Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 10th, 2019, 01:19 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom Autobot Bumblebee (pics)

Really great work on that Bumblebee Q-10 mod! I love the tires on his back. The movie was indeed pretty great, I've seen it twice already. Wish it did better at the box office, but those progressively worse Bay movies turned a lot of people off the franchise as a whole and they released on the same day as Auqaman for some reason. I would really love to get an Optimus Prime movie that started where we last saw him on Cybertron and ended at the end credits cut scene so we found out what his story was during that same period of time.
Old February 10th, 2019, 11:37 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Custom Autobot Bumblebee (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Really great work on that Bumblebee Q-10 mod! I love the tires on his back. The movie was indeed pretty great, I've seen it twice already. Wish it did better at the box office, but those progressively worse Bay movies turned a lot of people off the franchise as a whole and they released on the same day as Auqaman for some reason. I would really love to get an Optimus Prime movie that started where we last saw him on Cybertron and ended at the end credits cut scene so we found out what his story was during that same period of time.
I've seen it exactly twice myself! And I agree, the Bay movies turned people off to the franchise. Bumblebee was a modest success after opening weekend, reason being is because of the 90% on Rotten Tomatoes letting people know that it wasn't The Last Knight again. Opening against Aquaman--another reasonably good movie--didn't help it either I'm sure.

I too would love an Optimus film, as he is my favorite, but would prefer it to take place prior to Bumblebee and follow his immediate transformation from Orion Pax into Optimus Prime and his slow learning to fulfill those shoes. Optimus is an amazing person, and I would like to see the story of how someone grows to become that kind of person. Maybe that's just me though.

Thank you for your thoughts!
Old February 16th, 2019, 03:31 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!
Re: JF's Custom Figs (Bumblebee and Optimus Prime)

Here is Prime's Army Card!

Excuse the pink markings on the left. You'd just cut that off when printed.

The design is a first round pick in our gaming group, and we're pretty happy with how he plays.

The Matrix of Leadership doesn't have an Army Card yet, but it simply allows you to take a turn with any figure less than 250 pts before taking a turn with Optimus Prime, symbolizing his bold leadership.
Old February 16th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. I love the specific point call out to the Leadership power.
That is something I wish C3G embraced.
The Transform power is slick. What figure are you using?
Old February 17th, 2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Very cool. I love the specific point call out to the Leadership power.
That is something I wish C3G embraced.
The Transform power is slick. What figure are you using?
Thank you!

On the previous page, you can see the happy meal I'm using to represent optimus.
Old February 17th, 2019, 08:44 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is sweet.
Old February 17th, 2019, 09:39 PM

Ok, a WIP for, this time, a Superhero custom: Aquaman! (no worries though... I still have some Transformer characters and characters in the Transformers world in the works!)

So, I never intended to like Aquaman. Being a Marvel fanboy for the most part, my love of DC really extended only to Superman and Batman. And Alan Scott, for some reason.

Never been sure why.

At any rate, this made Aquaman the best meme in superhero history, where there is no greater enemy for him then pollution killing off Flipper and co. I loved to laugh at Aquaman.

Then this stupid Aquaman movie made me like him. I think I'm legitimately a bit bitter as to how much I like Aquaman now. So here are my two--I originally had three planned so be glad it's only two--Aquamans: one on foot in his now-classic 90s costume, the other a more modern, mounted take on the character with the orange jumpsuit astride a giant sting ray. Cuz why not.

90s Arthur Curry required very little in terms of modification from his Hypertime heroclix self. I created his baseplate to look as though the pavement was being ripped up by some octopus thing in the sewers, tentacles courtesy of Brightest Day heroclix Aquaman, with smeared on hot glue for a water texture.

King/Modern/mounted Aquaman was not so simple. The sting ray was a toy I purchased at hobby lobby with their sweet sweet 40% coupons, and mounted onto a thick peanut baseplate with hot glue to represent water. There is a wall between this water and the ballast made of card stock to indicate a harbor of some sort.

The sting ray was already painted by me before I received Aquaman, so it is finished while he is not yet in the photo.

Aquaman himself is a Brightest Day heroclix with a trident stolen from some third Aquaman and a beard sculpted on, as well as some hair extensions.

I shall show them off as finished products next time!

-JF
Old February 19th, 2019, 05:28 PM

Re: JF's Custom Figs (Aquaman)

With the WIP out of the way, allow me to show you the finished product of his majesty, the Aquaman!

The only major difference between my WIP version of the exiled Aquaman is some paint on the figure, the ballast, the hot glue/water, and the tentacles lifting up the road.

The only other thing was my attempt at a foam effect where the tentacles and the road are bursting out of the water. I use some cotton ball shreds for this effect, and it's honestly waaaay more effective than I had originally anticipated, and I used it for the mounted Aquaman as well.

I painted up mounted king Aquaman and slapped some 'Flying Graysons' posters on the wall for good measure. Not quite so excited with this figure as I was with the exiled/foot Aquaman, but the reception towards this one has been much more positive, and who am I to argue with my gaming group XD

You can see the foam effect adopted towards the rear of the stingray.

The Army Card we use for our games is right here. We don't really draw a distinction depending on which figure you want... theoretically at least, having two hexes rather than one for a baseplate shouldn't effect point cost on this design.

And there we have it! Son of the land, king of the seas! What are your thoughts on these conversions?

-JF

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards