Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 17th, 2020, 10:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nova (Breathing Period)

150 point Venom or 230 point Venom?

I had a friend in High School that could grow a full beard at 16 or so.
Old May 17th, 2020, 11:35 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
150 point Venom or 230 point Venom?
1999 Venom? I guess I just feel like he could handle the majority of Spidey villains in a 1v1, but some of the bigger names like Ock, Venom, and Goblin would be real struggles for him.

What if we split the difference and just lowered his attack for now? I'd still be interested in bringing it back up if he was coming in too weak, but between his own powers and what we have planned for Night Thrasher, he should have no problem getting that attack number pretty high.
Old May 18th, 2020, 09:21 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think we can probably thread the needle here with power level. I'd ballpark early solo Nova as like, 170-190, and New Warriors (and then pre-Annihilation) at like, 190-210. So I don't mind aiming for like 200-210, with a little wiggle room, which I think should satisfy everyone. Split the difference on stats for now and see how he feels in real life.

I'm fine with dropping attack, but I'll mention that we could lower his Defense here to 4 - that makes it symmetrical with the other Nova Prime, but obviously he wouldn't have Worldmind Support and would be way less consistent. That makes him kind of a glass cannon, you can get his attack up pretty high, but he's not going to take too many hits.
Old May 18th, 2020, 10:27 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw, I have him at 210 on the calculator as is.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 18th, 2020, 01:40 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm fine with dropping attack, but I'll mention that we could lower his Defense here to 4 - that makes it symmetrical with the other Nova Prime, but obviously he wouldn't have Worldmind Support and would be way less consistent. That makes him kind of a glass cannon, you can get his attack up pretty high, but he's not going to take too many hits.
I considered the symmetry there, but I don't really want glass cannon here. He's pretty durable, and I think the fact that his main gimmick will have him taking LEAs will already means the enemy will get some cheap shots in.

I do have a question, since you seem generally knowledgable about the character. Should he have some sort of ranged blast? I'm pretty sure classic 70s Nova didn't have one, but I've been digging into some of his solo 90s stuff (especially the issues I didn't have growing up) and it seems like letting loose with a big eye blast does happen on occasion. Do we think that's important enough to capture on the card, maybe as a once-per-game thing?

Here's a fight with Gladiator (Nova (1994), issue #1), I think it details a lot of what I'm talking about. He can go blow-for-blow with a Superman-level character, even if he is clearly outmatched, and he ends it with a big energy explosion thing. (Also be warned, it's 11 pages. )
Spoiler Alert!

I kinda feel like I have a solid vision for how I want him to feel, so maybe the best thing is just to get him on the battlefield and feel it out?
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looks like he gets owned by Gladiator to me. Didn't know Gladiator could pick up an entire train and throw it at someone, that certainly wasn't repped on the card I was working on for him. I'd say him emerging from that wreckage shows he's got a higher life number rather than great defense. He gets hit, but he keeps getting back up. (Go the Distance?) The last part before he does something to hurt Gladiator, he talks about absorbing energy in order to power up that attack. So something like what Bishop has would be a good starting point if you want to rep that. Or maybe a once per game attack that rolls attack dice based on the number of wound markers on his card (if you go the higher life route).
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Oh, and what do you think about giving him disengage so he can do his human missile thing more often?
Old May 18th, 2020, 04:15 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Looks like he gets owned by Gladiator to me. Didn't know Gladiator could pick up an entire train and throw it at someone, that certainly wasn't repped on the card I was working on for him.
Yeah, Gladiator is a Superman pastiche, so he's pretty tough. Definitely over 400 points in our terms. Like Rich was obviously going to lose that fight, but I think it says something that he was able to hurt a character of that caliber.
Quote:
I'd say him emerging from that wreckage shows he's got a higher life number rather than great defense. He gets hit, but he keeps getting back up. (Go the Distance?)
I like Go the Distance a lot, but I'm worried the card would feel a bit crowded, especially if we're adding an explosion power. 5 life is consistent with Nova Prime, but bumping it could work I guess.
Quote:
The last part before he does something to hurt Gladiator, he talks about absorbing energy in order to power up that attack. So something like what Bishop has would be a good starting point if you want to rep that. Or maybe a once per game attack that rolls attack dice based on the number of wound markers on his card (if you go the higher life route).
It seems like the "absorbing energy" thing was more of a one time thing? Most of the other times he seems to be able to do it without needing to absorb stuff.

I really like the idea of it being a once-per-game thing based off of wounds though. That really sells it as a desperation move to me, sort of like Human Torch's Supernova. (Plus, you can sell it as him needing to absorb energy as well if you want.)
Quote:
GRAVIMETRIC PULSE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack Special.
Once per game, Nova may use Gravimetric Pulse Special Attack. All figures adjacent to Nova are affected by Gravimetric Pulse Special Attack. Roll X attack dice once for all affected figures, where X is the number of Wound Markers and Nova Markers on this card. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately.
How does that look?
Quote:
Oh, and what do you think about giving him disengage so he can do his human missile thing more often?
I like the risky mechanic of potentially take damage to score a big hit on an enemy. It all depends on if it feels worth it in battle though.
Old May 18th, 2020, 04:38 PM
C3G Landlord

I would give the SA a base number to start with, 2+Special or something. I guess the number depends on how much life he has as that creates the cap. Would drop the OM portion as putting a bunch of OM's on a guy with 1 life left isn't generally a good idea. Which means Oracle would become his best friend.
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't have much firsthand solo Nova experience (pre-Annihilation) - mostly just stuff in New Warriors, and I guess in Spider-Girl if that counts. I don't find it super iconic for him to be using energy blasts in that era but, yeah, probably justifiable if you want to go in that direction.
Old May 18th, 2020, 06:39 PM
Just A Head

Re: The Book of Nova (VOTE for Initial Playtesting)

I kinda feel similar to you. Read a lot of New Warriors growing up, and eventually the 70s run, and shooting energy wasn't really part of my mental image of the character. But flipping through the 90s solo series, it's something he's doing every issue or two, so I kinda feel obligated to include it now.

Anyways, I think the best thing for now is to just get some matches in with him and see how it feels. I'd like to call a VOTE for Initial Playtesting with this design;
Quote:
NAME = NOVA
SECRET IDENTITY = RICHARD RIDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RECKLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 210?

FORCED TO THE LIMITS
At the start of the game, place 2 gold Nova Markers in a Nova Force pool. At the start of the round, you may move any number of Nova Markers from the Nova Force Pool to this card. If you do, add 1 to Nova's Move and Attack numbers for each Nova Marker on this card, to a maximum of +2. At the end of the round, remove those markers from the game.

HUMAN ROCKET
Nova may attack with his normal attack at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. If Nova attacks a figure that was at least 3 spaces away before Nova moved this turn with his normal attack, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. Human Rocket may only be used if Nova used his normal Flying move for all of his movement this turn.

GRAVIMETRIC PULSE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack Special.
Once per game, Nova may use Gravimetric Pulse Special Attack. All figures adjacent to Nova are affected by Gravimetric Pulse Special Attack. Roll X attack dice once for all affected figures, where X is the number of Wound Markers and Nova Markers on this card. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Do we need to clarify how the Combat Dexterity effect works with a Special Attack? I don't think we've ever done both on the same card before.
Old May 18th, 2020, 08:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Nova (Initial Playtesting)

The wording reads a bit wonky in Human Rocket, but that's sortable later. Never mind seeing checklists.

Write up looks solid. Yea

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library