Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 24th, 2022, 06:46 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Low Cost Painting (Protectors) - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

@orgsbane , have you tried the army painter speedpaints? I've painted thousands of models before I found them. I've added the mega set to the arsenal and have painted a few hundred models with them. They aren't too spendy and they're fantastic. You can also mix the colors for additional colors even though you already get 23 different ones and a bottle of medium in the mega set. Just the other day I found a bang on grut Orc skin. I used runic Grey, and plasmatic bolt at an even 50/50 ratio out of dropper bottles. One coat. Directly to the white primed model, and that's it. No need for a wash, or a highlight , or anything on the skin. Exact match. I highly recommend them to add to your painting arsenal.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 24th, 2022, 08:45 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@orgsbane , have you tried the army painter speedpaints? I've painted thousands of models before I found them. I've added the mega set to the arsenal and have painted a few hundred models with them. They aren't too spendy and they're fantastic. You can also mix the colors for additional colors even though you already get 23 different ones and a bottle of medium in the mega set. Just the other day I found a bang on grut Orc skin. I used runic Grey, and plasmatic bolt at an even 50/50 ratio out of dropper bottles. One coat. Directly to the white primed model, and that's it. No need for a wash, or a highlight , or anything on the skin. Exact match. I highly recommend them to add to your painting arsenal.
I haven’t, that sounds amazing! I’ve been really happy with the results of the normal Army Painter, but I imagine I’ll be painting a lot of commissions once 1.5 drops. A one-and-done coat definitely seems worth checking out, I’ll look into it!

EDIT: Oooo these look nice. Getting my quarterly bonus next week, now I have to choose between spending more money on your brother's shop, or buying new paint again
Old August 25th, 2022, 12:04 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

That's an easy one. Just do both. I'm sure if you pick up some speed paints he'd understand. I strongly recommend them. I can say I'm not biased either way. He sells all the figures, and bases on there. I only make money off the towers and trays I have on there. You would love the new paints. Just by only having to do one coat in comparison to the two to three coats of craft paint I'd use, it really evens out. A little better actually because your only pai ting one coat I stead of 3. So time 8s a big saver.

Old August 25th, 2022, 09:14 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
That's an easy one. Just do both. I'm sure if you pick up some speed paints he'd understand. I strongly recommend them. I can say I'm not biased either way. He sells all the figures, and bases on there. I only make money off the towers and trays I have on there. You would love the new paints. Just by only having to do one coat in comparison to the two to three coats of craft paint I'd use, it really evens out. A little better actually because your only pai ting one coat I stead of 3. So time 8s a big saver.
I think you’ve just convinced me to do both. If you think about it, I really should be testing these speed paints out… you know, as a service to community, to see if they’d work for the upcoming AoH… and I’ll need models to test them on (you know, as part of my service to this community )

I’ve already got a stock of ramen, I’m set on food for the month anyway
Old August 25th, 2022, 03:08 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Do you have links on Amazon or somewhere for these…I think I’ll pick up a set so I can check ‘em out. I hear they’re the next best thing since baked bread.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 25th, 2022, 03:54 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Do you have links on Amazon or somewhere for these…I think I’ll pick up a set so I can check ‘em out. I hear they’re the next best thing since baked bread.
This is what I recommend when starting. After you start using them you'll find your favs to pick up multiples of later.
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/amywp8053.html

Old August 25th, 2022, 03:59 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
This is what I recommend when starting. After you start using them you'll find your favs to pick up multiples of later.
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/amywp8053.html
Great thanks!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 2nd, 2022, 02:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Rebasing - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd encourage you to hold off for a bit - especially if you're open to poker cards. There will eventually be an opportunity to print poker card versions in a much more economical way than the hex cards.
What are you hinting at here, Bats?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 3rd, 2022, 01:24 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Re: C3G Rebasing - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I'd encourage you to hold off for a bit - especially if you're open to poker cards. There will eventually be an opportunity to print poker card versions in a much more economical way than the hex cards.
What are you hinting at here, Bats?
I'm hoping it means that I'll soon be buying poker decks to use as backing for fancy new poker-sized C3G cards!
Old September 3rd, 2022, 01:26 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Rooty Tooty Cowboy Shooty

As someone who never owned a single Heroscape cowboy, I was super excited to find out that:

A. They are super cheap to buy due to 3D printing (thanks again, Trexy3D)
B. CV3 had rounded out the faction with Kate Crawford and gave them synergy due to Clayton Pierce.

I happily snapped up the minis, painted the 3D-printed sculpts, and rebased and blackwashed Kate and Clayton. As soon as I drag a friend over to play, this posse is going to be my first game back (outside of playtesting against myself).

Guilty McCreech had a disturbing case of gas mask face, so I gave him a nifty bandana.

I've been slowly collecting the various minis I need for my next project. Here's a hint, it will involve a horrifying amout of miniature surgery

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 3rd, 2022, 01:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Posse - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

C3G is beginning a transition from its 1.0 version to its 2.0 version. The 1.0 library will remain in place permanently, but in a "legacy state." That said, we're making some big changes in things like terminology and card templates and will be transitioning our library of cards to the new version of the game. The process is probably not going to be short, though, and could likely take months if not a year or two. But work has started in earnest behind the scenes. So something to watch out for.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 3rd, 2022, 01:33 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Re: The Posse - Orgbsane's Hobby Thread

Quote:
C3G is beginning a transition from its 1.0 version to its 2.0 version. The 1.0 library will remain in place permanently, but in a "legacy state." That said, we're making some big changes in things like terminology and card templates and will be transitioning our library of cards to the new version of the game. The process is probably not going to be short, though, and could likely take months if not a year or two. But work has started in earnest behind the scenes. So something to watch out for.
Ooo, exciting! I can imagine that would be incredibly time-consuming, given the size of the C3G library lol. I'll probably just print out cards as I need them then, and I look forward to the update!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions