Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 29th, 2014, 02:49 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
The Book of Johnny Quick

The Book of Johnny Quick

C3G DC WAVE 39
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origin set.
Its model number and name are #092 / Johnny Quick.

Character Bio - Johnny Quick is a member of the Crime Syndicate of Amerika with the power of super-speed. The man who would become Johnny Quick was originally a drug addict who killed another speedster, and processed that speedster's blood into a synthetic chemical. This "Speed Juice" allowed him to attain a certain degree of superspeed, but he grew addicted to it, further damaging his physical condition and causing him withdrawal symptoms when his "Speed Juice" runs out. As a member of the Crime Syndicate, Johnny and his teammates preside over the Earth of the Antimatter Universe. In this Universe, everything is opposite: hearts on are the right side of the chest, Benedict Arnold was the hero of the Amerikan Revolution (and instilled his ideals over George Washington's), and Evil usually conquers Good. So much so, that even the Justice League could not overcome this "Physical Law" of the Antimatter Universe and could only "win" by choosing to leave so that the Crime Syndicate could defeat their common enemy. This Universe used to be inhabited by many heroes (good versions of Earth-1 villains), but most have been annihilated by the Crime Syndicate over time. Because of this, the Crime Syndicate are constantly looking for new challenges.

Johnny Quick is the only known possessor of super-speed in his universe, and the extent of his super-speed limits are not known though he seems able to hold his own in direct combat with the Flash (Wally West), who was considered to be the fastest of the known Flashes. But Johnny Quick is NOT able to break the light speed barrier or the dimensional barrier between the matter and antimatter realities on his own power levels.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits ReceivedSynergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A
-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Viegon (design heavily changed)
  • Initial playtest: quozl
  • Second playtest: Ronin
  • Third playtest: Soundwarp SG-1 (defense and cost changed after this test)
  • Fourth playtest: Arkham
  • Fifth playtest: Ronin
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 13th, 2021 at 03:25 PM.
Old January 29th, 2014, 02:55 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Johnny Quick CSA: Designing

NAME = JOHNNY QUICK

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = THIEF
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 230

SPEED FORCE
Johnny Quick may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After Johnny Quick's turn, if he did not attack, you may either move him up to an additional 4 spaces, or choose up to 3 figures Johnny Quick moved through this turn and roll an unblockable attack die against each chosen figure.

SPEED DODGE STRIKE 4
When Johnny Quick defends against an attack, if you roll at least one blank, Johnny Quick takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces. If Johnny Quick ends this movement adjacent to the attacking figure, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against the attacking figure.

SPEEDSTER BURNOUT
Whenever you roll an unblockable attack die for Johnny Quick's Speed Force or Speed Dodge Strike special power, if a blank is rolled, Johnny Quick's turn immediately ends and all special powers on this card are negated until the end of the round.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; February 4th, 2021 at 11:30 PM.
Old January 29th, 2014, 04:39 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

First off OP. Why is "of the Crime Syndicate" part of the book heading. I don't believe that's required. Why did you remove the picture & PDF links. This makes it easy for me when I add the cards.

Now the design. Overall looks good. I am a little surprised to see an attack of 5 though - I don't think he should be at Batman's level. I think there will need to be a limit added to Vibrational Lobotomy for the number of figures he can use it against. With his move of 12 I think that power is too huge mixed with a defense of 4 & Speed Dodge, it's way too powerful without any drawbacks or costs.
Old January 29th, 2014, 05:48 AM
C3G's First Fan

Well, haven't done this in a while and I thought they went in the SP. I can look that up and fix it tomorrow. Haven't got art yet, but I'll work on that tomorrow too.

The 5 Attack was because he had no multi-attack but I see your point. I'll change that after Breathing Period.

The Crime Syndicate part was just to differentiate him from Johnny Chambers of the JSA. I'll remove it before release too.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old January 29th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, the Vibrational power is the one to figure out. Is that the revised wording? It still seems "off."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old January 29th, 2014, 06:08 PM
C3G's First Fan

OP is fixed.

I'm totally open to any wording suggestions or limitations on Vibrational Lobotomy, just waiting on some to consider.

Right now, this is the update I'm looking at to the OP in 10 hours.
Spoiler Alert!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; January 29th, 2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I believe "one single" is redundant.

Old January 29th, 2014, 06:13 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
OP is fixed.

I'm totally open to any wording suggestions or limitations on Vibrational Lobotomy, just waiting on some to consider.

You could use Wally's Speed Force instead of both Superspeeed and Vibrational Lobotomy:
Quote:
SPEED FORCE
Johnny Quick may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. If Johnny Quick did not attack this turn, he may either move up to an additional 4 spaces, or you may choose up to 3 figures Johnny Quick moved through this turn and roll an unblockable attack die against each chosen figure.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
I think there will need to be a limit added to Vibrational Lobotomy for the number of figures he can use it against. With his move of 12 I think that power is too huge mixed with a defense of 4 & Speed Dodge, it's way too powerful without any drawbacks or costs.
Well, my attempt was to word it so that it replaces the attack phase. If I did that correctly, he could not use it in conjunction with Speed Dodge because it only has a movement phase and no attack phase.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old January 29th, 2014, 07:42 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
OP is fixed.

You could use Wally's Speed Force instead of both Superspeeed and Vibrational Lobotomy:
Quote:
SPEED FORCE
Johnny Quick may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. If Johnny Quick did not attack this turn, he may either move up to an additional 4 spaces, or you may choose up to 3 figures Johnny Quick moved through this turn and roll an unblockable attack die against each chosen figure.
That actually could work if others are OK with it, thematically he is the same guy, so it works too. How would people feel about bumping his Attack down to 3 and adding Whirlwind Assault to the design?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old January 29th, 2014, 08:54 PM

Yeah, I like those changes, especially if he's supposed to be Wally's mirror.

Old January 29th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Which specific version of Johnny Quick is this? Looking him up I can't see any real confirmation that he's named Wally (or Wallace) West, or that he utilizes the Speed Force (though I think all current DC speedsters do, so, that might be moot).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library