Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0
"Error code: 1 upload_max_filesize=2M"

could you grant some more max. file size please? thx...

Bye, Chicano.
Sorry Chicano, this is something we realized and intend to fix, but we're still looking into how to do it. I'll let you know when we figure it out.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:24 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
ok. thx for the info.

If itīs not too complicated: can i get more attachment size until the download area is fixed? I promise to swap all the stuff into the download area as soon as it is fixed.

I was the first one anyway to swap my stuff and the next day all was gone...

If thatīs not possible just tell me, and i will think of an other place to host the finished community project, thank you.

Bye, Chicano.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:34 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
A couple ideas:

1. Put some sort of info about who is in the chat room on the Forum Index page.
Users go in and out of chat frequently, so we would need some sort of script to auto-update such a list, but the chat feature is run from a separate code that is not integrated with this forum, so this would be impossible. Not only that, but anyone can enter chat with any username, and because the chat is not linked with our user database, there is no way for us to validate each person is the username that they are using in chat. If you see the chat "join us" message at the top of the forum page, then you know an admin is in there, at least either truth or myself, so that's the only notification that we can offer at this time.

Quote:
2. Somewhat related, I kind of miss the old HQ thing where you click on the users who are online on the Forum Index page, and it takes you to the page they are looking at.

#1 I would really dig because there are times that I see who is online and think it would be cool to catch them in chat. Especially since I am rarely online when the "regular" chat times come around.

#2 I can live without, but the voyeur in me really wants it.
To answer your #1, the best thing to do would be to PM the person to join you in chat. To #2, I kinda miss this feature to, but I don't think we need it, I don't know where we would link it (I think it is more useful to have the online names link to their profile as it does now,) and most importantly I don't know how to code such a feature from scratch.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
ok. thx for the info.

If itīs not too complicated: can i get more attachment size until the download area is fixed? I promise to swap all the stuff into the download area as soon as it is fixed.

If thatīs not possible just tell me, and i will think of an other place to host the finished community project, thank you.

Bye, Chicano.
Your attachment quota is still on the highest setting at 30MB, but I don't think this new downloads database integrates with those settings. I looked into this just now as much as I can and couldn't see a way to change this setting in the new downloads section, so I have to defer this issue to truth.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:12 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ok, new request.

How about a calendar? Something utilizing the iCalendar format would be great. It is on my workplaces list of things to do this summer, so whatever I find out I'll pass on.

Additions to the Calendar by mods/admins only, with either a process for others to submit an event that can be approved, or a thread for event listing requests.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun
Quote:
ok. thx for the info.

Bye, Chicano.
Your attachment quota is still on the highest setting at 30MB, but I don't think this new downloads database integrates with those settings. I looked into this just now as much as I can and couldn't see a way to change this setting in the new downloads section, so I have to defer this issue to truth.
I think the problem attaching it here and uploading it there if it's more than 2MB is the same. This leads me to believe it's a server issue. I have an unlimited upload size set there so I'm not sure what it is. See the download section thread for my solution.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:45 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee
Ok, new request.

How about a calendar? Something utilizing the iCalendar format would be great. It is on my workplaces list of things to do this summer, so whatever I find out I'll pass on.

Additions to the Calendar by mods/admins only, with either a process for others to submit an event that can be approved, or a thread for event listing requests.
Wow, I'm not God, but this is a cool idea. Do let me know what you find out about it, for now I will have to put it on my list of things to check into when I am free.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Wow, I'm not God, but this is a cool idea.

* takes down his funrun shrine and discards his WWFRD bracelet *

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:29 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
Wow, I'm not God, but this is a cool idea.

* takes down his funrun shrine and discards his WWFRD bracelet *
ROFL

funrun's HS Repaints
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:07 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Quote:
The legal info you suggested has been added to the bottom of every page in this site.

This would have been an excellent thing to put in my DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas thread. Just by chance I happened to read this thread and see the idea.
You might want to add something about Hasbro, since we all infringe on their IP, just a little.

and calender and DL and all of those sorts o things, Invision Power Board does them all (with lots of cool web 2.0 stuff thrown in). Sure, it's not free like phpBB, but the functionality is amazing.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey_snake
Quote:
The legal info you suggested has been added to the bottom of every page in this site.

This would have been an excellent thing to put in my DropBox for Site Improvement Ideas thread. Just by chance I happened to read this thread and see the idea.
You might want to add something about Hasbro, since we all infringe on their IP, just a little.

and calender and DL and all of those sorts o things, Invision Power Board does them all (with lots of cool web 2.0 stuff thrown in). Sure, it's not free like phpBB, but the functionality is amazing.
Actually the legal jargon is general enough that it doesn't say it belongs to it's poster etc. So there is room for interpretation inside of it.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 03:35 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Proposal for a new subsection

Hello all,

A) Even though it is fun discussing about units on this board (as will always be), some people find it tiring that the same questions pop up again and again. Many of them were already answered before or are in the FAQ section of either HeroScapers.com or on Hasbro's site.
B) Many interesting threads go for many pages and the final conclusion is often diluted amidst the discussion posts.
C) Most people, newbies and veterans, do not always go through all this information before asking and/or before answering to a question.

So…

Reading the section “Tips and trics” on Hasbro’s site I had this idea . What about creating a new subsection in the "Official HS discussion" section which would be called Official units reference section. The already existing section would become "Discussion about official units". Inside this new section would be locked threads (No discussion there!), one for each and every official army card on the market. They would be made in a standard format beginning by the army card itself (the image of it). The rest of the content has to be discussed here beforehand. Here is a list of what I would like to find there:

-The official army card
-the wave it is related to
-the bio?
-HOW IT WORKS, incliding it’s special abilities and/or special attacks (ex. Drake can be affected by ranged Special attacks and abilities)
-Strategy notes
-Good against
-Countered by
-Combos
-Official FAQ released about this army card? (ex. Negating another Morsbane)
-Comparative stats? (ex. 6 attack dice – above average)
-Other math stuff related to this army card? (ex. how does deadly strike compare to regular attack. The best way to use Q9 attack dices)

The HOW IT WORKS part is of capital importance here. Many people ask question on this site because the wording on the cards sometimes leads to interpretations and/or because of basic reading skills (remember, the game is for eight years old kids) and/or non-english speaking players like me!

The more diagrams the better (Mr.Underhill are you still around?). Many Scapers on this site are very talented at that.

Remember, I DO NOT have the time for this (see my sig. Also, english is not my first language so I would leave behind too many mistakes). Grab the idea and make it your own. Still, I do think it would be a very usefull section if people agree to put time and efforts in it. The work can easily be split between many board members and everyone here will help refining it by reading and proposing amendments. It would be a locked “work in progress” section; all discussion about it restricted to the other existing sections. No arguments, only official stuff.

So, sounds appealing? Comments? Volonteers?

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online