Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 25th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Balantai Battlescape: Star Wars

Balantai Battlescape: Star Wars

Not to take anything away from what we do in the Heroes of StarWars Scape (HoSS) thread, but I've been thinking about a new play system for Star Wars Scape. It will be completely independent from the community thread. I'd like to create a system that uses the Heroscape ruleset, but really focuses on the theme of Star Wars. The great thing about the HoSS thread is it's compatibility with Vahallascape. If you wanted, you could mix and match to your hearts desire. This ruleset, won't take that liberty.

Please note: This is not a community project, but any input is greatly appreciated.

Force Symbol and Force Points:
Unique Heroes with the Force Symbol will be allocated a number of Force Points. This will be shown as a symbol with a number located in the middle of the symbol. Force Points will be tracked using markers on the card. These Force Points will be spent to use Force Powers listed on that figure's card. Force Points will regenerate at the rate of 1 Force Point at the end of every round.
This is not my creative design. Necroblade uses a similar system for his customs.

Lightsaber Forms:
Force Users will have a predetermined number of Lightsaber Forms. Lightsaber Forms will give bonuses to the Force User. Each Lightsaber Form will have two variances: Basic and Master. Only one form may be used at a time and the person controlling the Force User will determine what Lightsaber Form the figure will use at the beginning of round.
Spoiler Alert!

Force Powers:
Force Powers will not be written out on the cards. Simply the name of the Force Power and the Force Point Cost will appear. You will need to reference the Force Powers in this list to understand what the Special Powers do.

FP: "x" (Represents the number of Force Points needed to use this ability)

Spoiler Alert!

Blaster Symbol:
When a figure with a Blaster Symbol on their card attacks a non-adjacent figure with a normal attack, the defending figure must roll 1 less defense die.

Last edited by Balantai; December 10th, 2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old August 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Balantai's Star Wars Customs

Deleted.

Last edited by Balantai; December 8th, 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old August 25th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Deleted

Last edited by Balantai; December 8th, 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old August 25th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Deleted

Last edited by Balantai; December 8th, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old August 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Deleted.

Old December 30th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Deleted.

Old December 30th, 2009, 06:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I have had my head in the SuperHeroScape world for too long. These look great Balantai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi Padawan: vBeta
Force Speed
Instead of attacking, Obi-Wan Kenobi may move 5 spaces. Obi-Wan does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving with Force Speed.
Great power but I am not sure it suits OB1. To me he has always been a cautious & deliberate mover.
Quote:
Expert Lightsaber Deflection
When Obi-Wan defends against a non-adjacent normal attack, one shield will block all damage. In addition, all excess shields count as unblockable wounds against the attacking figure.
First off the wording "In addition" doesn't sound very Heroscapish. Lastly there is a bit of room for ambiguity here with the excess shields terminology, is it excess as in more than the 1 shield required to make the block or is excess like the official counter strike as in more shields than skulls?
Quote:
Padawan Bonding
At the start of the game, choose any Jedi Knight or Jedi Master you control. For the rest of the game, after revealing an Order Marker on the chosen figure's card and before you take a turn with that figure, you may take an immediate turn with Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Should this be bonding with Knights or Masters when it's Padawan Bonding? Apart from that the idea is perfect for OB1.
[/quote]

Quote:
Qui-Gon Jin - Jedi Master: vBeta
Jedi Mind Trick
Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Qui-Gon Jin and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, you may take an immediate turn with that figure. Subract 10 from your roll if the chosen figure has the Force Symbol.
Should there also be species that are immune to this? Wasn't the species of the flying thing in Ep1 immune & the Huts also?
[/quote]

Looking good, I will try to come back later.

Cheers
Old December 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Great power but I am not sure it suits OB1. To me he has always been a cautious & deliberate mover.
He uses Force Speed to get away from the Destroyer Droid in Episode I. Plus, he will not have this ability when I create Obi-Wan - Jedi Knight and Jedi Master. This way, it shows he is becoming more deliberate with his experience.
Quote:
First off the wording "In addition" doesn't sound very Heroscapish. Lastly there is a bit of room for ambiguity here with the excess shields terminology, is it excess as in more than the 1 shield required to make the block or is excess like the official counter strike as in more shields than skulls?
Changed the wording.
Quote:
Should this be bonding with Knights or Masters when it's Padawan Bonding? Apart from that the idea is perfect for OB1.
It is a Jedi Master or a Jedi Knight that may take on a Jedi Padawan as an apprentice. I can see where it's confusing, though. But I think I'll leave it as is do to the Star Wars theme.
Quote:
Should there also be species that are immune to this? Wasn't the species of the flying thing in Ep1 immune & the Huts also?
I considered this, but I think there may be too many species. I'll see if I can find a list of species that are immune to Jedi Mind Trick.

Thanks for all of your imput, A3n. I'm going to try to get these on cards this weekend.
Old December 30th, 2009, 08:05 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
It is a Jedi Master or a Jedi Knight that may take on a Jedi Padawan as an apprentice. I can see where it's confusing, though. But I think I'll leave it as is do to the Star Wars theme.
Sorry this was me mis-reading, I thought this OB1 was supposed to be the master here. You did not see anything, you did not read my mis-interpretation, move right along.

Cheers
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:09 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

You really caught the "flavor" of the characters here, Balantai.
Great job!
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:02 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
You really caught the "flavor" of the characters here, Balantai.
Great job!
Thanks for the kind words, Lamaclown.
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:55 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Deleted.

Last edited by Balantai; December 8th, 2010 at 06:48 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards