Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 29th, 2021, 09:49 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Defense of 3 would probably work, he doesn’t have much training. I’m thinking he’d be like, 120 at the very most anyways.

Blast Off sounds good!
Old April 29th, 2021, 10:35 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
The Rocketeer! Pretty simple design since this guy is all about his jetpack, and is a fairly weak street level guy. He's supposed to Rocket Punch into a guy, before using Explosive Start to get out and Rocket Punch another guy.

Had some talks in Discord about mods for this guy, seems like there's a fair few options on a direction to go but it's definitely doable.
Quote:

NAME = THE ROCKETEER
SECRET IDENTITY = CLIFF SECORD

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DARING/RECKLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

EXPLOSIVE START
Before moving, you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, roll an unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to The Rocketeer, and The Rocketeer does not take leaving engagement attacks this turn.

ROCKET PUNCH
After moving normally, if The Rocketeer moved at least 3 spaces in a straight line, roll two additional die when attacking an adjacent figure.

FLYING
I'm all for a Rocketeer!! Custom figure shouldn't be too difficult to come up with.
Old April 29th, 2021, 10:36 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Seems about right. Might go with Defense of 3?

Maybe Blast Off for first power title?
Agreed on both.
Old April 30th, 2021, 12:30 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Oh yeah, Rocketeer could be a fun addition.
Old May 6th, 2021, 07:53 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

First design for City of Villains! This guy is a Stalker in game, the class that's all about using invisibility to get into melee and burst a target down. Mako is a pretty brutal guy that from what I can tell with his lacking lore, likes to go after vulnerable targets.

His species might be an issue. He's straight up a mutant in CoH/CoV, but I'm not sure if we want none marvel mutants under that category.

Quote:

NAME = CAPTAIN MAKO
SECRET IDENTITY = GIDEON RAY

SPECIES = AQUA MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STALKER
PERSONALITY = MENACING/SADISTIC or something like that

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

WATER STALKER

Captain Mako does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. Captain Mako can move through all figures, is never attacked when leaving an engagement, and while on a water space, cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.

STALKER STRIKE
When attacking with Captain Mako, subtract 1 from the target figure’s defense roll for each of the following, to a minimum of 0 defense die :
  • Captain Mako began his turn unengaged
  • Captain Mako began his turn on a water space
  • Captain Mako has not attacked this round
  • The target figure does not have Super Strength
If all 4 apply, add an automatic skull to Captain Mako’s attack.

BIO
Born in Paragon City, Gideon’s parents couldn’t cope with his extreme mutation. Tormented by other children, this led to several deaths and Gideon’s disappearance. Reappearing years later as a modern pirate, Gideon Ray - now, Captain Mako - quickly caught the attention of Lord Recluse. Often used as Recluse’s assassin, Captain Mako is a bloodthirsty opportunist that is always glad to kill.
Old May 7th, 2021, 09:48 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

We had a similar Mutant debate with Durham Red - general consensus was that it's worth fudging species a bit to keep characters out of the Marvel Mutant faction.

Is it worth trying to give the CoV guys a reason to work together like the CoH guys have?

I think he should be a Pirate, based on that bio.
Old May 7th, 2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
We had a similar Mutant debate with Durham Red - general consensus was that it's worth fudging species a bit to keep characters out of the Marvel Mutant faction.
Got it, I'm cool with Aqua Mutant or something along those lines.

Quote:
Is it worth trying to give the CoV guys a reason to work together like the CoH guys have?
Lord Recluse's lackeys fight and scheme against each other all the time, Lord Recluse/Arachnos is the only thing really keeping them working together. My plan is that Recluse will have a power making a few figures Patrons (the position Ghost Widow/Black Scorpion/Mako are in), and they begrudgingly work together off of that. Here's what I've got for Recluse right now ;

Quote:
LORD/RULER OF ARACHNOS
At the beginning of the game, choose up to 3/4 heroes that you control. These figures have the class of Patron instead of what is listed on their Army Cards. After revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with a Patron you control, if they inflicted 2 or more wounds this turn, you may immediately take an additional turn with another Patron you control within clear sight of the attacked figure, no additional turns
They normally don't want to work together, but when Patron A sees Patron B doing well and impressing Lord Recluse, Patron A wants to step up. I feel like this version of the power is missing something though.

Quote:
I think he should be a Pirate, based on that bio.
I honestly didn't even think of Pirate.
I really like it as the class for him though!
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:14 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Got it, I'm cool with Aqua Mutant or something along those lines.

Quote:
!
Aqua Mutant seems like a one off thing. I think what nobody was getting at was is there a generic term that's thrown out in the back stories?

Like Rad Mutants was a term in the other property mentioned.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

Aqua Mutant seems like a one off thing. I think what nobody was getting at was is there a generic term that's thrown out in the back stories?

There's not much from what I've found. This is the most relevant thing I found ;

Quote:
Gideon Ray is a savage Mutant who has evolved into what only can be described as a humanoid shark. His acts are even more terrible than his appearance, and few foes are even identifiable once Mako is through with them. Mako is responsible for the death of Sharkhead Isle's most famous hero, Scrapyard.
So maybe a species of Shark like King Shark?
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:22 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

There's not much from what I've found. This is the most relevant thing I found ;

Quote:
Gideon Ray is a savage Mutant who has evolved into what only can be described as a humanoid shark. His acts are even more terrible than his appearance, and few foes are even identifiable once Mako is through with them. Mako is responsible for the death of Sharkhead Isle's most famous hero, Scrapyard.
Seems reasonable.

If someone came along and could control sharks...would he be susceptible?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Seems reasonable.

If someone came along and could control sharks...would he be susceptible?
I'm onboard with Shark for his species.

Yeah, I think it's reasonable for him to be controlled by a Shark whisperer. At least, I can't think of any reason he wouldn't be controlled.
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:38 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
LORD/RULER OF ARACHNOS
At the beginning of the game, choose up to 3/4 heroes that you control. These figures have the class of Patron instead of what is listed on their Army Cards. After revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with a Patron you control, if they inflicted 2 or more wounds this turn, you may immediately take an additional turn with another Patron you control within clear sight of the attacked figure, no additional turns
They normally don't want to work together, but when Patron A sees Patron B doing well and impressing Lord Recluse, Patron A wants to step up. I feel like this version of the power is missing something though.
I feel like the thing I'd want to see is some reason to push him towards his thematic allies. Like maybe a shared personality hook for all of them?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy