Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old December 30th, 2016, 10:32 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post

(At Gencon, there are space and terrain constraints. "What map do we have that uses only set X and set Z, is small enough, and that we haven't used recently". If the only criteria was 'is this a fair and fun map', we'd have a lot more flexibility.
If you're aware of a great map that's never been played at Gencon, let us know. It may be that it is too large or uses terrain that we have little of. Or it may actually be that we haven't seen it.)
This is why I really like the map makers that put the dimensions (in Inches or or cm NOT hexes) on the pdf. It's so nice to sort through by size.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 30th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
I think some of the ideas suggested here seems so different from the BoV that it makes little sense to still call it the BoV. Better to just make a new thread and, as it succeeds (or not) it will be used (or not).
@Tiranx , @TREX and I have been in communication these last 3 months or so planning and working on a new map thread where tournament directors can go for high quality, competitive maps. Our design will be similar to the format we used for our most recent map building contest, The Ruins of Valhalla (and now currently the Wilds of Valhalla).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; January 19th, 2017 at 12:07 AM. Reason: added - wilds of valhalla
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:09 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

So when browsing through the list of group memberships available in this forum, I noticed this one:
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Judges for the successor group to the BoV

With Group leaders: @Sir Heroscape , @Tiranx , & @TREX
Is this new project being worked on in secret, as I have not seen any public discussion on it since the post above from the end of last year. Maybe I should have just PMed the leaders, but am curious into any progress.
Old April 10th, 2017, 10:18 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
So when browsing through the list of group memberships available in this forum, I noticed this one:
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Judges for the successor group to the BoV
With Group leaders: @Sir Heroscape , @Tiranx , & @TREX
Is this new project being worked on in secret, as I have not seen any public discussion on it since the post above from the end of last year. Maybe I should have just PMed the leaders, but am curious into any progress.
We are getting ready to blow this one up Shhh...

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:27 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Hello! I couldn't find this information anywhere else but I do not want to shift through 5k posts to find it. I am using the map Arctic Divide. I downloaded the PDF and built it but the PDF fails to state if the snow and ice are heavy and slippery respectfully or not. Thanks.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old February 19th, 2018, 12:29 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Hello! I couldn't find this information anywhere else but I do not want to shift through 5k posts to find it. I am using the map Arctic Divide. I downloaded the PDF and built it but the PDF fails to state if the snow and ice are heavy and slippery respectfully or not. Thanks.
I believe it is normal snow and normal ice.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 19th, 2018, 12:34 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Oh thank goodness this is what I was using. Thanks so much!

Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:10 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The designer left it open but he did have a preference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago View Post
Thank you for the nomination for perusal and a personal thank you for thinking that one of my maps is worthy enough to be nominated. I will respectfully bow out of any discussions involving Arctic Divide. I will add, however, that Heavy Snow and/or Heavy Ice is not determined on the map itself. My personal preference was for both to be Heavy, but the Heavy/Light factor is ultimately left up to the user of the map. Tundra, so far, is the only terrain whose effects can change upon the decision of the map user.
Most of the times i've seen it used it was heavy snow normal ice. I believe we actually reviewed accounting for that variance.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; February 23rd, 2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: but hell its been 12 years; i could be mis-remembering
Old February 23rd, 2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The designer left it open but he did have a preference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago View Post
Thank you for the nomination for perusal and a personal thank you for thinking that one of my maps is worthy enough to be nominated. I will respectfully bow out of any discussions involving Arctic Divide. I will add, however, that Heavy Snow and/or Heavy Ice is not determined on the map itself. My personal preference was for both to be Heavy, but the Heavy/Light factor is ultimately left up to the user of the map. Tundra, so far, is the only terrain whose effects can change upon the decision of the map user.
Most of the times i've seen it used it was heavy snow normal ice. I believe we actually reviewed accounting for that variance.
For my intent and purposes to be as official as possible I will use heavy snow and normal ice and argue for this to be the default due to it being judged off of these parameters.

Old August 19th, 2018, 05:58 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

In the BoV display thread, Ice Blossom is incorrectly listed in the 1x Road to the Forgotten Forest section.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:00 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
In the BoV display thread, Ice Blossom is incorrectly listed in the 1x Road to the Forgotten Forest section.
I see what you are saying. It looks like it is in the right section, but missing TT in the parenthesis. I'm not sure who has access to that original post to edit that.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 23rd, 2018, 03:32 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I see what you are saying. It looks like it is in the right section, but missing TT in the parenthesis. I'm not sure who has access to that original post to edit that.
I don't have time to go hunting for it right now, but if one of you guys will drop me a direct link to it, I can fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios