Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 24th, 2020, 11:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Orange Construct (Controller) (VOTE for Init

yea

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 25th, 2020, 07:48 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Orange Construct (Controller) (Initial)

This passes, btw.
Old March 28th, 2020, 06:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Orange Construct (Controller)

Army Test 1
Map: Island Plane Crash (Glyph of Wannok)
Units: Team 1 (1,000):Larfleeze (360), Glomulus (140), Stolen Identity Construct x3 (300), Controller Construct x4 (200)
Team 2 (1,000): Nightwing (200), Starfire (210, Raven (190), Arsenal (190), Red Robin (Smoke Pellet) (160), Atom (50)

Pre-game thoughts: Wanted to start off with a little Glyph interplay just so that part of the Oranges isn’t being ignored.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Note the clean sweep on initiative by T1. A rough loss for the Oranges. I may have played Larfleeze a bit too proactive here, but Atom did practically nothing here, so the Oranges essentially lost to a 950 pt Titans team.

Army Test 2
Units: Team 1 (1,000):Larfleeze (360), Glomulus (140), Controller Construct x10 (500)
Team 2 (1,000): Nightwing (200), Starfire (210, Raven (190), Arsenal (190), Red Robin (Smoke Pellet) (160), Atom (50)

Pre-game thoughts: A re-match with all Controllers in place of the Stolen Identities, just to see which feels more effective.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: There was definitely some good luck going on here, but I do feel like the Controllers are a bit too powerful, overshadowing the Stolen Identities.

Army Test 3
Units: Team 1 (990): Larfleeze (360), Livewire (Psiot) (230), Orange Construct (Controller) x8 (400)
Team 2 (1,000): Fantastic Four

(Sorry they’re not even, japes)

Pre-game thoughts: Trying an exploit with Livewire to give the group an extra attack a turn.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: This combo is really strong, enabling Larfleeze to constantly throw extra attacks of 7 dice on top of what his Constructs are doing. And speaking of the Constructs, even with their decreased attack and move they absolutely shredded the F4 with Orange Construct Ambush easily allowing them to get around the F4 to Invisible Woman.
Well, this isn't going to be as easy as I thought.

Taking a brief pause here to share with the class. I've run into 2 core problems here;

1) Controllers are a better value than Stolen Identities all things considered, so it's kinda hard to justify drafting the SIs when you can get 2 Controllers for the same cost. I want these guys to make the Oranges more viable as a whole, but I don't want the new guys to overshadow what I view as the "soul" of the faction. (Larfleeze+Stolen Identities) To that end, I think a power along the lines of this could really help;
Quote:
HORDES OF THE HOARDED
All Orange Constructs that are not Controllers that are adjacent to 1 or more Controller Orange Constructs add 1 to their Defense number.
I don't really care about the specifics, but I like the idea of adjusting them to be Constructs that support other Constructs, rather than just a combat Construct at half the cost of the main combat Construct. Any ideas on how to make something like that feel more Orange?

2) Larfleeze+Livewire+Controllers is a good combo. Don't really have an easy solution here, so it may just have to be what it is.
Old March 28th, 2020, 09:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think it would make more thematic sense (as an "ambush" unit) to have them subtract from opponents' attack than add to your guys' defense.
Old March 28th, 2020, 11:08 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think it would make more thematic sense (as an "ambush" unit) to have them subtract from opponents' attack than add to your guys' defense.
Makes sense to me.

Quote:
NAME = ORANGE CONSTRUCT
SECRET IDENTITY = CONTROLLER

SPECIES = ENERGY
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = CONSTRUCT
PERSONALITY = CORRUPT?

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 50?

ORANGE CONSTRUCT AMBUSH
These Orange Constructs do not start the game on the battlefield. After revealing an Order Marker on Orange Lantern's Army Card, you may immediately place up to 3 Controller Orange Constructs in your army that are not on the battlefield and not destroyed on any empty spaces within 3 clear sight spaces of that Orange Lantern. For the rest of your turn, all the placed Constructs add 1 automatic skull to their attack rolls. If you no longer control any Orange Lanterns, destroy all Controller Orange Constructs you control.

ATTENTION HOG
If a figure adjacent to this Orange Construct attacks any other Orange Construct you control that is not a Controller, that figure subtracts 1 from its Attack number.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
I do think it's best to drop You're Mine! if we're adding this power. YM! didn't come up at all in my 3 games anyways really; they're so good at swarming that you'll often be engaged with 2 or 3 at a time, meaning you're not really planning to disengage anyways.

I'm suspecting stats might have to go even lower to keep that 50 point price tag. Hoping they don't drop too much more, but these guys still feel like an effective threat even at 3 attack dice.

While we're at it, anyone have personality thoughts? I went with Corrupt cause that's what the SIs are, but I don't really know if we want to repeat a personality. Not a major issue, just something to think about.
Old March 28th, 2020, 11:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That change works for me.

Going through the sortable index for personality: Aggressive, Cruel, Deadly, Destructive, Envious, Fearsome, Greedy, Insatiable, Opportunistic.
Old March 28th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
That change works for me.

Going through the sortable index for personality: Aggressive, Cruel, Deadly, Destructive, Envious, Fearsome, Greedy, Insatiable, Opportunistic.
Thanks Archie! I like Insatiable. The Lanterns are Greedy, SIs are Corrupt, and Glomulus is Ravenous. Insatiable feels like a nice addition there.
Old March 29th, 2020, 10:56 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Don’t know these guys, but looks good. Fine with the proposed changes. Do you want them to protect Orange Lanterns also? Or just constructs?
Old March 29th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Don’t know these guys, but looks good. Fine with the proposed changes. Do you want them to protect Orange Lanterns also? Or just constructs?
Maybe they should be protecting OLs, but mechanically I think that would be a pretty big power boost, and thematically I can justify it either way. I think I’m leaning towards just having them protect Constructs for now.
Old March 30th, 2020, 01:30 AM
Just A Head

Version Tested
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
NOTE: Changed out You’re Mine! for Attention Hog

C3G IINITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Orange Construct (Wiimote)

Army Test 1
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Larfleeze (360), Glomulus (140), Stolen Identity x3 (300), Controller x4 (200)
Team 2 (1,000): Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Spider-Man (250), Speedball (150), Jewel (150)

Pre-game thoughts: Testing out the new power. Also loaded T2 up with some juicy targets for the SIs.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Larfleeze really struggles when faced with units that can dodge around his Constructs to target him.

Army Test 2
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Larfleeze (360), Glomulus (140), Controller x10 (500)
Team 2 (1,000): Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Spider-Man (250), Speedball (150), Jewel (150)

Pre-game thoughts: Another rematch to see if this change has made them less viable as solo units.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: A win, but a small one. They’re scrappy, but ironically in this game I really missed getting Construct Iron Fist or Construct Spider-Man. I like that part of the strategy with this army is choosing what enemy units to target and take for your own. Feels very greedy.
Feels spot-on theme-wise, and I'm convinced they can be balanced at 50 points without too many changes. They're probably pulling a tad more than their fair share of weight, but I think the Oranges need that in order to galvanize them a bit, and I think the addition of the new power makes it so they're not overwhelming the other (more exciting) options the faction has.

Didn't try them with Luthor, but I'm not really worried about that combo at all.

Last edited by MrNobody; March 30th, 2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old March 30th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looking good!
Old March 30th, 2020, 02:14 PM
Just A Head

Re: The Book of Orange Construct (Controller) (VOTE for Publ

I'd like to call a VOTE for Public Playtesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library