Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old December 16th, 2017, 12:29 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Project 500 - Redux

I've scaled back my collection and no longer have everything on these lists, but thanks for the bump on this. I downloaded the excel file for quick, thematic army ideas. 500 pt thematic armies are my favorite way to play and there are some interesting ones here.
Old February 9th, 2020, 09:28 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Bumping this thread to say that I think this project is really terrific for introducing people to the game and keeping them interested in their early days of playing.

Using this project means that those players get lots of choice for what to play, but not so much that there is decision paralysis. Just give them the instruction that they are all good choices and to choose what looks cool or fun or whatever. Combine that with keeping those early games light and fun (seriously, don't crush them) and I think this becomes a really useful tool in recruiting people to becoming long term players.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; February 10th, 2020 at 09:25 AM. Reason: typos
Old February 9th, 2020, 11:16 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Bumping this thread to say that I think this project is really terrific for introducing people to the game and keeping them interested in their early days of playing.

Using this means that those players get lots of choice for what to play, but not so much that there is decision paralysis. Just give them the instruction that they are all good choices to choose choose what looks cool or fun or whatever. Combine that with keeping those early games light and fun (seriously, don't crush them) and I really do think this becomes a really useful tool in recruiting people to becoming long term players.
Echoing what Xorlof says!
Old February 10th, 2020, 09:19 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks gents, I appreciate it!

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old July 14th, 2020, 09:01 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’m sure it would be a huge undertaking but a VC inclusive list like this would be incredible. There is such a thing as too many choices lol, it’s hard to get around to all the units enough.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old July 14th, 2020, 07:01 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
I’m sure it would be a huge undertaking but a VC inclusive list like this would be incredible. There is such a thing as too many choices lol, it’s hard to get around to all the units enough.
I've kinda been working on something like this except leaning more competitively so strictly 500pts and allowing duplicate figures in armies (revolving pretty much around Marro Warriors, Raelin 1.0, and Marcu alongside a few others that fill competitive armies nicely).

Basically instead of building an army using each unit in the game, I'm building the best army for each unit in the game. If a unit like the Roman Legionnaires include Mogrimm in their best army, and that is also the best army for Mogrimm, that army is only included once, etc.

I have 88 armies from each Bread and Butter squad right now. Don't have any Hero based armies done for things like Elves, Constructs, etc. done yet.
Old July 20th, 2020, 05:52 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
I've kinda been working on something like this except leaning more competitively so strictly 500pts and allowing duplicate figures in armies (revolving pretty much around Marro Warriors, Raelin 1.0, and Marcu alongside a few others that fill competitive armies nicely).

Basically instead of building an army using each unit in the game, I'm building the best army for each unit in the game. If a unit like the Roman Legionnaires include Mogrimm in their best army, and that is also the best army for Mogrimm, that army is only included once, etc.

I have 88 armies from each Bread and Butter squad right now. Don't have any Hero based armies done for things like Elves, Constructs, etc. done yet.

That's a pretty different goal than the aim of this project, but it's a really cool idea!

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion