Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 13th, 2014, 09:39 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Louisiana 2014 Spring Tournament - Rebooted!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LA HeroScape Spring 2014 Tournament

Join the Battle for Valhalla
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There will be prizes!
Tournament begins at 11:30 at the Vernon Parish Library in Lessville, LA on Thursday April 24.
500 Point armies, C3V and sov units allowed, no marvel. Standard Kill ‘em all format.
Don’t know how to play, but want to? Learn to play sessions begin at 11:00.
Don’t have an Army? One will be supplied.
The above is copied and pasted directly from the fliers I will begin to hand out tomorrow. I don't expect anyone from out of town, but may as well post here anyway. I may schedule a second tournament on either May 2 or
late May as well. Double the playing time, double the fun, right?

Additional Information

Maps I will bring are the BoV's Road Rampage, Elswin Plateau, and Ticalla Sunrise, as well as Panopticon's Arcane Sanctum. I have asked my friends to bring BoV's Embattled Fen, Turret Rocks, and Swamp Thing. If anyone else could bring a map that would be great, but since I am inviting a lot of "noobs" and teaching them the game beforehand, just note that I intentionally am not making use of things beyond roads, forest, and jungle.

The tournament will be conducted with everyone being randomly paired with another opponent for the first round. For the second, third, and fourth rounds, everyone will be randomly paired again, but will never play the same person twice. At the fifth round, each person will be paired with someone who has the same W/L record as them, and the winner will be decided in this "Championship Round" of a sort. Each round will be limited to 50 minutes.

Prizes won't be too shiny, but I do have an unopened Heroes of Bleakwoode, and am ordering a Confrontation Starter Set and printing the C3V cards for it. I plan to let 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pick one prize each from the table in that order, but I need ideas for the third prize.

To everyone, this is a great opportunity to introduce somebody you know who takes an interest in 'Scaping but isn't versed in its ways. I am doing this as a way to build the 'Scapers community in my town.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.

Last edited by elvenwizard9; April 16th, 2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old April 13th, 2014, 09:56 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Louisiana 2014 Spring Tournament - 'Scape for Jesus

1. Elven Wizard IX
2. Elven Wizard's Assitant TD
3. Elven Wizard's Other Assistant TD
4. PENDING: Elven Wizard's Mildly Helpful Almost TD
5. PENDING: Elven Wizard's Nerdy Friend
6. PENDING: Elven Wizard's Nerdy Friend's Brother
7. PENDING: Elven Wizard's Noob Friend
8. PENDING: Elven Wizard's Noob Female Friend

The number of slots will increase depending on the number of maps we have. With 7, the cap is 14. The "pendings" are people I think will come but am not 100% clear on. There are other people who could come who haven't been reached yet, so they will be added to or removed from the list as time goes on.

Old April 14th, 2014, 07:17 PM

Re: Louisiana 2014 Spring Tournament - CANCELLED

"Hey, (insert my first name here), I looked into HeroScape a bit more and I think it may be a little dark to play in church. Have you though of any other venues?" - Words of my pastor to me in a recent text message.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:06 PM

Re: Louisiana 2014 Spring Tournament - Rebooted!

Entry fee removed, location changed to Vernon Parish Library. Times also changed.

Old April 25th, 2014, 04:21 PM

Re: Louisiana 2014 Spring Tournament - Rebooted!

So now that it's all over, I figured I'd tell a bit about how it went.

So I taught three new people the game and they all enjoyed themselves. I went 5-0 yet still placed third because of my weird formatting. We played five rounds, the first four being a kind of rolling rumble style game, though not really. It was structured rounds with a time limit of fifty minutes, but the opponents were random. The final round was the Championship Round - we counted the amount of points killed and averaged them to determine placement, then determined the winner of the top two in the Championship, whereas everyone else played the person who had the closest score to them. All of the top three were undefeated- myself included - but my point average was just a few behind the others, as a couple of my wins were more narrow scrapes. I have the feeling that if either of them had played a game against me they might not have gone the whole tourney undefeated until the final round.

I brought three maps - Road Rampage, Ticalla Sunrise, and Elswin Plateau. My friend brought Embattled Fen, and my other friend was going to bring Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh, but it feel apart in the car. Oh well, we had just enough maps - four maps to support eight players.

I'll write up my game reports in my battle report thread. Thanks to all that came, even though none of them are on this site (I'll continue pestering them!).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events