Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 24th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Legalization of Marijuana

You may be right about that Fj, but I'm talking about the legalizing of those other drugs based on the constitutional and economic argument for legalizing pot.

If pot is legalized, then we're one step closer to legalizing cocaine (for example). And that, I am not for, because of the much more drastic effect of those kind of drugs.
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Just about relevant, so I hope I can get away with posting a link to one of my favourite scientific papers: Equasy: A Harmful Addiction. It investigates equasy and the legalisation arguments surrounding it in relation to the harm caused by other drugs.
Darn. I can't read the paper at work because it's blocked. I'll try to read it after class tonight.
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Just about relevant, so I hope I can get away with posting a link to one of my favourite scientific papers: Equasy: A Harmful Addiction. It investigates equasy and the legalisation arguments surrounding it in relation to the harm caused by other drugs.
Darn. I can't read the paper at work because it's blocked. I'll try to read it after class tonight.
Hmm... I just skimmed through the text again and it seems to be an abridged version. The full version with the tables of data and consideration of intravenous use of equasy is behind a paywall. Harumph. I'm sure I've read it online before.
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
My main concern, being an HR employee, is intoxication in the work environment. How will this work?
Similar answer to my driving one: if you're doing your job well then you are OK; if you're not or reek of weed then you get cautioned/suspended/trained/fired.
Added in a little something there to show my thoughts.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 24th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My main concern, being an HR employee, is intoxication in the work environment. How will this work?
Similar answer to my driving one: if you're doing your job well then you are OK; if you're not or reek of weed then you get cautioned/suspended/trained/fired.
Added in a little something there to show my thoughts.
Reeking of weed is managable. We already have to manage those employees with poor personal hygene.
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:07 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I say it should be legalized and taxed. It would give our goverment money, it would actually be harder for kids to get it if it was regulated, frees up police and jails for more important things, etc.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

I just thought of another Pro: Disneyland

How awesome would Disneyland be while stoned.
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:13 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I just thought of another Pro: Disneyland

How awesome would Disneyland be while stoned.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As I read this thread, I was reminded of what a great person once said, that really struck me as a wise saying.

Spoiler Alert!

Other than that, I really have no idea about any of this, save for the fact that I have not, nor intend to ever use drugs.
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
As I read this thread, I was reminded of what a great person once said, that really struck me as a wise saying.

Spoiler Alert!

Other than that, I really have no idea about any of this, save for the fact that I have not, nor intend to ever use drugs.
Good for you for not drinking or smoking. Same here, actually do none of the above.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:59 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post

Spoiler Alert!

I agree, while I have no intention of ever touching a drug, I still want my hemp to be allowed to be pumped through a gas station.
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:24 PM

The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker The Gate Keeper knows what's in an order marker

I support the legalization of it for medical purposes and for public use. It solves more problems then it would cause. The tax dollars from it would makes billions for the economy which this country needs. Note I have never smokes Marijunana nor can I with my disorder.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General