Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 13th, 2007, 11:24 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The venocs can do pretty well against DW8K because his defense sucks, and thus we thought the venocs would never be stopped...

But then these came out and 6 can regardlessly kill an infinite number of venocs with regeneration...

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
I would like to see how zombies would do in an all melee tournament. It would be interesting to see if they would win or not.
PoF and his lil bro played a 300 point all melee game. His lil bro used 5 squads of Zombies. I didn't see the game, but I heard the Zombies decimated his whole army. They're VERY good in an all-melee situation.
Wouldn't 6 squads of warriors of ashra be better?
Hmm. No, I'd bet on the zombies in that matchup. Zombie Onslaught breaks Defensive Agility, leading to plenty of rising again. You're going up against the zombies with melee, you want large or huge figures who won't replenish the enemy ranks.

If you absolutely must go medium melee squads, I'd suggest Einar Imperium or Shaolin Monks: multiple-attacking disengagers to kill them faster than they can rise again, then bounce away when they get ready to Onslaught you.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
I'm going to love running these guys around once the jungle terrain comes out. It'll be easier to create LOS blockers from ranged units perched on height. And the palms, (hopefuly), will provide some good cover,....seeing as how their heads are the only target zones!
Old August 8th, 2007, 07:54 PM

peeps has disabled reputation
A few interesting points on the Zombies,and in my experience they have their good and bad points. Of course luck is important in a game featuring die rolling,but anyway....

Bad points: Ranged units/flying units,quite frankly can chew your zombies up,and do to the zombie's poor movement,it's a case of wash-rinse repeat. Yes you more than likely can take pot shots with archers,and in some cases with flying types,fly in and hit and leave.Other than that,and the slowness factor,I have no complaint's.

Good points: Hordes!! Devistating in hordes,and in most cases,like everyone else said,with the right support personel. I gotta say I love me some zombies...

I used 4 squads of zombies(which do alot when in horde mode) along with Iskra Esenwein,and the Rechets of Bogdan.Pretty much any other unit you want to add to that to get a 500 point army is fine.I just either kept Iskra out of range of enemy archers,or hid Iskra behind the zombies for line of site protection(there was so many anyway) and basically did the shock and aww treatment.By the time i was in any real melee conflict I just flew to the other side of the enemy far enough to get my rolls in for the Rechets,and cleaned house.Not that I remember who else was in my 500 point army,cause I barely had to move them.

Just an example,but very effective on surrounding the enemy quick.I suppose you could add more flying units or something with speed for zombie support,but like everyone else said,"when you have the horde,it's pretty effective".

"There is no I in TEAM,but there is in SHOWTIME"
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I draft 2 squads zombies 1 Syvarris 1 squad of Zettian Guards 1 Brunak and 1 Shades of Bleakewoode For A 500 Point Army.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just fell in love with the half-rotting corpses today!

Finally got to play these guys for the first time in a battle on Annihalation Alley, and they were sooo much fun to play and they can really hold their own as well!!

Early in the game (530pts) due to really poor defense rolling on my part and outstanding attacks on my opponent's side, I was whittled down to nothing but 10 Zombies on the field, up against an opposing army of freshly dropped Airborne Elite, 9 Knights, Sir Gilbert (slightly wounded), and 3 WOA... Oh, and one of those 9 knights was also standing on the +1 Attack Glyph too!!!! Needless to say, things looked quite grim. The map has good elevation points and is rather hilly in many spots, so I thought the game was going to end in that one round, now that the AE had just dropped in and could fire away from afar.

HOWEVER, my zombies mindlessly plowed ahead and engaged the enemy. And proceeded to not only survive the onslaught of the AE's grenades and pumped up - height advantaged ranged attacks, but ended up killing and converting 110% more zombies: 5 knights, Sir Giblert, 2 AE, and all 3 WOA (thank goodness for the zombies special attack!!). In all, my 10 remaining zombies chalked up 11 kills and zombie conversions before finally succumbing to the remaining 4 knights and 2 AE.

It was a nightmare situation, with slow 4-movement melee squads up against freshly dropped AE on height with plenty of backup power, but the Zombies showed me what they could do even in adverse circumstances!!

But even more important than how tough these guys can be and how hard they are to kill (and to keep them dead!) they are a blast to play!! It was a beautiful moment when Sir Gilbert joined my merry band and rose up as a fellow zombie to turn on his own beloved knights. Glorious!

Anyway, just wanted to share my newfound love with the brain-munching corpses!

carry on....

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old September 17th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These guys and the glads/blasts are my favorite swarm units. I love moving all those squad figures per turn, and both the Zombies and the Gladiatrons have that "Get it off me!" fear factor when they engage you.

After work tonight I'm stopping by to pick up a fourth pack of them. Zombies x8, coming soon to a gaming table near you! Can't wait to get SotM and play all Zombies and new Raelin in a 500-point game. Or at 600, you could go half Zombies, half Stingers....
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM

marro_master has disabled reputation
zombies are always fun, when ur using them. when ur fighting u are gonna have a tough time. my bro uses the kyries wing to hide their heads so range is impossible. i should try that! but even i laugh when i see my marro running from a zombie hoard

(stinger) (drudge)
thats basicly our zombie battles

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old October 11th, 2007, 07:01 PM

agent-gorillanators has disabled reputation
they combine there attacks into one. run away. they are really good. watch out if your enemy is using them.

vydar vydar you always win.
vydar vydar you make me grin
vydar vydar agents and gorillias to.
vydar vydar I LOVE YOU
Old October 11th, 2007, 07:05 PM

Overlord Hikash is surprisingly tart
Watch out? Honestly, I've never seen the zombies do much of anything. Well, other than get mowed down. They're just... blah. I've never drafted them... and I don't see myself doing so in the future.
Old October 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Hikash
Watch out? Honestly, I've never seen the zombies do much of anything. Well, other than get mowed down. They're just... blah. I've never drafted them... and I don't see myself doing so in the future.
Yeah, they're honestly not that great unless you have huge masses of them. In which case they are incredibly epic and effective.
Old October 12th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
They can be very effective you just have to play them right. Sure if you try to get a ranged squad killed with these guys your going to get killed but if you hold those ranged units with the Deathreavers and pick off the 1 Ranged guys advancing you can do a lot of damage with them.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units