Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old February 1st, 2011, 09:17 AM

hoole_scape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Exclamation Wal-Mart petition

Have you guys ever thought about the prices for heroscape nowadays? I didn't at first, but then I noticed that I almost payed $25.00 ,plus shipping, for some little plastic men.I can remember when Wal-mart sold them, and I know the sets were NOT that expensive. So, If you go to walmart.com and scroll all the way down to the right corner, you will find a small contact us button. (small enough not to be found!) pick the e-mail button and e-mail them. Please Try to be nice at first. I figure they might look into it if they got hundreds of e-mails sent to them about the same thing.

Let's get heroscape in WAL-MART!

Do you like Ullar? Do you like him now? Good.

------------------------------------------------------
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wal-Mart petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoole_scape View Post
Have you guys ever thought about the prices for heroscape nowadays? I didn't at first, but then I noticed that I almost payed $25.00 ,plus shipping, for some little plastic men.I can remember when Wal-mart sold them, and I know the sets were NOT that expensive. So, If you go to walmart.com and scroll all the way down to the right corner, you will find a small contact us button. (small enough not to be found!) pick the e-mail button and e-mail them. Please Try to be nice at first. I figure they might look into it if they got hundreds of e-mails sent to them about the same thing.

Heroscape is gone, period.

WotC isn't even making mini's anymore. So while the support is nice, it's far too little too late.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, its over now. We failed with the first Wal-Mart petition which was signed with dollars at the cash register. Names on a list or emails or whatever isnt going to change any minds when the numbers are all in the red.
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

What did you buy and where? Everything I have is WELL below MSRP with shipping if it's still available from WotC.
.....Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM

Orac has disabled reputation

Walmart can't carry something that isn't being made. And Walmart is not in the business of manufacturing miniature games.
Even if you convinced Walmart to carry it, there's nothing to carry now that WOTC has decided that miniatures are too expensive for them to maintain.

Your best bet to get anything else produced, is to find some niche toy producer to license the rights to some of the old waves from Hasbro. Someone who sees an opportunity based on ebay prices, thinking they could sell packs from old waves at $20-$25 each, or Tundra at $40-$50, etc. (something above original MSRP, but also a deal compared to ebay), which would make a smaller print run of said waves (plus any licensing costs to Hasbro) profitable to them.
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:54 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The thing that upset me the most about walmart carrying scape is that they were never consistent regarding placement of the waves on shelves. Some had it next to the board games and master sets, some had them in the action figures, some next to the card games, ect. Made hunting very frustrating. As far as another company making it, id gladly pay $49.99 for more jungle, tundra and lava.
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:20 PM

WotC isn't making heroscape anymore? Are you sure? Anyways, I usually buy stuff from amazon.com who's prices are ok. But guess what, only making 7.00 a week isn't a good outlook. I was just getting annoyed with waiting at least two weeks for 5 little plastic dudes. I started the petition to save some money for me and everyone else. BUT, now that I know heroscape is dead, I know my time was wasted.

Old February 1st, 2011, 05:43 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
WotC isn't making heroscape anymore? Are you sure? Anyways, I usually buy stuff from amazon.com who's prices are ok. But guess what, only making 7.00 a week isn't a good outlook. I was just getting annoyed with waiting at least two weeks for 5 little plastic dudes. I started the petition to save some money for me and everyone else. BUT, now that I know heroscape is dead, I know my time was wasted.
Where have you been? The only reason that they are supporting GenCon is they have excess packs and stuff.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:44 PM

Lumen is surprisingly tart

Given what ebay prices have become, one would think that there would be some kind of opportunity to capitalize on a limited reprint.

Churn out 1000 cases of waves 2,3,4,6,7 and 9, charge $75-100 a case, I'm pretty sure the market would eat those up. If you're just going to sell these in bulk you don't even need shelf-ready packaging. Toss them in a plain cardboard box with the cards in an envelope and the figures in packing peanuts.

Obviously, you could do the same with other currently ungettable expansions. Lower your production costs and increase your prices. Charge $50 for Aquilla's Alliance. I saw someone pay $150 for it used.

Oh well, it's a nice dream.
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Quote:
Where have you been? The only reason that they are supporting GenCon is they have excess packs and stuff.
clearly I've been living under a rock. Excuse me while I rethink my childhood...
JK, I've only been a scaper for about a year.

Man I wish I had good figure skills. Then I could make some expansions of my own and sell em'.

Old February 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
No, They've always have supported Gencon along with many other events, WOTC Still has a large amount of HS stock left so they will countinue to support the game as they have.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old February 1st, 2011, 07:33 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No, They've always have supported Gencon along with many other events, WOTC Still has a large amount of HS stock left so they will countinue to support the game as they have.

That's what I meant. I meant the only reason they are still supporting.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News