Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > Public Designs
Public Designs This is the work area for all threads that are in designs in the public.

Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:39 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Demogorgon Stalker - Initial Playtest

Posting up the 2 completed games for now if you want to take a look and want any changes before a second game.

As is, definitely not worth 190 points. Taking 2 of them was probably the only way to get the map in play, but it was an awkward road to accomplish with the Order Marker restriction.

Two immediate considerations: Point drop, probably at least 10-20, would consider ending them in 5 for help in the Slasher/Tormentor faction.

Second, don't restrict to adjacent for selecting a foe to drag. They obviously have to be adjacent to drag to the nether, but letting you pick other foes gives more of the chase/dragging feel, and can potentially set up Demogorgon team drags. Might be worth upping the life remaining for that, but that might be more of a post-initial change.

Let me know if you want me to try any of that, or any other things you think might be valid. Haven't seen much of the show, so going off of limited knowledge.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Demogorgon Stalker
Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Demogorgon Stalker x2, Chucky, Pinhead (800) vs Wrecking Crew (800)
Unit Summary
Damage: 6 Damage total (3 each)
Abilities: Moved 3 times each between maps.
Spoiler Alert!

Unit Summary
Damage: 1 Damage Dealt
Abilities: Moved to the map to try and get some damage on Sue, led to a dogpile that got it killed.
Spoiler Alert!

Unit Summary
Damage: 5 Damage Dealt
Abilities: Drug Wolverine and later Deadpool into the water for a kill.
Spoiler Alert!

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Still definitely a tough one to land down pat. The drag is a nice effect if you want to keep him viable, but it does run the risk of just being the main play instead of going to the Upside Down.

Last edited by LordVenoc; March 22nd, 2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:42 AM

Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks a ton LV!
I'll officially drop to 175 points then, see if that works.
How would you reword the drag power?
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:50 AM

Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby!

Also I think something we were working on was to encourage only running one (price concerns, but that's more thematic as well), so if there's anything that would help with that it's be good to know.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:54 AM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Best way to encourage only one is to jack up the cost a bit. Raising defense to 3 and life to 6 or 7 should have a significant impact.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:54 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As of now, definitely doesn't feel worth bringing two. Only being able to pop one onto the map with Pinhead is big for that. Only issue I might see with 175 is sharing a point total with both Jason and Freddy. Might be worth upping the wounds they can pull on to 3 to maybe get it to 185, unless you want to try and take them lower (which may still be totally valid at the 2 wounds).

Also did want to suggest moving the roll on the Upside down to a D20 for easier tweaking with the wounds and escapes, especially since as is, Magical Defense and Environmental Suit folks are technically stuck permanently.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:58 AM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Especially since as is, Magical Defense and Environmental Suit folks are technically stuck permanently.
That just means you shouldn’t choose those figures. You’ll end up in a draw if each player ends up with a figure on each battlefield per our removing terrain rules.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 12:00 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Especially since as is, Magical Defense and Environmental Suit folks are technically stuck permanently.
That just means you shouldn’t choose those figures. You’ll end up in a draw if each player ends up with a figure on each battlefield per our removing terrain rules.
Ah, I was more working off of how the Astral Plane worked as that wasn't "part of the battlefield" and thus didn't count toward win conditions.

Don't know theme-wise if they should be stuck or not.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 12:19 PM

Oh dang, nice catch LordVenoc! Should be fixed now.
I like the Defense and Life where they're at, if we wanna boost I could possibly see them at 6 Life.
3 might be a little high, but it could be done. That'd be folks like Daredevil at 1 wound being susceptible, which is harder to see. We could weaken them/reduce them to squads and very wounded at just 1 Life if it wouldn't kill the use of the power. They'd be cheaper and it might be more thematic since they really only took defenseless kids.

edit: no yeah, I think they were stuck cause it was after the die rolling bit, which is how they get out, I just moved it to after the skull bit.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 12:23 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Oh dang, nice catch LordVenoc! Should be fixed now.
I like the Defense and Life where they're at, if we wanna boost I could possibly see them at 6 Life.
3 might be a little high, but it could be done. That'd be folks like Daredevil at 1 wound being susceptible, which is harder to see. We could weaken them/reduce them to squads and very wounded at just 1 Life if it wouldn't kill the use of the power. They'd be cheaper and it might be more thematic since they really only took defenseless kids.

edit: no yeah, I think they were stuck cause it was after the die rolling bit, which is how they get out.
I think it just depends how much use you want out of the Upside Down map. In two games I only pulled someone once, but I admittedly was testing start zone bombing potential (spoiler alert, it doesn't work well).

All depends on what you want out of em. As of now, you'd have to drop a lot I'd say for taking multiple with Pinhead to feel worth it, so if you're concerned that a smaller drop will do that, I'd say don't worry there.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 12:29 PM

Right now, I see them as squad killers, now that we know start zone bombing doesn't work well, I'm curious how well they do against like Hired Guns or Unique Squads like that. And maybe they can function more like jackals or vultures, picking off the wounded after the early game battle.

edit: Looking at the 2 Lifers again, I think I'd like to just have it be 1 Life and lower their cost (there are Alien Drones, Doombots, and Manhunters in there). How much would they be worth if it was at 1 Life for the grab power?
Old March 22nd, 2021, 01:29 PM
Book Wyrm

Re: The Book of Demogorgon - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
NAME = DEMOGORGON STALKER

SPECIES = DEMOGORGON
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = TORMENTOR
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 175

THE UPSIDE DOWN
At the start of the game, place all Demogorgons you control on any empty spaces in the Upside Down instead of your start zone. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of moving normally, you may place this Demogorgon Stalker on any empty space on any battlefield in this game.

DRAGGED INTO THE NETHER
Before taking a turn with this Demogorgon Stalker, you may choose an opponent’s small or medium figure in clear sight of this Demogorgon Stalker with 3 or less Life remaining. Whenever this Demogorgon Stalker moves or is moved in any way, you may place the chosen figure adjacent to this Demogorgon Stalker and it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

UNSTOPPABLE RESILIENCE
If this Demogorgon Stalker would receive one or more wounds, ignore one of those wounds.
I can try it like this a little later if you are cool with it. Definitely don't think steering into Squad killer is a good idea, most things that try and go that way generally feel pretty useless against a lot of builds. I can try keeping it at 2 as well if you want, either way I'll be keeping him back a bit longer than I did the first games.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 02:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I haven't been keeping a close eye on this, but wanted to just drop in after seeing the last exchange. I agree with LV's thoughts on squad killing designs in the metagame. Unlike Classicscape, C3G is much more hero focused in nature so the designs that take on heroes effectively are more universally useful than those that take out squads effectively. That being said, the theme here would be spot on for him in that role. This is a monster we see terrorizing kids in a small town. We haven't seen how they perform vs. trained human combat troops much less super powered beings with advanced gear. I'd expect that if Black Widow (170 points) had been hiding out in Indiana and got pulled into this story line, that she wouldn't have had much trouble dispatching one. So being a terrifying presence on the board for street thugs and beat cops, while being only a minor diversion for 150+ point types seems accurate. The lone 'trained' hero of this story is Sheriff Hopper and I imagine his card would be somewhere in the neighborhood of Comm. Gordon (90 points).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > Public Designs