Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old April 29th, 2019, 01:12 PM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker
Arrow

AOTP MSE TEMPLATES

I wanted to go ahead and share the process I use along with the Arena of the Planeswalkers MSE templates in case people wanted to have a go at creating their own customs. The templates are fairly high quality and Dynamically change based on chosen colors. You can create Monocolored, Multicolored, and even Hybrid cards.

Here is the Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l6...1fa7sD-IKcc9a-

Introduction
These templates were originally created by the user Arcanis from the "Planeswalker Arena" website forums. I am not sure if I am allowed to link to other forums so I will leave it at that. But I do want to credit the creator for making some really great templates!

I have modified a few of the font sizes, text box sizes, and positioning, but most of the original content has remained the same. I have also added the ability to create Hybrid cards, which you can find more detail about below.

Instructions:
Quote:
To use these templates, you MUST have Magic Set Editor, which you can find more info about here.

To implement the templates, follow these steps:
1) Unzip the template folder. It contains 4 folders within it.
2) Navigate to [MSE install directory]\data
3) Copy the four folders into the data directory
4) Launch MSE and select "New Set". The templates should be visible at the end of the game type menu.
To create official looking cards, you will require certain fonts which you can download here:

Fonts:
Spoiler Alert!

Notes:
Usage note: When typing in the abilities box, inputting 'power', 'toughness', 'common' or 'unique' in lowercase (without apostrophes) will insert the relevant symbols. Similarly, typing the ~ character will input the name of the card to save you having to type it out repeatedly.

Choosing Colors:
To select a color for your custom card, simply click anywhere on the background frame and a drop-down box should appear. If you select multiple colors, the card will automatically update with the new frame and the correct mana symbols in the proper order.

To make a Hybrid card, simply select the Hybrid option after selecting two colors:

Note that only color pairs may be made into Hybrid cards. There are no Hybrid cards for more than two colors.

Here is an example of a Hybrid card made using the MSE templates:

Note: this card was made for the following miniature, from the D&D Guilds of Ravnica miniatures line 'Icons of the Realm'. The artwork comes from the MTG card "Spikewheel Acrobat":

In case you missed it, there is a text box for the Artist's name in the lower left-hand corner. I highly suggest that you include the original artist's name when borrowing art from Magic: the Gathering cards or other sources. You can usually look up the artist's name easily through Google.

I didn't make a hitbox for this example, but there are other tutorials for that on this site. You can refer to those for detailed help. Just note that the AOTP cards use Dark grey and light grey tones instead of Red and light grey for the hit zones.

To find out more about Hybrid cards, see more Custom creations, or contribute your own, visit the following thread:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55707

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Happy creating!

Last edited by Dysole; March 1st, 2021 at 03:44 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender