Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 13th, 2010, 01:31 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
"Dungeon Run" by Mr. Bistro

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/66424/dungeon-run

Go check out Mr. Bistro's latest creation over at BGG.

Dungeon Run is a dungeon exploration game for 1 player. Quick and easy, it provides the same experiences as larger dungeon games: fighting monsters, disarming traps, advancing characters, and collecting loot. Dungeon Run is designed to be a light but challenging distraction for the gamer on the go, and its components can easily fit into a small sandwich-sized plastic bag.
The rules and components are provided as free downloads.

PS:The graphic layout was done by Malechi..whodoesnt do any bad work IMHO...so while you are over there go find and download his two files for Infection Express..another awesome single player print-and-play
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:40 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker
Re: "Dungeon Run" by Mr. Bistro

That looks pretty cool. Something to do when no one can hang out.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old February 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Dungeon Run can fit nicely in a standard card deck case:

Here is the game ready to start (prior to selecting a character):

The Dwarf is randomly selected and the game is ready to go...

Second game start (Didn't make it far in the first game...):

The Dwarf moved quickly through the dungeon encountering 6 monsters and gathering four pieces of treasure (one of which he could actually use...The Thunder Hammer!!). The Dwarf, learning from his experiences and remembering the stories told by the fire at the Tavern, decides to increase his skill in Magic just in case he runs into anything that requires Magic instead of Brawn. He was fortunate that he did follow his instincts...as he opened the door to the last room, the angered visage of a Lich Lord stared back at him. The fight was glorious and the Dwarf was down to his last wound while the Lich Lord had two life (death?). Fortune once more smiled on the Dwarf by allowing him to roll three hits versus one hit from the Lich Lord. Glory was his for the taking (barely)!!

End of game:

Dwarf card at the end (barely hanging on):

Lich card and the roll that saved the Dwarf's life:

Tallying the points using the scoring rules, the Dwarf had a total of 1500 points at the end of the encounter.
He limps back to town to celebrate his victory and to enjoy his well earned glory!

Dungeon Run is an awesome game! Great job on it, Mr. Bistro!

Newb.
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:20 AM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Oh, and I'm kinda confused about the site. Can I buy it off there? Or, if it's on Amazon or Ebay, how much does it run for?

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:25 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
Oh, and I'm kinda confused about the site. Can I buy it off there? Or, if it's on Amazon or Ebay, how much does it run for?

It's a free download...follow the link in the first post and then scroll down to the LINKS section and you can download the PDF
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:34 AM

Wow, that's really cool. Thanks, I know what I'll be doing for a while.

— Mark Twain
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:07 AM

waycoolsuperdude is surprisingly tart

Thanks, Onacara, for starting this thread and thanks Mr. Bistro for this fun little game. I downloaded this last weekend and played it several times this past week. I travel A LOT and this is perfect for me. Solo play, compact. Fits nicely in my suitcase and very easy to set up in a hotel room. The game mechanics are easy to grasp and it does go pretty fast. What I like most is that there is enough variety between the characters to make replay different each time, let alone all the goodies you can pick up along the way. I also printed out an extra set of baddies to really spice things up.
Any plans to make expansions?
Again, thank you both.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:01 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

<WOW - how cool is that, I will be downloading this one for SURE.

Would it work on a plane?

If it is half as good as his advanced rules for BattleBall then it is a hit already with me!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waycoolsuperdude View Post
Any plans to make expansions?
Mr. Bistro and I are finishing up the 1st Dungeon Run expansion Loot Pile now.

Loot Pile Contents
• 17 Encounter Cards
• 1 Boss Card
• 11 Dungeon Tiles
• 1 Room Reference Card
• 2 Secret Door Markers
• 13 Treasure Cards
• 3 Artifact Cards
• 7 Storyline Cards
• 1 Objective Marker
• 6 Hero Ability Cards
• 2 Special Damage Markers
• 1 Rules Sheet

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.

Last edited by Malechi; February 24th, 2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:36 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

I just downloaded it, looks like a lot of fun.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here is a preview of the forthcoming Dungeon Run: Loot Pile Expansion which should be arrive at a printer near you within the week ...

Click to View Larger Image

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:16 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

I'm having a lot of fun with the game! Loot Pile should be great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games