Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old July 12th, 2010, 11:35 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SANDSHREW!

Here is the Bulbapedia page on Sandshrew.
His pokedex entries mention him rolling into a ball quite a lot, maybe Defnse curl does have some merit. Also, Rapid Spin might be kind of fun, like a 2 dice attack that hits all adjacent enemies or something.

Old July 12th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
His pokedex entries mention him rolling into a ball quite a lot, maybe Defnse curl does have some merit. Also, Rapid Spin might be kind of fun, like a 2 dice attack that hits all adjacent enemies or something.
I think we should save rapid spin for the Staryu/Starmie line.

Old July 12th, 2010, 12:08 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
I think we should save rapid spin for the Staryu/Starmie line.
Agreed.
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:13 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

Alright, here's a slightly new take based on your input.

Sandshrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post

Sandshrew

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert (Timid? But that's a nature...)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

~70 - 80 points?

Special Abilities/Attacks:

Sand Attack:
Whenever this Sandshrew is targeted for a normal attack by an adjacent enemy, you may roll a 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the attacking figure rolls one less attack die, to a minimum of one attack die.

Rapid Spin:
This Sandshrew may attack any or all of the figures adjacent to it. Roll each attack separately.

Climb x2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, this Sandshrew may double its Height.
Changes in Blue.

Thanks to Wulf for Sand Attack and Minimoose for Rapid Spin.

Now that I think about it, I kind of see Staryu/Starmie learning Swift.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:20 PM

In the end it's all up to Fiddlerjones.
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

Quote:
Alright, here's a slightly new take based on your input.

Sandshrew

Quote:

Sandshrew

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert (Timid? But that's a nature...)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

~70 - 80 points?

Special Abilities/Attacks:

Sand Attack:
Whenever this Sandshrew is targeted for a normal attack by an adjacent enemy, you may roll a 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the attacking figure rolls one less attack die, to a minimum of one attack die.

Rapid Spin:
This Sandshrew may attack any or all of the figures adjacent to it. Roll each attack separately.

Climb x2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, this Sandshrew may double its Height.
Changes in Blue.

Thanks to Wulf for Sand Attack and Minimoose for Rapid Spin.

Now that I think about it, I kind of see Staryu/Starmie learning Swift.
When I think Sandshrew I don't think Rapid Spin. I think Sand Attack, Defense Curl, Dig and Scratch/Fury Swipes. And if anyone watched the show, that's what he did, he would roll into a ball or burrow underground, and scratch like a wild animal.

Also, is there any specific reason that we're using that version of Sand Attack? Why are we being inconsistent?
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't like rapid spin for sandshrew. I prefer the sand attack, defense curl, dig, scratch/fury swipes approach.

Also I prefer the sand attack that cancels the adjacent attack. That way it's similar to smokescreen yet has a difference. This will make him a nice melee pokemon to use.
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the Disappear/Hide In Darkness aspect of Sand Attack more than reducing attack/raising defense dice. I also like the idea of a Defense Curl ability, maybe kind of like withdraw, but with a shorter effect term. Maybe something like:

Defense Curl-If this Sandshrew does not attack, you may add two to its defense dice until you reveal your next order marker.

Kind of like Estivara-more defense, but only for one (two with end of round complications) of your opponent's turn, where Squirtle's Withdraw can last a whole game if it doesn't move one turn. If Sandshrew has Defense Curl and Sand Attack, it would make a fun Pokemon you use as a staller; engage the enemy and blind it with Sand Attack while the rest of your figures advance.
And I'm sorry, but I've got to say I don't like Sandshrew with Rapid Spin. It might work if we make it do what it's supposed to (remove spikes/leech seed/other effects) but I think Rollout is better for a Sandshrew than Rapid Spin as far as spinny attacks go. But, even more I like Sandshrew as a kind of defender with Defense Curl and Sand Attack.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dig is more of a Diglett/Dugtrio move. I don't think it fits sandshrew.

Old July 12th, 2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I like the Disappear/Hide In Darkness aspect of Sand Attack more than reducing attack/raising defense dice. I also like the idea of a Defense Curl ability, maybe kind of like withdraw, but with a shorter effect term. Maybe something like:

Defense Curl-If this Sandshrew does not attack, you may add two to its defense dice until you reveal your next order marker.

Kind of like Estivara-more defense, but only for one (two with end of round complications) of your opponent's turn, where Squirtle's Withdraw can last a whole game if it doesn't move one turn. If Sandshrew has Defense Curl and Sand Attack, it would make a fun Pokemon you use as a staller; engage the enemy and blind it with Sand Attack while the rest of your figures advance.
And I'm sorry, but I've got to say I don't like Sandshrew with Rapid Spin. It might work if we make it do what it's supposed to (remove spikes/leech seed/other effects) but I think Rollout is better for a Sandshrew than Rapid Spin as far as spinny attacks go. But, even more I like Sandshrew as a kind of defender with Defense Curl and Sand Attack.
I would have to agree. Make sandshrew a nice staller, a pain to kill in melee to act as someone to hold down ranged. I think sand attack should work against special attacks too though.
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
I think sand attack should work against special attacks too though.
I'm iffy on this issue. I don't think it would mesh with Classic 'scape so well, as Special Attacks generally aren't affected by these kind of abilities (exception Isamu), but it looks like most Pokemon are going to have special attacks (one small pro for this, Sandshrew will trump Electric types, as their Electric Special Attacks won't work against it). Maybe if we can lay off of the Special Attacks so much, it would work against just normal (I like the idea that came up about using a Special Power to give a normal attack a type). Otherwise, we'll probably have let Sand Attack work against specials (not too big of a deal, just a slight inconsistency feel (maybe just for me though)).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
I think sand attack should work against special attacks too though.
I'm iffy on this issue. I don't think it would mesh with Classic 'scape so well, as Special Attacks generally aren't affected by these kind of abilities (exception Isamu), but it looks like most Pokemon are going to have special attacks (one small pro for this, Sandshrew will trump Electric types, as their Electric Special Attacks won't work against it). Maybe if we can lay off of the Special Attacks so much, it would work against just normal (I like the idea that came up about using a Special Power to give a normal attack a type). Otherwise, we'll probably have let Sand Attack work against specials (not too big of a deal, just a slight inconsistency feel (maybe just for me though)).
Think of it like this: I don't care if you are attacking me with your fists or with a bolt of lightning or with a sword - if I throw sand in your eyes, you are going to miss, guaranteed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum