Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 13th, 2017, 08:20 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
AYP's Customs--Nefereth the Fear-Eater

I don't design much myself, mostly for lack of wanting to hunt around for minis. Still, I've participated occasionally in custom competitions or other design events, so I wanted to go ahead and collect all that stuff in one place and keep it organized.

The designs below are listed in reverse order of creation--newest at the top, oldest at the bottom.

NEFERETH

(card by me)

SIR ASHFORD

(card by me)

VORELANJ

(card by Dr. Goomonkey)

DREAD LOCUST DRAGOON

(card by Dr. Goomonkey)

EHECATL

(card by Dr. Goomonkey)

Old OP with very self-indulgent niche designs:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by All Your Pie; December 7th, 2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old October 9th, 2019, 05:08 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AYP's Customs--SIR ASHFORD

Going to maintain this thread a little bit more and actually collect any designs I've made here, including my custom contest entries.

I do have something new here though, which is a design I was planning to use for the current custom competition and had already mostly drafted out before realizing I misread the rules. Oops! It was no Jandar or Utgar, not must be Jandar or Utgar.

Well, this guy's Utgar as they come, and I didn't really feel like the figure belonged to any other general. I may see if I can find an alternate entry for the contest, but for now I wanted to post this design here anyway.

SIR ASHFORD

I had a lot of fun with this design--in general, I enjoy working out how to make standalone heroes with decent offensive oomph without going overboard. If Sir Ashford can land the killing blow on a hardy opponent's hero, the resulting explosion of cursed fire can decimate that player's army. Of course, setting that up is easier said then done, and Sir Ashford doesn't have the defense to stay in the middle of pitched battle taking too many swings. Desecration Inferno is still useful on squads though, so he's not totally toothless against them.

In theory, anyway. I haven't put this guy through his paces yet, but I may try and make time for it. I don't actually recommend buying the figure regardless, as it seems like it's a rare and expensive one from a recent D&D line. It's the "Narzugon on Nightmare" from Descent into Avernus I believe.

This is also my first go at making my own card, using X-2 for the text and formatting and editing in my own image and hit zone. It went...okay, apart from my extremely lazy application of smoke. If I had the physical mini, though, I would probably photograph it from a different angle so that I could get a figure image without the horse's face being awkwardly cut off.
Old October 10th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like Sir Ashford a lot. Terrifying is a fitting personality given the potential his powers have. I don't know how effective he'd actually be as far as racking up huge numbers of kills at once, but the threat he poses would force folks to change how they position their armies kind of like what Zelrig does.

At first glance I thought 8 Life looked way too high, but given that he has no good way to escape from engagement once he rushes in (like of like how Sir Dupius has his pseudo Disengage), it makes sense to me.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 11th, 2019, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the comments! 8 life definitely stands out on this design, and I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way yet. That's the dial I'm most likely to tune if/when I get some tests in here. Thematically, I felt the need to represent his armor and undead status with some extra survivability without cranking up defense above 3. 6 life would still be plenty tough though.

I've got some time off coming up, so I'll try and slip this guy in between my judge testing. Only real synergy this guy has is Ornak so I'll probably run that first.
Old December 7th, 2019, 04:18 PM

I intended to do some more testing before I posted this guy here, but it's been a bit and I might as well get my custom contest entry up in the thread.

So here's my entry, Nefereth.

The basic mechanic of changing a figure's left box stats as a bonding counterdraft is one I've been floating around for a while now, and this figure seemed perfect for it. As a Wolf Darklord, he has synergy with the Varkanaan and the Badru.

I've done a little bit of testing for Nefereth, and I'm not sure I'm in love with him yet. A few things stick out to me:

1. Nefereth does something that the Werewolf Lord does way, way easier. The Werewolf Lord can do more things with it, but is much easier to play around. I don't want to be overly limited by the capabilities of a not very strong unit when it comes to this design space, though.
2. The ability to just "shut down" a bonding unit can be a little unfun to play against. Combined with regeneration from Fear-Eater, it can seem a little bit too difficult to prevent in any reasonable way.
3. The figure stretches the definition of "wolf" a little bit. I did actually buy the figure, though, and I'm less concerned about this now than I was. The Anubians have always had a bit of body horror going on, and putting Nefereth under Valkrill helps to explain his more grotesque anatomy in my mind. I could also just make him a demon, but I don't really want to do that.

I'm considering lowering the range of Stalking Paranoia and adjusting life down to 5, though I have a few things on my plate before I get back to this guy. Luckily, the figure is fairly available, so I'm not on too strict of a deadline if I decide to try SoV submission in the future.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards