Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old March 5th, 2018, 04:59 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline March 5th, word limit 15000

It's working. Stand by...

~TGRF.

EDIT:
Outline complete.
Basic Traits Assigned.
Advanced Traits Assigned.
Private Stakes Created.
Reader Stakes Created.
Writing...

Last edited by TGRF; March 5th, 2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old March 5th, 2018, 09:58 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline March 5th, word limit 15000

I am requesting an extension to the 8th. Should provide enough time for me to finish writing and proofread.

~TGRF.

EDIT: Writing Completed.
Entering 'Stewing' phase...

Last edited by TGRF; March 6th, 2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old March 7th, 2018, 07:06 PM

Re: Fan Fic Contest - Deadline March 8th, word limit 15000

And the moral of the story is to never count me out, even if judging day has come. I present to you, an untitled work. After writing it, I realized that while it has allies fighting as a setting, the fighting is never actually shown. Hopefully that doesn't detract too much. Be prepared for switching PoV's and times.

Note: Out of necessity, there is some brief gruesomeness.
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.
Old March 8th, 2018, 01:58 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
And the moral of the story is to never count me out, even if judging day has come. I present to you, an untitled work. After writing it, I realized that while it has allies fighting as a setting, the fighting is never actually shown. Hopefully that doesn't detract too much. Be prepared for switching PoV's and times.

Note: Out of necessity, there is some brief gruesomeness.
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.

Yeeees! Competition!

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old March 8th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Excellent. I will have the results later tonight.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 8th, 2018, 11:46 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Exclamation The Results...

Okay, I'm all read up and good to go!

First of all, let me just say that I'm glad we had both a fast competition as well as a competition at all. Keeping the prompts coming and going at a steady pace is a good idea I think, especially when it doesn't come at the cost of fewer stories in this instance.

Anyhow, the entries. Both were really good and technically fit the Prompt well enough, so I was pleased with the results as well as the different interpretations of the Prompt. So 'grats on that front. However, only one could win... ... ...

1st and 2nd Place:
Spoiler Alert!

So there's that! Congrats to [spoiler] and I look forward to the next Prompt!

~TAF, who finds deciding between these things mentally exhausting

Old March 10th, 2018, 01:44 PM

NOW he disappears....

~TGRF.
Old March 10th, 2018, 05:02 PM

@Elven Lord as per the rules, you only have until the 11th to give out a prompt. Otherwise TGRF may do so.

~TAF

Old March 10th, 2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
@Elven Lord as per the rules, you only have until the 11th to give out a prompt. Otherwise TGRF may do so.

~TAF
Anyone can. I wouldn't personally be opposed to trying my hand again.

~TGRF, who did send EL a message on FB.
Old March 12th, 2018, 05:46 PM

Well I messaged EL on FB and he said he would get the prompt up last night. I'd say we wait one more day. If there's nothing by tomorrow, then we draw straws on who gets to do the prompt. Or someone can just do it.

~TGRF.
Old March 12th, 2018, 11:51 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I'm here!

I'm sooooo sorry. I got called into work that night and then caught the flu while at work, and then this weekend I got called away to look after an elderly man and then I thought I'd posted it....sigh...adulting. I'll work it up and post it right away.

Old March 13th, 2018, 12:09 AM

Soo the long awaited prompt has three parts to it. This is a part of the story of the War of the Valkyrie which I simply MUST have. Here goes:

1) Write Drake and Raelyn's love story. The war has ended and it is time for the warriors to begin returning home. Drake has a big decision to make, go home or stay with Raelyn.

2) A flashback of their first meeting (feel free to include flashbacks from any other point in their relationship as well).

3) In the last days of the war, one of the generals summons someone (or other creature) from Drake's past (with or without intent), an old enemy, a previous lover, a sibling, or maybe just an old mentor who reinforces a lesson.

Overall, I do want this to be primarily a LOVE story (please keep the details PG), though as we all know, sometimes love is not all sunshine and daisies.

Word Limit 15,000

Spoiler Alert!

GO

:P

Last edited by Elven Lord; March 13th, 2018 at 11:28 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction