Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old April 26th, 2021, 10:13 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Suggestions for the Online Heroscape Organizers

Striking maps reminds me of playing smash brothers one on one

Definitely has a balancing factor to it. Which is cool.
Old April 27th, 2021, 08:26 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It can certainly be an issue with some games. I have shown up and saw my opponent and the map, and pretty much knew that there is no chance of pulling it off. It would be a nice balance for tournaments where you only bring one army.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old May 15th, 2021, 02:31 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Not so much a suggestion as a conversation point about maps and online play.

I've noticed OHS avoids maps with same level molten lava spaces (for good reason obviously). But with molten lava on online boards, if there's a non-level 0 lava space(s) with some different same level spaces around it, would it be a good idea for the online board to just lower the lava space to level 0 with no same level spaces around it?
Example:
Arbitration

Similarly, if there's a map with RotV ruins on it or mirror outcrops/glaciers/hive/trees that are different sizes (i.e. a 3-hex outcrop mirroring 3 1-hex outcrops), would it just be easier for the online map to use the same sizes or LoS blockers for each side?
Examples:
Quasatch Playground
Song of the Walrus

These online manipulations of the physical maps just seem like easy "fixes" to some issue (even if they're kinda small issues) that come up when you're physically building the map.

Last edited by Sheep; May 15th, 2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old May 15th, 2021, 02:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Good questions!

For same-level lava, we only really avoid it in HoB type formats, but you’re right that we don’t use it much in general.

For me it comes down to whether you’re trying to replicate the physical game or trying to have a standalone game. Ruin discrepancies are a part of the physical game and I think it’s nice to keep that in people’s brains.

But I’d be happy to hear input, it’s an interesting question for sure and one I’ve thought about personally as I make templates.
Old July 11th, 2021, 12:10 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

RtW VC-inclusive

Last edited by Sheep; July 11th, 2021 at 12:10 PM. Reason: That's it. That's the suggestion.
Old October 7th, 2022, 09:43 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to suggest that all OHS delta events default to using a figure limit rather than a hex limit, and using a hex limit should be considered the exception rather than the rule.

Let's get things straight. The only thing, and I mean literally the only thing, that using a hex limit accomplishes is to severely limit the viability of the 4 double-spaced common squads: the Deathstalkers, Marrden Hounds, Templar Cavalry and Grok Riders. At hex limits < 18, these units are basically unplayable. A 24 hex limit is better, but at the same time, not being able to fit in a 4th squad (since you'll be running at least 1 support unit) can be really, really irritating. One of the main reasons delta was created in the first place was to improve the viability of these units, and as such it makes no sense when OHS events such as Season 44 and 49 arbitrarily gimp these squads by having a rule that reduces their viability for no good reason.

I don't consider using a figure limit to be nearly as essential for non-delta events compared to delta ones, for the simple reason that the Deathstalkers, Groks and Templars aren't usually viable in non-delta formats anyway. Likewise, I don't doubt that there's probably 1 or 2 niche formats where using a figure limit rather than a hex limit would somehow break things. However, I think as a general rule, and certainly for all Bring 1 formats, using a figure limit should be considered the 'default' or 'norm' for delta events. After all, what's the point of a format where Groks cost 70 points but are still bad because you can't run a 4th squad of them?

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events