Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 19th, 2017, 09:41 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Age that your kids began building battlefields?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
Hi everyone, but especially parents,

So joy of joys, my kids are finally of the age that they are really interested in Heroscape!

But woe of woes they still seem to be too young to build the battlefields. Today, 2 water tiles got snapped. Fortunately, it was on the edges so still should be usable, but still... it's not like terrain is easily replaceable anymore.

I know that some of it is due to the plastic getting more brittle over time, but I'm curious when 'Scapers with kids let their little ones go crazy with the tiles and their imaginations, and any guidelines you used when they were on the younger side.

Note, that my kids are respectful with my stuff. It's just that sometimes it's a little hard to get things together or apart and when they get stuck, they use force rather than finesse.

Thanks for any insight that any of you can offer!
My son is 10 and he’s probably just now at the age but he’s been helping me for a few years. He knows that if something feels tight to stop. He doesn’t do any tear downs as that seems to be the more dangerous time.

Typically I take it apart and he sorts them into the appropriate location. When he was younger I’d let him hunt the pieces needed and I would build it. Let him help out and be a part of it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion