Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 9th, 2010, 08:50 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

We based it off of Cloud of Darkness on Estivara but now that you mention it it does seem closer to WTF. It's possible that the two were based off of each other.

Old July 9th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I don't think "it recieves one additional die to its defense" is official wording.

I still think Wulf and I had it with. "After taking a turn with this Squirtle, if this Squirtle did not move, it may roll one additional defense die until the next time you reveal an order marker."
My bad, its 'add 1 die to its defense.'

In other situations it would be 'receives one additional attack/defense die.' But in this situation, you have to specify adding to its defense stat, not just rolling another die.
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
I don't think "it recieves one additional die to its defense" is official wording.

I still think Wulf and I had it with. "After taking a turn with this Squirtle, if this Squirtle did not move, it may roll one additional defense die until the next time you reveal an order marker."

In other situations it would be 'receives one additional attack/defense die.' But in this situation, you have to specify adding to its defense stat, not just rolling another die.
So you agree with Wulf and I's wording?

Old July 9th, 2010, 08:54 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you agree with Wulf and I's wording?
No, because your wording is suggesting rolling an additional die, while my wording is actually adding to your defense stat.
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:57 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

What would be the difference in the mechanics of the two wordings?
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
I said I didn't want to have to get into detail ... but 'rolling additional die' is used for temporary effects that last only as long as the conditions for the effect apply, where as adding die to your stats will remain on other turns as well. In most cases the wording itself doesn't make a difference, but some character's abilities may be affected by this difference (Torin's Evil Eye Protection for example.) Its not that people won't be able to know the difference, its for consistency with the rest of Heroscape's wording.
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:18 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
I said I didn't want to have to get into detail ... but 'rolling additional die' is used for temporary effects that last only as long as the conditions for the effect apply, where as adding die to your stats will remain on other turns as well. In most cases the wording itself doesn't make a difference, but some character's abilities may be affected by this difference (Torin's Evil Eye Protection for example.) Its not that people won't be able to know the difference, its for consistency with the rest of Heroscape's wording.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Withdraw
After taking a turn with this Squirtle, it may roll one additional defense die until the next time you reveal an order marker.
Yet, this version here is based on a modification of Estivara's power and thus, official wording. I removed the movement restriction because, at the end of its turn, Squirtle has stopped moving, yes? And the condition is the next time it reveals an OM, right? Well, if you leave the movement condition in there, it's possible to negate its Withdraw bonus by simply using Pidgey's Whirlwind. Squirtle moved, right? Technically, yes. And technically, it would not get the Withdraw bonus anymore. The version above is based on official wording, verbatim, and is the way to go here.
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Withdraw
After taking a turn with this Squirtle, it may roll one additional defense die until the next time you reveal an order marker.
Yet, this version here is based on a modification of Estivara's power and thus, official wording. I removed the movement restriction because, at the end of its turn, Squirtle has stopped moving, yes? And the condition is the next time it reveals an OM, right? Well, if you leave the movement condition in there, it's possible to negate its Withdraw bonus by simply using Pidgey's Whirlwind. Squirtle moved, right? Technically, yes. And technically, it would not get the Withdraw bonus anymore. The version above is based on official wording, verbatim, and is the way to go here.
But we can't base it off the wording of Estivara completely because Extivara requires a different condition, and gives a different outcome. The only constant is the duration of the outcome. Also, your wording above just stated that he has adds 1 defense unless its his turn
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Withdraw
But we can't base it off the wording of Estivara completely because Extivara requires a different condition, and gives a different outcome. The only constant is the duration of the outcome. Also, your wording above just stated that he has adds 1 defense unless its his turn
Like I said we started with Estivara. We ended up with WTF which is what we want.

Old July 9th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Like I said we started with Estivara. We ended up with WTF which is what we want.
Except do we still want the "either move or attack" thing?
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

From the TV series, the "Squirtle Squad" were pretty Tricky (very mischievous). I suggest changing from Loyal to Tricky.
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Meh, I think they were the exception, not the rule.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum