Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 18th, 2018, 03:24 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Scorpion (Hanzo Hasashi) - Initial Playtesti

If you're supposed to be able to shut down Get Over Here by engaging that makes several orders of magnitude worth of difference in power and pricing.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
If being able to engage him with someone can shut down the auto wound power, that would make an impact. The teleport away power means it won't be an effective strategy for long unless you can keep chasing him down each time he moves on you though.
Well, he only teleports on the attack, only if he rolls a blank, and if he rolls one on the first attack he has to make a choice between breaking away and striking again. He shouldn't be too difficult to tie down.

What I don't want is for a requirement for him to be disengaged at the start of his turn if he wants to use Get Over Here!, like with Kirigi, but if he has to make a choice to disengage to pull someone towards him, I'm happy with that.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Well, it's already an after moving power so that shouldn't be too difficult.

"GET OVER HERE!"

After moving and before attacking with Scorpion, if Scorpion is unengaged, you may choose one small or medium non-adjacent figure within 4 clear sight spaces whose base is no more than 8 levels above Scorpion's height or 8 levels below Scorpion's base. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the figure receives one wound and you may place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Scorpion. The first time you attack that figure this turn, add 1 skull to your attack roll. Figures placed by "Get Over Here!" do not take leaving engagement attacks.

Pair him up with Weather Wizard for some free disengage action.
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Well, it's already an after moving power so that shouldn't be too difficult.

"GET OVER HERE!"

After moving and before attacking with Scorpion, if Scorpion is unengaged, you may choose one small or medium non-adjacent figure within 4 clear sight spaces whose base is no more than 8 levels above Scorpion's height or 8 levels below Scorpion's base. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the figure receives one wound and you may place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Scorpion. The first time you attack that figure this turn, add 1 skull to your attack roll. Figures placed by "Get Over Here!" do not take leaving engagement attacks.

Pair him up with Weather Wizard for some free disengage action.
That's what I was thinking!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:43 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I like that direction. He wants to be taking on a new target, kind of how the DnD fighter class always has powers allowing them to challenge newcomers to fight.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:45 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I gotta say I'm a little surprised to find you on defense this quickly, though. You can be pretty snarky yourself at times.
That's why I usually don't feel the need to not be blunt about things with you LO, as you have been pretty snarky/rude/blunt with thoughts at times. Like the way you pointed out Yoda's math fail, or when you outright say a design is horrible or not worth ever drafting in playtest reports etc. I figured it was a mutual thing. Never intending any personal attack.

As for the power getting changed, I hadn't realized that was something you weren't aware of. Spider-Man and Spawn are 2 examples where that is possible, so I figured that's what you wanted. If he needs to be unengaged, yeah, that will help points wise for sure. 210 would at least be in the discussion then I'd imagine. We'll see.
Old July 18th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
I gotta say I'm a little surprised to find you on defense this quickly, though. You can be pretty snarky yourself at times.
That's why I usually don't feel the need to not be blunt about things with you LO, as you have been pretty snarky/rude/blunt with thoughts at times. Like the way you pointed out Yoda's math fail, or when you outright say a design is horrible or not worth ever drafting in playtest reports etc. I figured it was a mutual thing. Never intending any personal attack.

As for the power getting changed, I hadn't realized that was something you weren't aware of. Spider-Man and Spawn are 2 examples where that is possible, so I figured that's what you wanted. If he needs to be unengaged, yeah, that will help points wise for sure. 210 would at least be in the discussion then I'd imagine. We'll see.
That's fair enough - I do tend to have a sarcastic sense of humour and I will pick people up on things (though I will say that when I point out a design is terrible in playtest reports, I attempt to do so with the utmost tact, praise what I can about it and provide suggestions on how to fix the problems with it... ). As I said, I have issues with a thin skin that I am working on and it can sometimes be hard to judge tone over the internet. Now you've made the situation clear, I'm certain I'll be able to take it better.

As far as the power... I could see it working the other way, but it feels like an easy, thematic to tone him down to the level we were looking for that I was intending anyway, so...

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 18th, 2018, 04:00 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
As I said, I have issues with a thin skin that I am working on and it can sometimes be hard to judge tone over the internet.
This, this, and more of this. I'm not sure about your upbringing, but I got into texting and all of that a few years later than most of my peers and I can have the darndest time reading tone properly at times. I've significantly improved since entering college and having a lot of really close friends to bounce reflection off of all the time. When I was younger though, things would get to me like lightning and that admittedly was not good for me. Spending a lot of time in mature online communities like this one definitely helps go a long way on that front, though, so I have a lot of appreciation for the quality and tone variety in discussions here as a test of my growth if nothing else.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 18th, 2018, 04:31 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
As an alternative to 1v1 tests, you could figure out a starting cost for army tests by examining the entrails of a freshly-slaughtered sheep.

With substantially more accuracy and free meat included!
Jesus, why are you guys being so damn hostile? I've always found 1v1s useful for certain figures to get relevant data quickly. You're attacking me over this feels a bit much. Honestly, I'm increasingly feeling the joy being sucked out of this whole project for me. It feels too much like hard work and having to constantly fight one battle or another.

Considering how much I've heard SG-1, and dok for that matter, dismissing 1vs1 test I took this as nothing but Humor...Now had you quoted Arkham's response maybe but both those guys were making jokes. Me I run 1vs1 test for non synergistic figures just to make a guess at points since my theoryscape is...not good. I don't typically post those since they are often quick and dirty and I don't take notes.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 19th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Hard as ice

Army Test 1
Map: Mayberry by mad_wookie (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Star-Lord, Scorpion (Hanzo Hasashi) (205), Black Canary, Kitana, Robin (Damien Wayne), 2x Hand Ninja (1080 points)
vs.
Two Face (vII), Black Mask (vII), Penguin (vII), Green Goblin, Tombstone, Clayface (Preston Payne), Mister Zsasz (1080 points)

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 20th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Hard as ice

- Theme Test - Pass - From what I know of him, he feels just like Scorpion.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass - He's certainly one of the stronger bonding options for the Hand, but considering they can also bond with Winter Soldier, Lady Deathstrike and Gamora, Scorpion's not really a concern - just a strong bonding hero.
- Synergies Test - Pass - See above.
- Power Check - Pass - He's scary, but has notable weaknesses, can be brought down without to much difficulty and is very reliant on the D20 (though leaving him for cleanup helps with that last one to a degree).
- Fun Test - Definite Pass! He feels like loads of fun, and just like my favourite Mortal Kombat kharacter.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - Particularly due to his low defence/high life combo - you don't see that often in C3G, and it's refreshing when you do, even in a more downplayed case like this.
- Drafting Test - Pass - Particularly in Foot Clan/Hand Ninja builds, but he has his worth as a stand-alone hero as well.
- Usage Test - Pass - All powers were regularly used and extremely useful.
- Strategy Test - Pass - He’s very strategic - first there’s the fact that he’s best for clean-up, both due to the nature of the character and the nature of Hellfire Vengeance. Combat Teleport can allow for interesting options and tactical choices when it comes to movement, attacks and positioning, and “Get Over Here!” is a really fun and tactically interesting power that can force you to make strategic risks when it comes to disengagement and simply your ability to attack.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Scorpion (Hanzo Hasashi)

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 205?
- Give a brief overview. I really like this guy - from what I know, he feels just like Scorpion. He feels just a little under the 200 pointers at present, but in Army Tests he’ll be better because Hellfire Vengeance will allow Get Over Here! to be more reliable. I like the idea of his cost ending with 5 - fits in nicely with the other ninjas and underlines his status as a bit of a loner. I also really like the idea of him ending up at 205 - we only have two figures there at present, Meggan who’s main thing is being willing to work with literally anyone and Torquemada who’s main thing is hating anyone who isn’t like him (odd bit of symmetry...) and basically acting as a leader figure you build armies around. It’d be nice to have a nice, solid, generally good fighter coming in at that cost.
Map: Blackroot (no glyphs)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
Map: Mayberry by mad_wookie (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Star-Lord, Scorpion (Hanzo Hasashi) (205), Black Canary, Kitana, Robin (Damien Wayne), 2x Hand Ninja (1080 points)
vs.
Two Face (vII), Black Mask (vII), Penguin (vII), Green Goblin, Tombstone, Clayface (Preston Payne), Mister Zsasz (1080 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Running Hot by dok (no glyphs)
Armies:
Captain America (C3G), Leonardo, Karai, Scorpion (Hanzo Hasashi) (205), Raphael, Bucky, 3x Hand Ninja (1325 Points)
vs.
Martian Manhunter (vII), Sub-Zero, Hawkgirl, Huntress, Vixen, Echo (1,325 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I think I’ve said everything I have to say. I’m really happy with where this guy is. Unless anyone objects, I’ll propose moving him to Public at 205 tomorrow.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 20th, 2018, 08:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

He's pilling up a lot of damage, but his team is still losing, kind of reminds me of Conan who could crush it on damage but his team would still lose.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library