Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 29th, 2019, 09:45 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Buffalo NY - NHSD - Mixed Marvel!

Buffalo NY NHSD

Hey Heroscapers! Over here near Buffalo NY, we are planning a Marvel superhero themed NHSD for October 19th! This is purely for fun, we just want to get together to play!

What: Heroscape, superheroes mixed in! We will be including C3G customs.

Where: Casual Dragon Games, located at 136 Walnut St, Lockport, NY 14094

When: October 19th, 2019, we are playing from 6:15-8:45 PM. Stop by and leave at any time, this is a lax play session!

What you need: Nothing! Just show up, Heroscape game supplies will be provided.

Maps/Scenarios:

---------------------------------
Endgame movie simulation: Thanos + Marro VS Avengers, kill Thanos (or if Thanos, kill enemy team,) using the Thanos card and infinity glyphs found here. I will provide the reference cards for each infinity stone. Pre-built armies for players to choose from, these have some Heroscape heroes + squads built into them. For any game bigger than 1v1 here, the first player knocked out gets to add Dund to their army at the end of the round, and place Dund anywhere adjacent to an ally.

Played on:

Shadow Crypt by @quozl
Appears to require: 1 AotP:SoI and 1 BftU. We will use these cards and associated rules for the Cryptoliths, and they will be destructible objects. Additionally, all weird spaces will be treated as BftU shadow spaces.
Glyphs: 6 infinity glyphs, Thanos will start with 2 in his possession

Marvel heroes & villains VS DC heroes & villains, kill the enemy team. One player/team will use only Marvel characters, while the other will use only DC characters. Joker vs Red Skull, Batman vs Punisher, etc. to prove which comic characters are stronger! Again, some Heroscape squads/heroes sprinkled in.

Played on:

Ruined City by @Leaf_It
Download
Required sets:2 Marvel, FotA (the upper level of the ruins will not be used, but we will use the destructible object walls/cards/rules for the ruins)
Glyphs: Gerda (Def+1) and Dagmar (Init +8 )

Mixed Marvel, assassinate the enemy Marvel unit. Each team must have one and only one comic character, and if yours dies first, you lose! Will be a 450 pt draft game with a pool of 6 heroes, 6 squads, and 4 Marvel units.

Played on:

Pure Gold by @superfrog
Download
Required sets:2 BftU, 1 RttFF
Glyphs: Wannok (Wound), 2 treasure glyphs

Attendees:
brandonwiker
+6 brandonwiker’s friends
Sir Dendrik
Lady Dendrik
You?

Maybes:
~3 brandonwiker’s friends
You?

Please post if you are interested in coming! If anybody wants additional info, ask away! I will be adding to this post in the near future as things cement.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; October 15th, 2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 04:28 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Buffalo NY - NHSD - Mixed Marvel!

I'm in. My wife will not be coming, though.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 7th, 2019, 08:12 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Scratch that-- my wife will be coming too.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 7th, 2019, 10:32 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Thank you for choosing to use one of my maps.
Looks like you have a gray map theme going.
I hope you have a good turn out.
Old October 7th, 2019, 11:11 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Scratch that-- my wife will be coming too.
Great! Noted.

FYI I added a bit of data into OP, mostly:

-Casual Dragon Games confirmed, we are playing 6:15 - 8:45 PM

-Maps/Scenarios updated. Sticking with 3 maps for now, as we can easily convert probably any of these into a 2v2. I can add an additional map if we get an unlikely horde of commits between now and game day.

* @Sir Dendrik Any chance you could build & bring the map "Pure Gold"? 2 BftU + 1 RttFF, let me know. I do not have the materials to make it after building the other two maps. I can always reselect a map if needed.

-I will likely be bringing some snacks, probably some pretzels, roasted peanuts, and/or relatively dry and clean snacks, I don't want grease/residue getting all over my scape if I can help it. Any peanut allergies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Thank you for choosing to use one of my maps.
Looks like you have a gray map theme going.
I hope you have a good turn out.
Yeah, it looks like a fun one! Whoops, realized I originally responded about the wrong map. I haven't had the chance to play on any of these three maps, or much of a chance to use some of the comic customs.

Before I forget, need to tag these guys:
@Taeblewalker
@Ericth74

You guys interested? Please see OP.
Old October 8th, 2019, 05:47 PM

@brandonwiker I will do my best to bring Pure Gold. I'm just getting back from vacation that morning but the game day is so late in the day that I don't think it would be an issue for me to build it that day and load it up.

Old October 9th, 2019, 09:30 PM

Alrighty, Pure Gold is built and ready to go.

Old October 11th, 2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Great, thank you.

Small update to OP, I forgot that since I reserved space for 6-9 PM, I still need time for setup/teardown. Playtime changed to 6:15 - 8:45 PM.
Old October 12th, 2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Sir D, I just realized I didn’t specify which treasure glyphs for Pure Gold. If you have two random treasure glyphs you can bring, feel free to bring them. Let me know if you have questions/concerns.
Old October 13th, 2019, 02:11 PM

Sweet, 4 of my crew confirmed for the 19th, edited OP.

@Taeblewalker and @Ericth74 would you guys like to join?

Any other silent protagonists out there looking to join the fun?
Old October 15th, 2019, 01:41 PM

2 more confirms, added to attending list!

I think I'm just about as ready as I'll ever be for Saturday. Maps ready, figures/cards/glyphs ready, dice/OMs ready. Hopefully I don't forget any of it this time.

Actually, I still need to purchase snacks. As of now, I plan on getting pretzels, salted popcorn, and roasted salted peanuts, and I will bring paper bowls/plates so we hopefully aren't too messy.
Old October 21st, 2019, 12:48 PM

Here's my summary of the night:

10-19 Battle Report – NHSD at Casual Dragon – Mixed Marvel

We had 7 participants (2 of our expected 9 had to drop last moment) for our game day, including one guy, SB, who has owned Heroscape for years, but has never played it by the rules! So, we split into a 2v2 game and a 1v1 game.

I sat with SB and Salty at the 1v1 game on Shadow Crypt, where I walked SB and Salty through how to play, since Salty needed a small refresher anyway. Salty was using the 1200 point Thanos as a solo card, but we negated his rewritten death ability, to significantly reduce the difficulty to kill him. SB used a team of Iron Man Mk IV (I think? It was the C3G one with the Uni-Beam and Repulsor attacks) and 2 squads of Sentinels of Jandar. Salty chose to start with the Soul and Time infinity gems in his gauntlet, while the Power, Space, Mind, and Reality gems were randomly scattered across the middle of the map.

Thanos (with Time + Soul Gem in gauntlet)
VS
Iron Man, Sentinels of Jandar x2

I randomly placed 2 Oms per card for SB, just to show him the ropes. Salty wins init and opens up the game by grabbing the Power gem, and then he shoots an angel down and takes his soul with the soul gem. Using Time gem, he reveals his X marker, grabs the Space gem, and fails to kill another angel. SB takes an elevation boosted melee attack against Thanos with Iron Man, deals some damage, and knocks the gauntlet out of Thanos’ hands. Salty responds by walking up to even height, but fails to damage Stark. Angels come flying toward the middle to back Iron Man up at this point, but their 1 range and 4 move is atrocious and unable to get them in range for attack. Thanos then disengages (I forget if wound is dealt) and grabs the gauntlet again. He fails to destroy an angel with his normal attack, but he uses the soul of the first angel he killed to launch an attack against another angel, and that nails a kill. The final turn of the round sees Stark flying on top of a cryptolith and using his Uni-Beam special attack to hit Thanos down below. He lands a wound, but SB rolls a natural 20 and Iron Man loses ALL of his powers for the remainder of the game, ouch.

Salty decides to use his 1 and his X in the next round to destroy the cryptolith that Iron Man is standing on, and it causes Stark to take a wound for falling damage in the process, since he no longer has super strength. I believe SB uses Stark and throws punches at Thanos here, and on Salty’s OM 2, he uses Space gem to teleport Thanos across the map next to the Mind gem. SB’s OM 2 sees Angels covering more ground as they chase the speedy and erratic Thanos. Thanos grabs the mind gem, and I think he kills an angel and takes his soul. SB walks Iron Man up the nearby cliff and grabs the Reality gem, as that is the last gem needed before Thanos can Snap! Thanos shoots at an angel, but it is blocked. I believe SB’s OM 3 was still just Angels traveling across the map.

Salty wins init again, and for OM1 he uses Space gem to teleport near SB’s start zone, and then he reveals the X to knockout an angel out with savage 8 attack dice in close combat. Stark uses his full 6 move to reach Thanos and deliver a wound with his normal attack, but Thanos swings right back for a wound. Angels are just chugging along, they can’t catch Thanos, and in the meantime he destroys Iron Man out with a bone-shattering punch, Reality stone laying on the ground now. I believe one angel engages and takes a swing at Thanos, but to no avail. At the end of this round, I believe it is two angels vs Thanos with 2 remaining life.

SB wins init, but his second angel is still two spaces out from engagement, and his engaged angel doesn’t land a wound. Thanos punches the angel out and then uses the Time gem to grab the Reality gem, and he now wields all six infinity stones. The last angel flies in and MAXES OUT his roll, but it is only enough to land a single wound. Oof. Thanos snaps, half of life is erased, but it does not exterminate the lone angel, as the angel just swings and swings at Thanos and can’t find an opening. Thanos uses Space gem to teleport atop a cryptolith to end the round, this forces the angel to have to destroy the cryptolith in order for him to engage and even take a swing at Thanos.

Within the following round, a one life Thanos finds himself victorious atop his 2 life cryptolith, dusting half of the universe and destroying his foes in battle, just another successful day in the life of a villain.

While the 1v1 was happening: At Sir Dendrik’s table it was a 2v2 mixed marvel assassination game on Pure Gold, where one team had to assassinate Spider-Man, while the other had to kill Hawkeye. This game finished before the Thanos game did. One piece that I saw, Spider-Man had picked up a defense +1 treasure glyph, while Isamu failed to pickup another glyph. I think the game had ended with a 1 life Spidey finishing off Hawkeye for the win. It sounded like most of Spidey’s team died quickly (and it looks like they did based on this picture)

After the first set of games completed, we swapped it up. We had Lady D and Salty play JR and XR in a 2v2 on Ruined City, where they played the Marvel vs DC battle, I believe they played approximately 675 points per team, split between each team player however they wished. Spoiler alert, DC wins, C3G Flash and Green Lantern OP. I didn’t get any pictures of that one, sorry. I hear that the Flash was super annoying with using his attacks and then running behind walls to hide from Silver Surfer and Punisher’s ranged attacks. Also, Green Lantern rolled his “extra attack/turn” ability (I forget the name of it) like 3-4 times in a row, which sealed the deal.

At Pure Gold, Sir D, SB, and I played a 2v1, Sir D played alone, but controlled two sets of armies/Oms to keep it even. We still stuck to the draft pool, 500 points per team, and assassinate enemy marvel character scenario. SB saw Deathwalker and Roman Archers and just had to have them. I drafted Hawkeye and a beautiful Feral Troll. Sir D drafted Mystique, Johnny Shotgun, and Isamu for one army, and then 2 squads of Ashra, 2 squads of Death Knights, and Dumutef Guard for his second army, thus, we are looking at:

DW9K, Roman Archers x2, Hawkeye, and Feral Troll
VS
Mystique, Johnny Shotgun, Isamu, Warriors of Ashra x2, Death Knights x2, Dumutef Guard

Sir D spawned Johnny Shotgun in the middle, and I realized we had to spread our army out in our start zone. Sir D won initiative, and used the shotgun aoe to hit three roman archers, but as luck would have it, he rolled one skull for the attack, and SB rolled one shield for two of the three romans. I walk the troll up and swing at Johnny for maybe a wound or two, and then the Ashra ladies being moving across the map. SB walks Deathwalker right up to Johnny Shotgun and kills him on a maxed out attack roll, my goodness. I think these first few rolls were foreshadowing how the dice were going to be for Sir D the rest of the game. I think Sir D lost an OM on Johnny, so I jumped my troll on the road, while ashra did the same on the other side, and roman archers began their climb onto dungeon spaces.

I moved my gorgeous troll up onto the highest two space road piece in the middle, where he was met by ashra, and Mystique took some shots at him, but I think Sir D couldn’t bring himself to harm such beauty, rolling 0 skulls on her ranged attack at him at least once, maybe twice. SB used 9K to blow up 3 ashra ladies on the road, it worked really well. I do specifically remember moving Hawkeye up just behind the troll, thinking that with his close quarters expert auto shield and his special attack, I wouldn’t have to worry about ashra messing him up.

The moment I went to use Hawkeye’s special attack was a shocker… I didn’t remember the “non-adjacent” part of it until I started reading his special attack on my turn after an ashra engaged. I wasn’t going to try and kill ashra with a normal attack, so I disengage Hawkeye, escaping unwounded, moved into shadow and used his special attack. Targeted 2 ashra and Mystique with it, rolled and hit all of them for one wound each. Sir D moved the last ashra to chase down Hawkeye, but she was killed by the disengage attack when she ran past the Feral Troll, and that spelled the end of the ashra for this match.

Roman Archers volley at Mystique, but arrows go wildly off target with 0 skulls rolled on 6 dice. Sir D makes a calculated move, engaging Mystique into an archer that is standing right next to Wannok, leaving Mystique on a shadow space. Due to Mystique’s extremely unique abilities, she is unable to be targeted by non-adjacent attacks while she is engaged with an enemy, yet she can also freely shoot whoever she wants while she is engaged. So, Sir D shoots at Hawkeye and I believe gets his first wound against him here.

I believe for another 2-3 turns, Mystique sits next to that archer and keeps shooting at Hawkeye, getting another wound in, but also blanking on 4 dice in there. With the ashra dead in the second army, Sir D rolled Dumutef and Death Knights out, threatening Hawkeye’s new position in shadow. I had to ask SB to spend a turn moving Roman Archers in front to be meat shields for Hawkeye, since he had two life left and I had no more OMs on him. SB just had to use arrow volley on the Dumutef, who was some spaces ahead of the DKs. SB nails the kill, while the troll with 5 wounds jumps into shadow and takes some swings at Mystique over a few turns, restoring his beautiful body all the while.

Around this point, Mystique goes down, but we continue to play out the rest of the game, since Casual Dragon would close in 30 minutes and we wouldn’t have time for another game. Sir D brought Isamu and his 4 DKs into the fray, although Isamu immediately died to the roman arrow volley. DKs met the now two wound troll in the middle, and very quickly brought him back up to 5 wounds. Somehow, or for some reason that I don’t remember, SB had moved 9K into engagement with the DKs, and he used explosion on an engaged DK on two separate occasions. I believe for both of the explosions, he rolled one skull, but miraculously Sir D blanked on at least one DK while defending each explosion, thus two DKs go down in the round.

With my troll at 5 wounds and surrounded by Death Knights, I contemplated dumping my OMs on him or just using Hawkeye. The sucker that I am, I put 1, 2, and 3 on troll. Perhaps in a small swing of luck that Sir D needed, he wins initiative and manages to kill the troll with the 3 skulls rolled out of his 4 total dice chucked at the troll via the DKs. So, the remainder of the round sees a squad of DKs trying to cut through 9K’s defense, but in the end they fail to do it. 9K stands proud in the middle of the map at the end of this game, he probably doesn’t get to do that very often…

Thanks again Sir D for bringing the map! It was a fun night.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; October 22nd, 2019 at 12:49 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events