Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Notices

Old June 20th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Who did you play against the Fantastic Four? They're a solid team, but also very swingy based on two factors: your D20 rolls for Mister Fantastic and how well Clobberin' Time comes into play.

The best ways to take out the Fantastic Four are threefold: 1. Speedy assassins that can rush past/fly over screens and take down Invisible Woman quick and early 2. Auto-wounders that can get around the high defensive rolls of the Fan Four 3. Figures that can move enemy figures, thus moving Mister Fantastic out of Invisible Woman's range. If you can kill Mister Fantastic early, the rest of the army falls apart a bit.

Magneto, for instance, is a solid counter draft to the Fantastic Four.

Blob is pretty nasty. Auto-wounds and special attacks are his best counters.

Angel is probably our Raelin. He's widely regarded as A+.

Edit: Lobster reminds me - the fourth way to counter Fantastic Four armies is Order Marker manipulation. Riddler is a good one. So are Joker (I) and Ozymandias.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 20th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can second Angel, he is picked 1st in almost every draft
Old June 20th, 2019, 10:56 AM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What’s the cheesiest army you can think of to abuse OMs? Something along the lines of Heimdall, Joker 1, Riddler, Oracle... etc
Old June 20th, 2019, 10:58 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ozymandias needs to be in there. Black Mask (II) can help you rearrange after initiative. Blockbuster (in playtesting) can do some stuff.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 20th, 2019, 11:16 AM

DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Who did you play against the Fantastic Four? They're a solid team, but also very swingy based on two factors: your D20 rolls for Mister Fantastic and how well Clobberin' Time comes into play.

The best ways to take out the Fantastic Four are threefold: 1. Speedy assassins that can rush past/fly over screens and take down Invisible Woman quick and early 2. Auto-wounders that can get around the high defensive rolls of the Fan Four 3. Figures that can move enemy figures, thus moving Mister Fantastic out of Invisible Woman's range. If you can kill Mister Fantastic early, the rest of the army falls apart a bit.

Magneto, for instance, is a solid counter draft to the Fantastic Four.

Blob is pretty nasty. Auto-wounds and special attacks are his best counters.

Angel is probably our Raelin. He's widely regarded as A+.

Edit: Lobster reminds me - the fourth way to counter Fantastic Four armies is Order Marker manipulation. Riddler is a good one. So are Joker (I) and Ozymandias.
Unfortunately we are playing with a limit of only marvel master set one figures for the games with the Fantastic Four. I guess Annihilus would be the best assassin for the invisible woman there but if he failed you basically would have thrown away 360ish points. We tried Super Skrull with some Skrull Warriors which was kinda pointless you would have to throw away Super Skrull to get Invisible Woman only to have Skrull Warriors get picked off fearing Human Torch blasting them all away.

The problem my friend had with Blob was mostly that I was paring him with Magneto and Cyclops 2. Anything that could deal with Blob could easily be isolated across the map and taken out that way since Prof X was his action economy. He tried to counter that with Shadowcat but it was less than ideal and at some point most of his team was going to be counters that could be played around with few if any heavy hitters which is a weakness of prof x teams.

We will likely return to this match up more as we both like playing X-men and brotherhood.

I’ll have to add my d20 rolls were on fire that day. I didn’t miss a magnetic throw, brotherhood assault or the fantastic four version roll all day granted to fail any of those were less than a 25% chance since I did have Destiny at times. Pyro was batting a 75% success rate.
Old June 20th, 2019, 11:22 AM

You might be limiting your counterdraft options too much. None of these releases are meant to truly be standalone sets, but part of a much wider world of options.

Cyclops, for instance, is a surprising Invisible Woman counter, since he doesn't need clear sight to hit her with his special attack. That army with him, Blob, and Magneto is actually a pretty nice counter to the Fantastic Four overall.

But, yeah, probably the only baddie in the Fantastic Four Master Set that's really worrying the Fantastic Four any is Puppet Master.

Old June 20th, 2019, 11:26 AM

Give me your address and I’ll send you a Riddler. Too much fun to miss out on. Riddler for context.
Old June 20th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah Shadowcat may not be the most effective anti-Blob unit, but I see the issue. Blob and Magneto can throw and tie down figures to keep them from getting to Cyclops, then if you bring in someone to counter Blob, Magneto can throw them away and Cyclops can blast them from super range. Cyclops II is a newer unit so his metagame impact hasn’t quite been understood yet, but he’s pretty dang good from my experience.

Mind controllers can also be really devastating against the F4 I’ve found. They have their little set up with Sue camping in the back, but they aren’t expecting Ben to turn around and start pummeling her.
Old June 20th, 2019, 12:05 PM

DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
You might be limiting your counterdraft options too much. None of these releases are meant to truly be standalone sets, but part of a much wider world of options.

Cyclops, for instance, is a surprising Invisible Woman counter, since he doesn't need clear sight to hit her with his special attack. That army with him, Blob, and Magneto is actually a pretty nice counter to the Fantastic Four overall.

But, yeah, probably the only baddie in the Fantastic Four Master Set that's really worrying the Fantastic Four any is Puppet Master.
I’m sure we were, it was more of a test of does this kind of format work where we choose smaller pools of units based on sets to play with. Just figure the first marvel master set would be a good testing ground. A general problem we have had is just picking armies has resulted is crazy lopsided matches and we were seeing if there was a way to fix this without drafting. For instance the Ninja Turtles with Splinter has just never been able to stand up to a mutant or avenger team ever. I’ve more or less given up on that. But they are far to strong to not dominate shredder and the foot clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Give me your address and I’ll send you a Riddler. Too much fun to miss out on. Riddler for context.
Thanks for the offer, but I’ll provably grab him eventually. In general we mostly stick to marvel just because that’s what we are interested in for now. I am also trying to slow down my accumulation just because playing one day a month leaves a lot of backlog of figures especially when we keep playing X-men and brotherhood units over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yeah Shadowcat may not be the most effective anti-Blob unit, but I see the issue. Blob and Magneto can throw and tie down figures to keep them from getting to Cyclops, then if you bring in someone to counter Blob, Magneto can throw them away and Cyclops can blast them from super range. Cyclops II is a newer unit so his metagame impact hasn’t quite been understood yet, but he’s pretty dang good from my experience.

Mind controllers can also be really devastating against the F4 I’ve found. They have their little set up with Sue camping in the back, but they aren’t expecting Ben to turn around and start pummeling her.
Yea shadowcat wasn’t so much intended to be a blob counter as much as just stoping magneto from magnetic throwing constantly but it doesn’t work out so well even then. Still think she is great to protect your order maker workhorse but that’s about it if you have a spare 80.

Cyclops II has pretty much taken over our mutant based games. He is far better than Mystique II and allows for far more strategies the only downside is he doesn’t work with Juggernaut who is one of my favorites. On the X-men side he is also great maybe better than prof x just because he doesn’t have the issue of limiting the number of threats you can run as much. Usually I don’t even bother going for prof x because if I can kill one threat he isn’t as impactful anyway where Cyclops II is a threat I want to eliminate.

Yea I was considering something like puppet master but we were heroscaped out at that point and wasn’t sure if it would work out so well.
Old June 20th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think Cyclops II really shines in lower point brackets because yeah, you’re getting an offensive force and a powerful leader. Prof X does better in higher point games where you have many Mutants to hit the enemy with, even when one falls.
Old June 20th, 2019, 12:24 PM

In lower point games with Professor X you really want to maximize his use of Psychic Defense X. One I just ran at 800 points that was a lot of fun was Prof X., Jean Grey, Stepford Cuckoos x5. Use Jean early to throw Prof X. forward and keep most of the figures in his Psychic Defense X range, then exploit the heck out of the special attack and D20 boosts for the Cuckoos and Jean.

Old June 20th, 2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
In lower point games with Professor X you really want to maximize his use of Psychic Defense X. One I just ran at 800 points that was a lot of fun was Prof X., Jean Grey, Stepford Cuckoos x5. Use Jean early to throw Prof X. forward and keep most of the figures in his Psychic Defense X range, then exploit the heck out of the special attack and D20 boosts for the Cuckoos and Jean.
That’s something I would be interested in trying. I have been eyeing the cuckoos for a while but initially I bought like 20 multiple men first. I’ve only played one game with them but in combo with destiny and sage I got the highest category for the role three times in a row including on a turn where I went last and then went first. Haven’t played them since because that was insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape