1 friend, but he is not much of a board gamer , and I am embarrassed to say he does not play Scape ( he is into Computer games - but he is my ride and since he went to the only other GenCon I went to , 27 years ago, he was all about coming along again ).

Are you more up for Heroscape? &/or other board games?

I am sure I could use some last minute practice on scape.

If your willing to have me over that would be sweet. I can bring snacks if desired. Plus some amazing Chocolate from Costa Rica. If your a coffee drinker I always bring strong CR Coffee with me as a gift.

If you are not bringing a heroscape board along I can do that also. My friend has a big old SUV with lots of room I can have one of the Tournament boards already set up and on a piece of plywood so we are ready to rumble right away.

Awesome is all I have to say, thanks

TOM

Oh yea - I am staying at the Days Inn Airport Hotel?

Any one else there? Any one no anything about it? All I know is it is 7 miles from the Convention center

Last edited by Hendal; July 28th, 2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

I will be downtown Wednesday night. I'll be playing games at the Ram until about 5pm.
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:37 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

I will be in Indianapolis sometime Wed. eve., probably by about 4 or 5pm. I would love to get in on a game or two that evening. HeroScape or other would be fine by me, in fact I am at least as excited about trying out some of the other games you folks enjoy as I am about all the scape! I will be bringing Battle Ball and Politico, and I'm trying to decide what else to bring.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Eirikr - Do you play battleball with Mr. B.'s advanced rules? They rock.

Politico - I got 110 logged games of it over at the BGG, I love that game, played 2 this morning.

wdgrant - Akrom Horror sounds like a great one to me, and I really want to try that one out. How long does a game take?

If not at your house maybe during GC some night in the open gaming room we should plan to play a game?

Makes me think we should start a thread about playing games in teh Open game room amongst us scapers ( beside scape that is, other board and card games ).

Game On'

Old July 29th, 2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post

wdgrant - Akrom Horror sounds like a great one to me, and I really want to try that one out. How long does a game take?

If not at your house maybe during GC some night in the open gaming room we should plan to play a game?
Arkham Horror takes between 2 and 3 hours. Probably closer to 3 with newer players to take a little time to explain the rules (not super difficult, but still slows things down).

We can definitely do that Wednesday. I can probably comfortably have 6 or so to play at my parents. If it looks like more, we can scope out a FLGS to play.
Old July 30th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

wdgrant - that sounds perfect to me, some pre-night gaming before the big event. I will look up the Rules to AH at the BGG so I have a grasp of the game before then, make it easier I hope to play - and win I hope!

Very cool offer.

Thanks

Old July 31st, 2008, 09:40 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Hendal - I remember a discussion about Mr.Bistro's advanced rules but I haven't tried them. I've only played politico a dozen times at most but a really tight, fun game.
wdgrant - I would love to get in on a game of Arkham Horror on Wednesday night. I have been wanting to try it out for some time and What a great way to kick off the weekend!

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old July 31st, 2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
wdgrant - I would love to get in on a game of Arkham Horror on Wednesday night. I have been wanting to try it out for some time and What a great way to kick off the weekend!
Sounds good Eirikr, I'll put you on the list. Where are you staying and when are you getting in?
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

More importantly, where are you guys keeping your games, and when will you be away from them for dinner?

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con