Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old August 7th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Official Scenario: RoB The Hydra's Lair Room 2

The Hydra's Lair Room 2

The river of blood rushes back towards the stair with a torrent of speed. Mired in shadow, the Hydra’s lair sits atop a perch of rock that tell all who enter who controls this area.

Your enemies lie at your feet. One badly injured drow still draws breath. He uses that breath to curse you in his native tongue. You press him for information about the bodies floating out into the lake, but he expires with a final hiss. At least, you thought the hissing came from him-but there it is again.

You stand and follow the river as it curves sharply to the left. As you move ahead, the hissing becomes louder. Just beyond an outcropping of rock you catch a glimpse of writhing snake like necks and heads. It is a hydra! And you have crossed into its lair.

The river gurgles to your left; it is moving faster here. A scream bursts forth from the hydra’s many throats, drowning out the sound of the rushing river. The monster has spotted you, and its screams have summoned its minions.

Summary:
Goal: Destroy all of your opponent’s figures.

Setup:
Randomly select 2 non-Brandar’s Chest Treasure Glyphs and place them symbol side up as shown. Player 1 drafts or brings a pre-made 500 point army of figures from the 5 allied generals (Jandar, Ullar, Einar, Vydar, and Aquilla). Player 2 drafts or brings a 300 point army that must include only one Fen Hydra.

Campaign Setup:
If you just played River of Blood: Room 1 and you are continuing the campaign, place only Player 1's figures that suvived room 1. Figures that used Second Wind (see the campaign Master Rules) might start with wound markers already on their Army Cards.

Special Rules:

River of Blood:
Any figure that ends its turn on a water space must roll a 20-sided die. For Squad figures, only figures that were activated on that turn are affected. If you roll a 1-4, that figure receives 1 wound from the traces of acid in the water. Note: The River of Blood takes effect after all end of turn powers have resolved.
Stalactites: If a figure uses the Flying special power to move, place 1 wound marker on that figure as it starts its move. Figures with Stealth Flying are not affected by Stalactites.
Rapid River: At the end of each round, each Treasure Glyph that is on a water space moves 1 water space closer to Player 1's starting zone, if possible. A Glyph can move off, or onto a space a figure occupies, but it does not move if the next water space is currently a non-water space (for example, an ice space created by a Greater Ice Elemental). If a Glyph is on the last water space in Room 2 when it would be moved by the Rapid River, it is removed from the battlefield.

Treasure Glyph Trap:Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, do not reveal the Treasure Glyph. Instead, the Hero is sucked underwater and pulled with the current (see “Water Current ”below). If you roll a 6 or higher, turn the Treasure Glyph power-side up and place it on that Hero’s Army Card.Water Current: Whenever a Hero is sucked underwater by the Treasure Glyph trap, immediately move that Hero along the water spaces towards Player 1’s starting zone until one of the following conditions is met: *The Hero moves onto a non-water space (for example, an ice space created by a Greater Ice Elemental). *The Hero would move onto a space occupied by another figure. *The Hero reaches the last water space in Room 2. The moved Hero does not take any leaving engagement attacks while moving along the River of Blood, nor does it stop or trigger any powers based on movement until it meets one of the above conditions.

Victory: Be the last player with at least one figure on the battlefield to win. If neither player has won by the end of Round 10, the player with the most points on the battlefield wins. Player 1 must defeat all of Player 2’s figures to continue on to the next room.
CAMPAIGN CONTINUES: If at least one of Player 1’s figures survives the battle, and all of Player 2’s figures have been destroyed, you may continue the campaign by playing River of Blood: Room 3.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; August 7th, 2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Official Scenario: RoB The Hydra's Lair Room 2

Continued from room 1.
My son started with
Wyvern x1
Spiders x2 -2 figures
Morgrimm
Darrak
Tandros
DM army:
PK x2
Hydra
Sahugin Raider

This one was closer. It came down to a 3 life Hydra and full life Morgrimm. We battled back and forth for a couple of rounds. I kept pegging away at his life till he was at 1 and then he took 2 heads in one shot. My next OM I rolled 3 skulls and he only got 2 shields. His campaign has ended. A new Valkyrie is BORN!!! Muahahaha!

Old August 10th, 2010, 01:28 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

I played this months ago and inadvertantly discovered a potential strategy. If you send the Hydra for a glyph in the river and set off a trap, he (she?) will float down the river and immediately engage the heroes in their start zone, potentially wreaking havoc. Heroes should beware of this possibility and not place support figures (Raelin, etc.) next to the river in the start zone.

If you don't set off the glyph trap, well then your hydra has a nice glyph.
Old August 10th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I could see the EI + Kovia doing pretty well in this scenario. All that stealth flying is very useful in the smallish rooms to avoid the spikes and the river.

Kovia - 90
Eix2 - 280
KA - 120
Otonashi - 10
TOTAL - 500 / 9 spaces...

I'm going to try this out for sure once I set up the RoB!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Continued from Room One:

Army One:

Nilfhiem 185
Jotun 410
Kelda 490
Otonashi 500

versus

Hydra 120
Feral Troll x2 300

Pretty basic strategy here. The trolls would try and wound a bunch of people, and maybe take out Kelda(They eventually did), and then the hydra would finish everyone off. The plan started to go off without a problem for the villains, and then Jotun, fully healed by Kelda, began beating the trolls into the ground. Jotun, Otonashi, and Nilfhiem faced down the hydra, which had moved into a better position while the trolls were being slaughtered. The hydra put about three wounds on Nilfhiem, and three on Jotun, before being finished off. Otonashi actually managed to grab BOTH glyphs(Ring of Protection and Whetstone).

Army Two: SotM heroes.

versus

Hydra 120
Stingers x2 240
Nagrubs x2 300 (dropped two Nagrubs)

Second Wind brough Raelin back with four wounds, and Shiori back with two.
More marro for the heroes to fight. The Nagrubs advanced as a screen, but didn't last long against combined fire from Q10 and Sonlen, who eventually healed two of Raelin's wounds. The stingers advanced next, and eventually put two wounds BACK onto Raelin, and wounded Q10 once, but Q10 was healed.
The hydra rushed in while Sonlen was grabbing the glyphs. It took out Q10, Raelin, Shiori, and left both Drake AND Sonlen with 3 life left each. The glyphs were the heroic rune and the speed potion. Drake and Sonlen staggered to their feet, and wearily pressed onwards.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:56 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

The lil' one continues by second winding Drake with 3 wounds on him.

I figured I'd give her a challenge so I put Zombiesx3 with the Hydra.

She started by taking a quick turn and healing Drake via Ana. It worked and she sent him out on a suicide mission. The Hydra grabbed the two glyphs in the water and tore apart Darrak. In the end it was only Q10 and Ana who survived. The rest of them are on Second wind next room. I wonder how she'll use her 3 glyphs of attack+1(I'm still glad I just bought 2 more cases of MS3)

But that is tomorrow's game and my table is all set for the next bout!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; August 14th, 2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:03 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

She started by taking a quick turn and healing Drake via Ana. It worked and she sent him out on a suicide mission. The Hydra grabbed the two glyphs in the water and tore apart Darrak. In the end it was only Q10 and Ana who survived. The rest of them are on Second wind next room. I wonder how she'll use her 3 glyphs of attack+1(I'm still glad I just bought 2 more cases of MS3)
I, too, have had some fun (and success) taking ZoM x 3 with the Hydra. With how many of them you can move at once, they make a great screen. It's true that other units can screen better, but for the points, and given the limited starting zone, Zombies + Fen Hydra can tear up the adventuring party.

Disclaimer: Nilfheim is very dangerous against this player 2 army!
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

I, too, have had some fun (and success) taking ZoM x 3 with the Hydra. With how many of them you can move at once, they make a great screen. It's true that other units can screen better, but for the points, and given the limited starting zone, Zombies + Fen Hydra can tear up the adventuring party.

Disclaimer: Nilfheim is very dangerous against this player 2 army!
Wish I had him.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Scenariographer

Room 2 baddies:
Hydra
PK x2
Saguhin Raider

Old August 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

180 Q-9
120 Hydra

Old August 15th, 2010, 07:31 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Just finished room 2 with my party against
PKs-70
Hydra-190
Iskra-240
Rechets-290
Im sure the bad guys Would have done alot better if the rechets were summoned

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Scenariographer

I just defeated Braxas and Jotun in room 2. Used Hydra, Goblins x2 and Blue Wyrms x2. While Jotun went for TGs, I used my first round to set the Goblins to high ground to shield the Hydra(if Player 1 wants to continue the campaign, he has to come to you). Used Goblins to wound Jotun while Braxas Acid Breathed the Goblins. Then kept the Hydra on highground to finish Jotun and then Braxas.

Continued from room 1- I barely survived this time. My son had Warforged x2, Hydra, Isamu and Onitasha. He took out Rhogar, Heirloom and Iron Golem. I had to use the Bracers to get one good attack from Heirloom before he died. Managed 3 wounds in one hit. Finished the game using Mika.
Second Wind:
Iron Golem comes back with full health, Heirloom has 2 wounds and Rhogar has 3.

Room 3

Last edited by xraine69; August 19th, 2010 at 12:13 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles