Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 27th, 2016, 12:15 AM

misterdoctor Woo who?
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Thanks for prompt response and sorry for lack of clarity -- yes, I mean maps/scenarios that are designed with the assumption that one player will be using Marro armies. "Desecrated Mine" is a good example, like I say. I suppose we could just go with one of the SotM rulebook scenarios, otherwise, but I was hoping to locate some larger maps that combine SotM with other sets/expansions like "Desecrated Mine" does ... just because I love playing on bigger maps ...
Old December 27th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sorry, no help here.

Someone more knowledgeable of maps and scenarios may be able to help though.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 27th, 2016, 12:28 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Maybe some of the maps from the Ruins of Valhalla would be to your liking.

I like Ruined Pier myself.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 27th, 2016, 12:41 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@misterdoctor See Official Maps & Scenarios, including All Official Maps & Scenarios PDF. Again, you can add a Hive to any army and put in in the start zone or even up more if you want, but from those official scenarios, the only one that I see designed for the Hive that are outside of the SotM Rulebook and can be made with the sets you have is the Outpost of Malodorr Swamp. There are a bunch more that have SotM but require the Ticalla Jungle Expansion, especially good for you would be the first three Lost Scenarios. If you don't want to pay ridiculous prices for TJ or can't get it in time, you can get some aquarium plants as cheap jungle brush - they are 99 cents at Wal-mart, and then either proxy Forrest trees as jungle trees or did what I and others have done and get a Dinosaur playset for them.
Old December 27th, 2016, 02:55 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but do you have to declare which common squad figures didn't move prior to attacking?

So if I have 6 Knights of Weston and 2 of them move, but do I have to declare which of the other four didn't move before I can attack with any or can I wait until after I see if the two that moved do any damage?

The FAQ isn't much help. It sounds like you would have to declare it, but I have played the other way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Official FAQ
Does each individual member of the squad move and attack
before the next one, or do they all move, then all attack in
turn?
First you may move any or all Squad figures shown on your
chosen Army Card (up to the figure limit on that Army Card), if
you want to. Then after all desired movement, you may attack
with those figures.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
QC3 CHOPS Grand Chamion Announced
mac122 is the Best HeroScape Chef

What is The MollusClash's biggest radio hit?
Spoiler Alert!
Dr.Goomonkey is Toril Elemental...
in BLUE CAVE
Old December 27th, 2016, 03:15 PM

You can wait and see.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 27th, 2016, 03:26 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't quote a rulebook or FAQ, but you cannot "wait and see". You must select all figures during the movement phase. Think of them as moving 0 spaces. Then attack with those figures.
Old December 27th, 2016, 04:00 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was doing some digging because I wanted to find an official source to quote and was shocked to find a source contradicting what I stated...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15820

I really don't like this rule. It feels wrong. It's much cleaner to indicate all your movements (even if 0 spaces) then attack with those that "moved". I've clearly not been playing this way and will have to try to adjust. As if commons needed any extra help. I'm having a hard time accepting this.
Old December 27th, 2016, 04:25 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool, that's how I've always played, and I thought that was right but reading the FAQ made me wonder enough to ask...

Thanks, good to have clarification.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
QC3 CHOPS Grand Chamion Announced
mac122 is the Best HeroScape Chef

What is The MollusClash's biggest radio hit?
Spoiler Alert!
Dr.Goomonkey is Toril Elemental...
in BLUE CAVE
Old December 27th, 2016, 07:54 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

What are the cards called with the adjusted Point Values? I can't seem to remember it.

My Maps
Located in/near Eastern Ohio? Join us for NHSD October 23rd!
Old December 27th, 2016, 08:05 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
What are the cards called with the adjusted Point Values? I can't seem to remember it.
Heroscape Legacy

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33571
Old December 27th, 2016, 08:07 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Heroscape Legacy

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33571
Thank you!

My Maps
Located in/near Eastern Ohio? Join us for NHSD October 23rd!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's