Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old October 1st, 2022, 10:53 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I've been watching and (mostly) enjoying Rings of Power. Also slowly making my way through Wandavision.

I haven't finished Avatar yet; somewhere in season 2 with my kids. We haven't picked it up in a while now.
Season 2 is where it gets much better, so I think it's worth finishing the whole show. One of my favorites from when I was a kid despite anything about it that frustrates me as an adult
Old October 1st, 2022, 11:31 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Started Rings of Power...it's slow.

Real slow.

Reminds me of the reason behind the book Bored of The Rings. Which, if you enjoyed Lord of the Rings and haven't read Bored, you probably should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
The most recent episode of Rings of Power was a big step up in quality I think, in interested in what happens next now. I think the 5 episodes before this were too uneventful, so maybe the season should have been 6 episodes instead of 8.
Adar is becoming more and more entertaining to watch so I hope they keep him around for a bit longer
It is a slow build-up but I think the payoff will be worth it. The eye-roll lore changes they made in episode 5 really detracted from that otherwise good episode.

Spoiler Alert!

I am enjoying watching things play out.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 1st, 2022, 11:59 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Started Rings of Power...it's slow.

Real slow.

Reminds me of the reason behind the book Bored of The Rings. Which, if you enjoyed Lord of the Rings and haven't read Bored, you probably should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
The most recent episode of Rings of Power was a big step up in quality I think, in interested in what happens next now. I think the 5 episodes before this were too uneventful, so maybe the season should have been 6 episodes instead of 8.
Adar is becoming more and more entertaining to watch so I hope they keep him around for a bit longer
It is a slow build-up but I think the payoff will be worth it. The eye-roll lore changes they made in episode 5 really detracted from that otherwise good episode.

Spoiler Alert!

I am enjoying watching things play out.
Don't get me wrong it's interesting...but slow.

It's like watching a snail move across a tabletop covered in glue...you know it can probably do it and you want to find out if it actually makes it. But it's sloooooooooooooow.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 1st, 2022 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Reminds me of watching of watching television snow in the 80's...to see when the signal comes back.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:40 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I thought episode 6 was really good, and shows the kinds of payoffs they can have by taking the time to set things up the way they have.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 24th, 2023, 06:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Watched the first three seasons of Snowpiercer, which were available on my Cable On Demand (a pal is going to get me a flash drive copy of the movie). Like Taeblewalker, who only saw the movie, I thought that although the SciFi train premise is silly, the show is pretty goods as social satire and action, and I love Sean Bean! (His many characters are always warped, whether Good or Evil. Somebody said he always wonders how long they will get to live in any show they are in)! They have apparently filmed a 4th and final season, to come out in 2023.

Most of the many characters are fun, the cast is good, and there are many unexpected twists and turns along the way. And the 3rd season ending was quite satisfying.
Old January 24th, 2023, 06:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I love Snowpiercer!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 5th, 2023, 11:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I ended up binge watching a show on Netflix called Lockwood & Co. Went in to it knowing nothing at all about it, is says it's based on some books. Never heard anything about it either, just kind of stumbled across it while browsing the menus. Ended up being a pretty good watch.

Old February 6th, 2023, 07:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wolves (2014)
Solid werewolf movie on not the biggest budget. Really helps that it features Jason Momoa.
Old March 30th, 2023, 07:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Opening day.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 30th, 2023, 04:41 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Twilight Zone and The Ark.

Old March 30th, 2023, 06:07 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

All five seasons of The Last Kingdom.
Old May 11th, 2023, 08:30 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Picard Season 3 was actually pretty good. Not quite TNG quality but as close as we're probably ever going to get with these characters. All the actors are still around and all still look recognizable as their characters even after all this time. If you've watched any recent Trek and said "this isn't Star Trek" then I think you might still enjoy this, it's got a bit more going on under the hood of all the explosions and drama and lens flares. And it's probably a better sendoff to the TNG cast then the movies in the 90's.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV