Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 8th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
I give this guy a B.

I'm very sad they made Sonlen an "Archmage" instead of a "Wizard". When Ulginesh comes out, people will be wanting to create more elf armies and he'll hopefully make them viable. Unfortunately, Sonlen won't be included because of his high cost. There really aren't any two other wizards I can get exciting about moving in tandem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
I agree with Velenne once again. Kyntella? Filler. Aclorah? Even with his strategy, no way you're going to make me add him. Morsbane? You're kidding me right? The only thing Uglinesh has going for him with the current wizards is his flying and regular attack.
Remember that there are 3 other elves in that pack with Ulginesh. I think its a safe bet that at least 1 if not all three will be Wizards.

I think Sonlen wasn't made a wizard precisely because Ulginesh would make him much too powerful (more so than he already might be). Taking a turn with Sonlen (who as others have pointed out, one of the most versatile figure yet) and then you would get yet another turn with another wizard? I say good call by CVN not making him a wizard.
Old September 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
Hey all, just thought I would add a little something here. Sonlen is a great figure to run with Captain America. I was in a game last night with no explosions / grenades / shotguns, and I left Sonlen and the Captain right next to each other. Cap was up front, Sonlen right behind. I was putting all of my markers on these two and cleaned some house. Cap's high defense made him always go before Sonlen (unless Cap was hurt), and Sonlen was really loving the "Tactition" bonus. Sonlen's stats are good already, but with the bonus he really owns. Cap and Sonlen were the only figures left on the board at the end. Great duo.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old September 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I played w/ him. Not really worth 160 points. You get very little chance on rolling a 15 or higher, and 3 def won't go very far with him. 6 life is nice but still... Good that he benefits from Alcorlah.
Old September 14th, 2007, 01:28 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
Listen, everyone, I believe that Sonlen is now my favorite figure in the game. I was playing a game just last night with an all elf army vs. Marros w/ Hive. The Marro team was dominating and I was left with only Sonlen and Aubrien Archers. My opponent had the majority of his commons and hive left with Krug for backup. I got sick of the cloning and getting outnumbered so I just walked Sonlen down into the swamp, using his attack on the Hive until it was dead, while using Dragon Swoop on the common Marros. After the hive, I was free to attack and Swoop the commons, so I decimated every Marro figure my opponent had. Pretty lucky rolls, yes, but the potential is there for devastation. Then Krug stepped up and chopped my elf's head off, but not before I put some decent damage on him w/ the Archmage and his dragon buddy. Which reminds me, the dragon needs a name, or at least a cool nickname. Any ideas?
JG

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old September 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM

theats has disabled reputation
Man, I was looking back for a second glance, and noticed JUST HOW AWSEOME this guy is. I like how on Dragon healing, It says Sonlen's Dragon, not Sonlen, could use it on himself. This is going to be my army champion; I mean the works. I plan on using thorgrim to make his defense at least average, and finn could boost his attack to above average. Eldigrim would be a waste as he already has 6 move. He will be great for standing in a center tower of a castle.

Theophilus.
Old September 15th, 2007, 11:07 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sonlen specilizes in moving to wherever, and raining hell when need to be after he gets into posistion beside the rest of your army. Thorgrim and Finn together with Sonlen only give you 180 points left, allowing your opponent to quickly bust through whatever defense you have for Sonlen besides 4x Rats, and kill him quickly even WITH Finn and Thorgrim's help.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Apparently, you're forgetting that Sonlen has no garunteed way of doing damage to multiple foes. If he's sitting somewhere with Finn/Thorgrim on him, and the rest of your 180 points are dead in a corner somewhere, what happens? I'll tell you-Sonlen dies.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:13 AM

straw-hatt has disabled reputation
that really depends on situation and your luck with the dice. he could keep healing himself when injured and he has 6 range with 4 attack plus if he was your last man im sure you would play it smart with and camp with hieght
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:24 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
My two cents... the guy is pretty useful. That dragon attack seems to hit more often then not for me (though I know this is just luck.)
It is a nice unblockable chance at a bonus hit.

The only thing that keeps him down in my book is the low defense but then with 6 health I guess it balances out. Coupled with Raelin V1 I could see him being a pain to take down. The attack of 4 is very nice... I have generally been able to keep him at height giving him a 5 attack which can generally put hurt on a lot of folks.

Not the be all end all character but a very nice addition.
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:51 PM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart
I guess it boils down to Cool vs. Competitive.

Coolest hero in a while? Arguably between him and Cyprien, but definitely. Sonlen is awesome. He is the first really sweet elf we've gotten, and the best of them all so far. Thematically, he owns.

Competitively, the two 25%-to-trigger abilities and range is not going to make him the new Q9 in tournament play anytime soon.

But that's ok... I'll take a thematically cooler figure any day. That's what Heroscape is all about.
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:54 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by riledguy
My two cents... the guy is pretty useful. That dragon attack seems to hit more often then not for me (though I know this is just luck.)
It is a nice unblockable chance at a bonus hit.

The only thing that keeps him down in my book is the low defense but then with 6 health I guess it balances out. Coupled with Raelin V1 I could see him being a pain to take down. The attack of 4 is very nice... I have generally been able to keep him at height giving him a 5 attack which can generally put hurt on a lot of folks.

Not the be all end all character but a very nice addition.

Yes, I believe he is a VERY balanced character; his one flaw is defense, but thorgrim can help with that. And, If you are REALLY coordinated with teamates, kelda and sonlen can pair up, one on each team, healing each other, whilst sonlen rains a possibility of two kills per turn.

Theophilus.
Old September 20th, 2007, 10:22 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehammer
I guess it boils down to Cool vs. Competitive.

Coolest hero in a while? Arguably between him and Cyprien, but definitely. Sonlen is awesome. He is the first really sweet elf we've gotten, and the best of them all so far. Thematically, he owns.

Competitively, the two 25%-to-trigger abilities and range is not going to make him the new Q9 in tournament play anytime soon.

But that's ok... I'll take a thematically cooler figure any day. That's what Heroscape is all about.
I wish people would learn to do percentages....15-20 is actually 30%, not 25%. It has worked for me more often than not as well--especially since you get to roll for EACH every time and THEN attack.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units