Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 7th, 2020, 06:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

Thanks. Been mulling the baby for awhile now.
The second move bonus can be easily dropped from The Lollipop.
Is Clock Keeper too much of a counter-draft to Initiative manipulators?
I figured you are not getting a lot out of Prez so it should be OK.
Old April 7th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think it's okay to give init-boosters that kind of counter; they all kinda counter each other anyway.
Old April 7th, 2020, 07:49 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. It sort of worked out with his hometown being named Steadfast.
Old April 13th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = SCIENTIST SUPREME
SECRET IDENTITY = ANDREW FORSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VISIONARY?
PERSONALITY = INNOVATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

A.I.M. MESSENGER 17
Start the game with a yellow Messenger Marker on this card. After taking a turn with Scientist Supreme, if the Messenger Marker is on this card, you may choose an adjacent opponent’s Unique Hero and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, place the Messenger Marker on that figure’s card and take permanent control of that figure. If another figure with your Messenger Marker on its card is attacked and three or more skulls are rolled, after rolling defense dice remove the marker from the game and control of the figure and its card returns to the player that controlled it before A.I.M. Messenger.

A.I.M. EMPIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on Scientist Supreme’s card, or the card of a Scientist, Physicist, Engineer, Terrorist, [Criminal, or Mercenary] Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with a squad of Ambitious Terrorists you control.

WAYS OF THE FUTURE 17
After taking a turn with Scientist Supreme, or a Scientist, Physicist, Engineer, or Terrorist unit you control, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, place a yellow Research Marker on this card, up to a maximum of 3 Research Markers. While there;
-is at least 1 Research Marker on this card, all Ambitious Terrorists you control add 1 to their Attack numbers.
-are at least 2 Research Markers on this card, all Ambitious Terrorists you control gain the Flying special power.
-are at least 3 Research Markers on this card, all Ambitious Terrorists you control gain the Power Gloves special power.

SOVEREIGN STATUS
If no figures you control have attacked this round, opponents’ figures roll 1 fewer attack die when attacking a Terrorist you control, or 2 fewer attack dice when attacking Scientist Supreme, to a minimum of 1 die.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POWER GLOVES
When Scientist Supreme attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, add 2 dice to his attack and he has the Super Strength special power. When Scientist Supreme attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack one additional time.

ENVIRONMENTAL SUIT
When rolling defense against a special attack, Scientist Supreme always adds 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If Scientist Supreme is chosen by an opponent for a special power requiring a 20-sided die roll, the opponent must subtract 2 from that die roll.

FLYING
Okay, so I couldn't really decide on one gimmick for this guy, so I threw them all out there.

Andrew Forson is the modern Scientist Supreme/Leader of A.I.M. His whole deal was taking steps to "legitimize" A.I.M. They buy an island, become an officially recognized nation, and even join the UN. He's pretty insistent on the whole "We're a new A.I.M. that's totally not evil anymore" bit and to a certain extent I think he buys his own hype, but they're still pretty blatantly doing shady science stuff and clashing with the Avengers every 5 minutes.

The powers below the line are the ones I'm pretty sold on. Environmental Suit feels like a must, and Power Gloves feels like a simple way to give him some combat capability without defining him.

The other powers though, I'm way less sold on. I think we could pick one or two of these just based on whatever we think is coolest. A rundown;

A.I.M. Messenger
In one story, Forson puts a device on Smasher (Isabel Kane), putting her under A.I.M.'s control and designating her as the "Messenger." Doesn't last more than a brief arc, but it seems like a fun idea for a simple high science power. I'd probably do this in addition to some sort of lighter A.I.M. synergy power, like letting you take a turn with the Agents after Forson or the Messenger.

A.I.M. Empire
Forson expands the group into what he calls the A.I.M. Empire, recruiting several "Ministers" to work under him. In-story, that's Graviton, Entropic Man, Mentallo, Superia, Taskmaster, and Yelena Belova. My two main concerns with this power would be (1) choosing what classes to use and (2) giving Graviton bonding partners. But still, seems like it could be worth a try.

Ways of the Future
In one arc, an A.I.M. from the future starts sending back data to the present-day group, leading them to make massive leaps in technology. The beekeepers basically turned into Iron Men. Not sure if Power Gloves would feel clunky when thrown on a common squad.

Sovereign Status
Representing that idea that they're a sovereign nation now, and the Avengers/whoever have to think twice before attacking them or risk the bad press. I almost could see doing this more like Penguin II's influence power. In the story, Forson gets ousted when Sunspot just straight-up buys A.I.M. out from under him, so the character being susceptible to being outspent would be funny and thematic. But Forson himself isn't really a money bags type character like our previous Influence Markers characters, so I don't know if it would feel right unless we could reskin those markers.

Anyways, sorry for the longer post, just one of those things where I had a big barrel of ideas. I'm also really tired of typing A.I.M now.
Old April 13th, 2020, 03:07 PM

Heh, nice. Lots to take in. I think I would avoid Graviton bonding as it will drive his points up tremendously and be the main focus.
I really like Ways of the Future. Upgrading your guys as time goes on feels super fun.
I would almost consider locking it into certain rounds and dropping the marker mechanic.
First upgrade Round 2, next Round 4, last Round 6. Or something like that.
Old April 13th, 2020, 03:17 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The important question here is does he go by Andy and thus will I have to fight him?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 13th, 2020, 03:21 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
The important question here is does he go by Andy and thus will I have to fight him?
I think we should team up to take this guy out.
Old April 13th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Heh, nice. Lots to take in. I think I would avoid Graviton bonding as it will drive his points up tremendously and be the main focus.
I really like Ways of the Future. Upgrading your guys as time goes on feels super fun.
I would almost consider locking it into certain rounds and dropping the marker mechanic.
First upgrade Round 2, next Round 4, last Round 6. Or something like that.
Ooh, that's a good idea. Always nice to avoid markers when possible. I wonder if we could do it where, if he's alive by Round X, the Agents get X power for the rest of the game. So if he's destroyed by Round 5, the Agents don't get Power Gloves, but they get to keep the defense boost and Flying. That sounds like a lot of fun, and would encourage the opponent to take him out before it's too late.
Quote:
I think he prefers to be called Dr. Andrew Forson, so you may be good. I know not the complex rules of the eternal tournament of Andy though.
Old April 13th, 2020, 03:39 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Ah yes, the legendary Double Andy Alliance of yore!

—-

Anyway, on the actual design:

I like the AIM Empire power best of the current options personally. Not really feeling the Messenger or Soveriegn powers too much. I like the idea of Ways of the Future, but I think it would be best simplified a bit so it could fit on the card with AIM Empire. Like after a certain number of rounds, he and all Ambitious Terrorists get a boost of some type. If it effects him you could also ditch Power Gloves, since you kinda ‘need’ the beekeeper suit power there (and you definitely don’t have the space for both Power Gloves and Beekeepr Suit alongside any other power of any length)

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 13th, 2020, 03:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Ah yes, the legendary Double Andy Alliance of yore!

—-

Anyway, on the actual design:

I like the AIM Empire power best of the current options personally. Not really feeling the Messenger or Soveriegn powers too much. I like the idea of Ways of the Future, but I think it would be best simplified a bit so it could fit on the card with AIM Empire. Like after a certain number of rounds, he and all Ambitious Terrorists get a boost of some type. If it effects him you could also ditch Power Gloves, since you kinda ‘need’ the beekeeper suit power there (and you definitely don’t have the space for both Power Gloves and Beekeepr Suit alongside any other power of any length)

Same thoughts here.
Old April 13th, 2020, 05:54 PM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = SCIENTIST SUPREME
SECRET IDENTITY = ANDREW FORSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VISIONARY?
PERSONALITY = INNOVATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

A.I.M. EMPIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on Scientist Supreme’s card, or the card of a Scientist, Physicist, Engineer, or Terrorist Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with a squad of Ambitious Terrorists you control.

WAYS OF THE FUTURE
If Scientist Supreme is on the battlefield at;
  • the end of Round 2, all Ambitious Terrorists you control add 1 to their Defense numbers for the rest of the game.
  • the end of Round 4, all Ambitious Terrorists you control gain the Flying special power for the rest of the game.
  • At the end of Round 6, all Ambitious Terrorists you control add 1 to their Attack number for the rest of the game.

ENVIRONMENTAL SUIT
When rolling defense against a special attack, Scientist Supreme always adds 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If Scientist Supreme is chosen by an opponent for a special power requiring a 20-sided die roll, the opponent must subtract 2 from that die roll.

FLYING
Okay, that would leave us somewhere like this. Still pretty text-heavy, but I think it's technically acceptable.

I do feel like we're losing a bit of theme not having a "A.I.M. is a changed organization, things are different now" power on there, but it's more one of those things he's constantly monologuing about instead of an actual story beat. Like there's an issue where they show up to a big weapons convention, and when the S.H.I.E.L.D. crew get upset, he gives his big "No, we're allowed to be here and there's nothing you can do about it" speech. But then the S.H.I.E.L.D. team immediately beat him up anyways, and suffer absolutely no real consequences for it.

I do see how Graviton bonding is gonna be a cost driver here, but honestly, if his cost gets driven up cause he's working with a thematic partner, that's okay by me. As long as it's not broken or unfun.

I do worry about him invalidating Monica a bit, but you can bring her along for the ride too, and I think she has her own niche in bringing in Clones/MODOK.
Old April 13th, 2020, 06:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well Monica's 160 points and this guy's looking more like 280 points, so I think they'll be in different niches.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy